Windows 10: Fix for Windows 10 not sleeping

Discus and support Fix for Windows 10 not sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For those having a problem finding a fix for Windows 10 not going to sleep, I have a suggestion you should give a try. I've fixed this problem twice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by b4ab, Mar 10, 2021.

1. b4ab Win User

Fix for Windows 10 not sleeping

For those having a problem finding a fix for Windows 10 not going to sleep, I have a suggestion you should give a try. I've fixed this problem twice by going to Services, and right clicking on Windows Update and selecting Restart.

I'm not exactly certain where I discovered this fix but it was in a discussion for fixing System 32/MoUso Core Worker.exe. I think I spelled that correctly, and it that was the file or process keeping the sleep mode from working.

Hope this helps,

b4ab

:)

2. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 10, 2021
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows 10 PC, issues with sleep and slow boots

@Mussels Welcome to the most widespread, yet elusive to pin down problem plaguing W10 even with SSD's! (meaning it's not your HDD)

You can googlebing to your heart's content and try every wild-assed fix out there, but you'll only make a dent in your frustration level.

What has MOSTLY helped me is turning off hibernation by turning off all sleep and power saving options in Windows, and turning off fast boot by deleting hiberfil through the CMD line (as an admin).

Now it only hangs on boot or restart 1 out of 5 times. LOL, and I call that progress. I have two steps to take that look like they might be promising.

I'm going to disable all power saving features in BIOS, and try a new BIOS which was released after W10.

No one, including M$ has figured it out yet. Some of the speculative fixes you'll find come from their own forums where so-called Windows experts seem to be the most clueless of everyone.

Anyway, I listed what has helped me somewhat after 4 weeks.

rtwjunkie, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix for Windows 10 not sleeping - Similar Threads - Fix sleeping

2. windows 11 will not wake up after going into sleep mode. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 will not wake up after going into sleep mode. How do I fix this?: windows 11 will not wake up after going into sleep mode. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-will-not-wake-up-after-going-into-sleep/e3b4271c-840e-4464-a000-3a8e01739179
  3. windows 11 will not wake up after going into sleep mode. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 will not wake up after going into sleep mode. How do I fix this?: windows 11 will not wake up after going into sleep mode. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-will-not-wake-up-after-going-into-sleep/e3b4271c-840e-4464-a000-3a8e01739179
  4. In Windows 11, the setting for "Screen and Sleep" keeps resetting, How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, the setting for "Screen and Sleep" keeps resetting, How to fix this?: I have a Samsung Galaxy Odyssey laptop with Windows 11 and I have the "Screen and Sleep" setting set as balanced, with the "Plugged in, turn screen off" and the "On battery power, turn screen off" both set as 10 minutes. And the "Plugged in, put device to sleep after" and the...
  5. In Windows 11, the setting for "Screen and Sleep" keeps resetting, How to fix this?

In Windows 11, the setting for "Screen and Sleep" keeps resetting, How to fix this?: I have a Samsung Galaxy Odyssey laptop with Windows 11 and I have the "Screen and Sleep" setting set as balanced, with the "Plugged in, turn screen off" and the "On battery power, turn screen off" both set as 10 minutes. And the "Plugged in, put device to sleep after" and the...
  6. My laptop screen and keyboard stop working after sleep / hybernation. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen and keyboard stop working after sleep / hybernation. How can I fix it?: I usually work with a HDMI plugged in screen at home along with USB keyboard and mouse. Whenever I take the laptop away from the screen and unplug keyboard and mouse, and I close the lid which triggers the sleep mode, then I cannot turn the laptop back on. The laptop screen...
  7. My laptop screen and keyboard stop working after sleep / hybernation. How can I fix it?

My laptop screen and keyboard stop working after sleep / hybernation. How can I fix it?: I usually work with a HDMI plugged in screen at home along with USB keyboard and mouse. Whenever I take the laptop away from the screen and unplug keyboard and mouse, and I close the lid which triggers the sleep mode, then I cannot turn the laptop back on. The laptop screen...
  8. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue: I was having the same issue as many people seem to, where a Microsoft Wireless mouse just refuses to allow a computer to go to sleep mode, even after disabling the "allow this device to wake the computer from sleep" function.After some fiddling, I finally figured out the...
  9. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue: I was having the same issue as many people seem to, where a Microsoft Wireless mouse just refuses to allow a computer to go to sleep mode, even after disabling the "allow this device to wake the computer from sleep" function.After some fiddling, I finally figured out the...
  10. Fix for "Microsoft wireless mouse not letting my computer go to sleep" issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware