Windows 10: Fix for Microsoft store being uninstalled

Discus and support Fix for Microsoft store being uninstalled in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently had to soft reset my pc and in the process Microsoft Store was accidentally uninstalled, which made games like Minecraft unplayable. There's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KennyGGO, Jan 26, 2023.

1. KennyGGO Win User

Fix for Microsoft store being uninstalled

I recently had to soft reset my pc and in the process Microsoft Store was accidentally uninstalled, which made games like Minecraft unplayable. There's another forum with the question of how to fix this, as downloading it from Microsoft's site didn't seem to be working, and the only reply to that forum was to fully reinstall windows. But I found an easy fix that may work for a few others:Just open the Xbox app. I was immediately prompted that I needed the store to have the app function, and an install button for the store comes up right along side it, it only took a minute to install and the s

:)

KennyGGO, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Vijay Win User
    Restore Microsoft Store application in Windows 10

After multiple attempts, I managed to get Store open by enabling Developer mode (as suggested by one of the posters here) and running the command "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" in Powershell. Not sure if is exactly the solution since I've tried different steps suggested by different users in different forums (including uninstalling Store separately) but hey, I am not complaining!

Vijay, Jan 26, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

1. Fix for Microsoft store being uninstalled - Similar Threads - Fix Microsoft store

2. How to fix not being able to install microsoft store apps?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to fix not being able to install microsoft store apps?: How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-not-being-able-to-install-microsoft/0d460b26-7fa3-4cf6-a1b0-ee5cbb9bd955
  3. How to fix not being able to install microsoft store apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix not being able to install microsoft store apps?: How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-not-being-able-to-install-microsoft/0d460b26-7fa3-4cf6-a1b0-ee5cbb9bd955
  4. i found a fix to the microsoft windows store being missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i found a fix to the microsoft windows store being missing: The geek squad guy came and fixed my missing store by adding a space dash i so that Windows could find out where to configure the store at if that makes any sense. hope this helps someone as I was without a store for a year....
  5. Fix for Microsoft store being uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix for Microsoft store being uninstalled: I recently had to soft reset my pc and in the process Microsoft Store was accidentally uninstalled, which made games like Minecraft unplayable. There's another forum with the question of how to fix this, as downloading it from Microsoft's site didn't seem to be working, and...
  6. uninstalled Microsoft store

uninstalled Microsoft store: Okay so I was trying to fix problem with running game I was listening to help on your page I'm gonna paste link. I was at 7. point and i followed it and i accidentally uninstalled Microsoft store. Then I was trying to install it back using your instructions but it didn't...
  7. uninstalled Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstalled Microsoft store: Okay so I was trying to fix problem with running game I was listening to help on your page I'm gonna paste link. I was at 7. point and i followed it and i accidentally uninstalled Microsoft store. Then I was trying to install it back using your instructions but it didn't...
  8. uninstalled Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Microsoft store not being there.

Microsoft store not being there.: Hi, I recently factory reset my computer and removed everything as chrome, and microsoft store wasn't working and microsoft store not being there. I expected as I reset my computer completely that microsoft store would be there but it isn't. I now cannot download anything as...
  10. Microsoft store uninstalled

Microsoft store uninstalled: Does anyone know how to install the Microsoft store on windows, ive tried using the powershell as admin but I only get a red wall of text everytime I try to give a command. What am i doing wrong here?...