Windows 10: Fix Game Error [201], Can’t open the data files in LOTRO or The Lord of the Rings game

Discus and support Fix Game Error [201], Can’t open the data files in LOTRO or The Lord of the Rings game in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Lord of the Rings Online has many fans, or should I say devotes. They love to read their novels, watch its movie, and play the video game.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 5, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Game Error [201], Can’t open the data files in LOTRO or The Lord of the Rings game

Fix Game Error [201], Can’t open the data files in LOTRO or The Lord of the Rings game cant-open-data-files.png
    Lord of the Rings Online has many fans, or should I say devotes. They love to read their novels, watch its movie, and play the video game. Unfortunately, many gamers are experiencing an error in LotRO. Therefore, in this article, we will be seeing ways to fix “Can’t open Data files” in LOTRO. Fix Game Error […]

This article Fix Game Error [201], Can’t open the data files in LOTRO or The Lord of the Rings game first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 5, 2021

2. Downloading Lord of the rings Battle for middle earth II

Hi Luke,

Compatibility issue is one of the potential reasons why you're unable to play the Lord of the Rings Battle for middle earth II. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

For additional troubleshooting steps, I suggest that you visit this
    thread
    and try to perform the steps provided by LouisRiecken.

If the issue persists, I recommend that you post this query to the Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

http://www.middleearthcenter.com/forums/

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Cortana is Messing Up My LotRO Game

I am an avid player of LotRO... when Cortana opens up to "access my location" (which she gets wrong anyway) she stops my game... I have to reload the game every single time and this messes me up often lately. I find the only thing she is good for is 100
    daily points but she's not good for my gaming... anyway to correct this?

Thanks in advance!

RaineyDawn, Aug 5, 2021
  4. woodyxc12 Win User

Fix Game Error [201], Can’t open the data files in LOTRO or The Lord of the Rings game

PC GAME LORD OF THE RINGS BATTLE FOR MIDDLE EARTH WONT WORK ON WINDOWS 10

Why wont this game work on windows 10? I have tried changing to previous compadibilities of windows and it still wont work. Do I need to get windows xp? if so how can I? Thanks

OP - PC GAME LORD OF THE RINGS BATTLE FOR MIDDLE EARTH

woodyxc12, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Game Error [201], Can’t open the data files in LOTRO or The Lord of the Rings game - Similar Threads - Fix Game Error

2. how to fix kernel data inpage error when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix kernel data inpage error when gaming: hey people so whenever I load valorant or Minecraft or literally any game my PC just randomly freezes for 10 mins and blue screens saying the kernel data inpage error and when I restart the bios isn't detecting windows, i restart again it works but whenever I game it does the...
  3. how to fix kernel data inpage error when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix kernel data inpage error when gaming: hey people so whenever I load valorant or Minecraft or literally any game my PC just randomly freezes for 10 mins and blue screens saying the kernel data inpage error and when I restart the bios isn't detecting windows, i restart again it works but whenever I game it does the...
  4. how to fix kernel data inpage error when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Game Save Cloud error? Game Save Data Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Save Cloud error? Game Save Data Gone: Hello and thank you for your time. I bought the game Deep Rock Galactic on the Windows Store 2 years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. The game has frequent updates, however, I often found it difficult to update the game through the windows store. Eventually I found...
  6. File History Error 201 Every Day?

File History Error 201 Every Day?: I get this File History notification just about every day. I have changed the retention to 1 month but that had no effect. I get the error about File Hist Cleanup.I have been using Macrium for about a year.Can you help me correct the File History errors?I hope the included...
  7. Fix Unable to launch game, please verify your game data error on Rockstar Games Launcher

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unable to launch game, please verify your game data error on Rockstar Games Launcher: [ATTACH]If you see Unable to launch game, please verify your game data error message on Rockstar Games Launcher, then this post will help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Rockstar Games Launcher is used for playing games developed and published by Rockstar Games, Inc....
  8. Lord Of The Rings Battle For Middle Earth II

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lord Of The Rings Battle For Middle Earth II: To whom it may concern, One of my all time favourite computer game was Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth II, so today I said let me get it back on my pc so I found my game disks and I started to install them, Installation...
  9. File History Error 201

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Error 201: I opened my File History Event Logs to find a bunch of Errors. They are all 201 Events saying, "Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\..." What could be happening? I manually made a File History Backup on...
  10. BSOD playing Lord of the Rings Online + Other Things

BSOD playing Lord of the Rings Online + Other Things: So my laptop has had a habit of Blue Screening occasionally, off and on. However, the last week or so it's become intolerable as it BSOD's every time I even load the launcher up for Lord of the Rings Online. It occasionally BSOD's during other activities, such as netflix or...