Windows 10: Fix for many sound problems for laptops

Discus and support Fix for many sound problems for laptops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After trying driver updates and a number of other fixes, I found the best way to fix a number of audio problems, including those of the dock outputs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimRollins1, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Fix for many sound problems for laptops

After trying driver updates and a number of other fixes, I found the best way to fix a number of audio problems, including those of the dock outputs, is to simply download and reinstall the audio software from the manufacturer of your laptop. For Lenovo laptops with Conexant 20672 Smart Audio HD , the link is https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8aax04ww.exe. It works for Lenovo laptops all the way back to Windows 7 vintage. My laptop is a T420 and runs Windows 10/64 v1809.

Generic approach for other laptops:

1. Go to Device Manager and find out the name of the Audio Software listed under audio inputs and outputs usually Write it down and while there uninstall the Driver.

2. Go to your laptop's manufacturer site and find the support area where the drivers and downloads are found. Identify the audio area. Find and download the latest software for your specific audio system. Install and reboot.

3. Even though you may have a legacy windows 7 laptop like mine, updated to Windows 8 or 10, it is likely a new install of the audio software will work. On reboot Microsoft will install the current driver.

:)

JimRollins1, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 12, 2020
  3. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Fix for many sound problems for laptops

PROBLEM WITH SOUND

Hi Emilio,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What Is the make and model of your computer?

Follow the Microsoft article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Fix for many sound problems for laptops

1. Fix for many sound problems for laptops - Similar Threads - Fix many sound

2. How to fix sound problem win11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix sound problem win11 ?: The audio output device keeps reconnecting.Tried:reinstall drivers,winaudio services enabled,automatic driver search,auto troubleshooter doesn't work either.Win11Video...
  3. How to fix sound problem win11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix sound problem win11 ?: The audio output device keeps reconnecting.Tried:reinstall drivers,winaudio services enabled,automatic driver search,auto troubleshooter doesn't work either.Win11Video...
  4. New Laptop- Many Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop- Many Problems: I had my old ASUS laptop finally kick the bucket- the insides still work amazing but the screen is splitting down the middle and there is no fix for the model. I have been to Best Buy for a new laptop 3 times now. My budget was $1000-$1600. I'm a college student. I need a...
  5. New Laptop- Many Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop- Many Problems: I had my old ASUS laptop finally kick the bucket- the insides still work amazing but the screen is splitting down the middle and there is no fix for the model. I have been to Best Buy for a new laptop 3 times now. My budget was $1000-$1600. I'm a college student. I need a...
  6. Problem with sound on ACER Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with sound on ACER Laptop: Does anyone know what might cause this problem?The laptop screen suddenly turn off and speakers send weird noiseWindows 10 home on ACER nitro5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-sound-on-acer-laptop/a1b886c7-a637-4e7e-b65e-d5212ba44629
  7. HP laptop sound problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP laptop sound problems: Hello, I have an HP laptop which I use for school, but in the last 2 weeks I've been having sound problems with it, when I turn on my laptop and I log in into my user usually the sound icon seems to be right, but when I open any app that requires sound, like Opera GX, a...
  8. New Laptop Sound Problems!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Laptop Sound Problems!: Hey Guys, from the beginning sorry for my bad English, so this week i got a 99$ windows 10 laptop for school because was cheep and i really don't need so much power for basic tasks like word and stuff like this, evrything work grate until last night when i i accidentally...
  9. No sound on windows ten laptop i have tried so many fixes none work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on windows ten laptop i have tried so many fixes none work: My laptop is running windows 1909 today I have lost all audio it started with the audio services is not running but i had sound I tried to fix it off of what other sites said to-do like uninstall the realtek driver reinstall the driver device manager and restarting services...
  10. So many problems with my laptop!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So many problems with my laptop!: Hi I am having issues with my laptop which is an HP Stream. I had it bought for me as a Christmas present back in 2016. Windows 10 is the operating system on it. So a few issues have developed on it over the past few months. I have listed them below: Keyboard unexpectedly...