Windows 10: Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier

Discus and support Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently noticed that my mouse jumps around in certain programs. The problem is repeatable and the mouse always jump in a predictable fashion to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DouglasWeaver1, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier

I recently noticed that my mouse jumps around in certain programs. The problem is repeatable and the mouse always jump in a predictable fashion to the same exact spot in the program. The location it jumps to is program dependent, for example:

• In Outlook, when I click in the body of a new email, the cursor jumps to the end of a text line.
    • In Autodesk Fusion 360 the cursor jumps to the dynamic dimension value when trying to draw a shape.
    • In Krita when selecting a color, the cursor jumps to the file menu after the color selection is made.

It turns out that this issue is caused by the screen magnifier. I typically work with the screen magnifier set to 100% with colors inverted because I find working with a black background and white text is easier on my eyes. I have worked this way for years and never had any performance issues with the mouse until sometime around July or August of 2020. I suspect a windows update changed a default setting.

The issue is caused by a setting in the "Ease of Access" magnifier settings. Change "keep the text cursor" option from "Centered on the screen" to "Within the edges of the screen"

Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier dc8d5bcc-b7bf-47b0-9dcb-e32c158243ea?upload=true.png

:)

DouglasWeaver1, Aug 24, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Jumping mouse cursor

Mouse cursor keeps jumping out of control. I've uninstalled it (there were 3 listed under the mouse device) and then updated the device driver. Didn't fix it. What do I do?

Charlie T65, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier

manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier

1. Fix for mouse jumping when using magnifier - Similar Threads - Fix mouse jumping

2. Jumping Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Jumping Mouse: My mouse is jumping and there is nothing that will fix the problem, Is there any new software for the mouse?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jumping-mouse/272ded73-f305-4c0a-ab79-8b66b4e066be
  3. Jumping Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jumping Mouse: My mouse is jumping and there is nothing that will fix the problem, Is there any new software for the mouse?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jumping-mouse/272ded73-f305-4c0a-ab79-8b66b4e066be
  4. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  5. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  6. Jumping mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jumping mouse: My mouse starts to jump around after almost every Microsoft update. It has a mind of its own. It closes out of browsers. It closes out of applications. I use a Dell laptop. I have never been able to find a resolution to this issue that developed after updating to Microsoft...
  7. Jumping mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jumping mouse: My mouse starts to jump around after almost every Microsoft update. It has a mind of its own. It closes out of browsers. It closes out of applications. I use a Dell laptop. I have never been able to find a resolution to this issue that developed after updating to Microsoft...
  8. Jumping mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Mouse JUmping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse JUmping: Why my cursor always jumping to search bar, I already updated my mice driver. Note: im using laptop without mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jumping/c80fc4c6-2991-4d79-a16c-cb27be0e740c
  10. mouse jumping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mouse jumping: how can I stop my mouse from jumping to the top of the page every few seconds of me scrolling. I can be in the middle of reading an article and it jumps to the top of the page. Im also trying to do a clean up check and it wont complete...