Windows 10: Fix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update

Discus and support Fix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I fixed my dad's computer that froze at the login after the April update (pretty much what is happening in this person's post). What worked for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gktorn, Apr 16, 2019.

1. gktorn Win User

Fix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update

I fixed my dad's computer that froze at the login after the April update (pretty much what is happening in this person's post).

What worked for me was-

booting into safe mode with networking

then running the Windows Update troubleshooter

then downloading the uninstall utility for my dad's antivirus program (he has Avast, but most 3rd party antivirus programs have an uninstall tool) on to a usb drive on my computer, plugging that drive into my dad's, putting that utility onto his desktop, and running that program.

then restarting the computer.

That's what got the computer to work perfectly again and is fully updated. No freezing, no problems. I then reinstalled Avast onto his computer, updated it, restarted the computer, and it's running normally.

Thought I'd share this as taking more drastic steps takes so much more time (resetting or reinstalling Windows is never funFix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update :). Hope this helps someone.

:)

gktorn, Apr 16, 2019
  2. oldman1234, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 16, 2019
  4. sermudkip Win User

Computer freezing at login screen

hi,

My computer started freezing at the login screen yesterday. I cant do anything with it anymore since it disables all the usb, and keyboard/mouse ports. I have reinstalled windows and installed all my drivers again, but it freezes at normal windows updates which is kind of odd.

Is there a way to fix this?

cheers,

sermudkip, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Fix for Windows 10 freezing at login screen after update - Similar Threads - Fix freezing login

2. Windows 10 freezes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after login: It happened to me when I was browsing the internet, PC suddenly frozen and couldn't do anything, only mouse cursor was visible and I could move it, so I restarted, after that I couldn't run the PC correctly, cause it would always freeze after signing in. After some time the...
  3. Windows 10 freezing at login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezing at login screen: My computer has randomly started freezing when I get to the login screen, so I can’t even use my computer! Help, how do I fix this? submitted by /u/UltroGmr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6s03m/windows_10_freezing_at_login_screen/
  4. Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen: [ATTACH]If you face a situation where after you enter the password of your account […] This article Windows 10 freezes at Login Screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login

windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login: How to fix it...? My pc have xeon precessor with nvidia quadro 4000 graphics card. when i login to anu user account after 5 to 10 min my screen stops and freezes. then i have to turn it off by pressing power button or by turning the power supply off. Please help what to...
  6. Windows 10 Freezing after login

Windows 10 Freezing after login: my HP laptop keep freezing after log in, it works for about 5 minutes as maximum then windows totally freezes, I have tried many solutions from the internet but unfortunately it was solved for 2 days then it comes back. I have run it in the safemode, and it is totally...
  7. Windows 10 1903 May Update freeze at login screen after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 May Update freeze at login screen after update: Dear community, i have a huge problem with my Desktop PC. It was not possible to install both large updates 1809 and 1903 on my machine. Both updates had the same error however. My Windows is able to recognize the needed update, to download it completely and to install...
  8. Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 either freezes after login or black screen before login: The problem from the older thread about graphic driver persisted, but uninstall and reinstalling the same driver didn't do anything to fix at all. It was fine yesterday until I put it to sleep and left it for around 3 hours. The laptop froze a lot when I tried to login in...
  9. Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart

Windows 10 freezing in login screen after restart: So I restarted my pc yesterday by accident and when it starts it suddenly freezes at the login screen. I login automatically so I have the spinning dots but they just freeze at some point. This isnt the first time this happened but I don't know how to fix it. I can login...
  10. Windows 10 freezing on login screen

Windows 10 freezing on login screen: Windows 10 loads up to the time and date screen completely frozen, theres only one other icon on the screen and its the network icon ( usually there is a power button with this). Mouse and keyboard led lights have power but both are unresponsive. Some steps I did: 1....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezing on login screen

2. windows freezes in login screen

3. windows 10 login screen freezes

4. windows 10 freezes on login screen,
  5. windows 10 freeze at login screen,
  6. log in windows freezing afer windows 10 upgrade,
  7. windows 10 freezes log on screen,
  8. windows update freezes screen,
  9. windows 10 computer freezing on login screen,
  10. windows freeze at login screen,
  11. windows 10 1903 freezing at log in screen,