Windows 10: Fix Ground Branch Crashing, Low FPS and Stuttering issues

Discus and support Fix Ground Branch Crashing, Low FPS and Stuttering issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]For a lot of users, Ground Branch works perfectly and they are enjoying the game. However, for some users, the experience has not been as flat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 1, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Ground Branch Crashing, Low FPS and Stuttering issues

Fix Ground Branch Crashing, Low FPS and Stuttering issues Ground-Branch.jpg
    For a lot of users, Ground Branch works perfectly and they are enjoying the game. However, for some users, the experience has not been as flat as pancakes. According to them Ground Branch is crashing, running on low FPS, and stuttering. In this article, we are going to talk about this issue in detail and […]

This article Fix Ground Branch Crashing, Low FPS and Stuttering issues first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 1, 2022
  2. Dull Byte Win User

Sudden FPS drop/Stutter

Since 2 days ago, I just turned on my Computer, and it starting having issues while I was playing Witcher 3 (starts with decent fpsm and then very low fps, dropping to 35, then 20, and stopping at 12 or so, in a matter of seconds, in a matter of 1min of starting the game), also stuttering without any high demanding programs, randomly. I was playing at 45-60 fps, without any stutters or sudden fps drop. Have tried other games the issue persists. Even setup everything to low settings.
    I have ran several tests with several tools, all seems normal, no sudden memory spikes, or temperature raising out of the ordinary, nothing that would indicate such an fps drop or stuttering.

MSI Afterburner

I also did the reset option on Windows10, completly cleaned out all my personal info from the windows partition.
    So at this point, I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: I kept doing some tests to find out the issue. And this happened before and I was able to replicate it. Same thing happened as before, till I set it up to fullscreen, Alt+Tab from the game and then back to the game, FPS went up to 50 again, stable and good, dropped after a couple of seconds. After a bit it went to 2-5 fps, and I had to shutdown the game, because even the sound was getting messed up.

MSI Afterburner 2

In this image those ups and downs in the GPU usage are when the fps dropped really hard and the sound got messed up.

Dull Byte, May 1, 2022
  3. Desktop suffering from stuttering, FPS drops, and random crashes.

Hello all,

This is the first post I will be making outside of the welcome page.
    My Desktop computer has been having issues with games constantly stuttering and occasionally crashing for what seems like no reason. There are error logs reported on Event Viewer for the crashes but no information that I can see related to the stuttering.

I can only describe this stuttering as a sudden drop of FPS to 0 with sound glitches and then back up in a second or 2 working fine. Other instances of this happening can also be a drop of FPS to around 20 with sound glitching out much more and for a longer period of time. The sound glitching I refer to sounds like a something being constantly repeated over itself so for example instead of "Hi" it would sound like "Hihihihihihihihihihihi". It may also be worth mentioning that I have a external sound card installed on my system, a SoundBlaster Zx.

The crashes I refer to happen instantaneously and I have not been able to explain them whatsoever. In the event viewer I have noticed with games Fallout 4 and CS:GO they appear with the application error event 1000. fallout 4 refers themselves as the faulting module and CS:GO refers to a Nvidia process called "Nvd3dum.dll" (See Screens Below)

Fix Ground Branch Crashing, Low FPS and Stuttering issues [​IMG]

Fix Ground Branch Crashing, Low FPS and Stuttering issues [​IMG]

Since these issues has shown up I have replaced my PSU and my RAM to see if that would change anything. The specific PSU and RAM I got is a Corsair RM850 and a 16GB set (2X8GB) of Crucial Ballistix Sport. These changes have done nothing to alleviate the issues I have been experiencing. I have also attempted to unplug all HDDs and SSDs as well as reseat all components of my Desktop. I have reinstalled windows 10 multiple times using a USB flash drive. I have attempted Reinstalling GPU Drivers (Nvidia) and tweaking Graphics settings using the NVIDIA control panel. None of my attempts to fix have worked thus far.

Most of the fixes I have tried are related to the error 0xc0000005, which appears in the event previously mentioned above, but I am not the most savvy when it comes to more in depth analysis and repairs. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Baconation, May 1, 2022
  4. BossDweeb Win User

FPS STUTTER

COD4 = COD4-MW , yes ? (vs COD-BOps 4)

"updated NVIDIA drivers, but for nothing."

- In regard to COD4-MW it would have been for nothing as
    the game is too old to benefit from any recent driver optimisations

(they popped out another update on the 11th as well).

- Stutter has been an issue for years, and is not related to Win10. Some people are more sensitive to stutter as well.

It has, in part, to do with getting the correct balance between the frame rates the game is running at, and your monitors refresh rate.

A neither world between lag and smooth running.

Some games seem to be more prone to stutter, and because most fps players run and pan constantly (especially online) they are

more likely to have a problem with stutter, as this makes the game load objects/scenery more than if moving and panning more slowly.

Outdoor areas are generally more impacted by stutter for this reason.

Using V-sync can either help or exacerbate the issue. Again it depends on the game, so you need to experiment.

You also have to experiment with things such as lowering the games graphics settings. Sometimes a particular setting which

is not as well optimised for the game as it could have been (which can cause fps drops) will contribute to stutter.

eg - MSAA over 2x can have a big impact on performance. Some games more than others.

- A monitor with a 120+ refresh rate can also help. Partly because you can disable V-sync without causing screen tearing while

running higher frame rates.

- Your 2.2GHz cpu may also be a just bit underwhelming. COD4 has a minimum cpu requirement of 2.4GHz.

Note too that some games don't play well with Hyper-threading enabled, so you may want to experiment with disabling that,

if you have it enabled.

If the cpu use is not approaching 100% use the clock speed it is not so likely to be contributing to the stutter though.

- Then we come to other less obvious issues such as
    other software you may have running that may conflict, or use system resources.

Particularly things that interact with the game such as Skype and other COM programs, or using things such as DVR to make

a video of your game.

- Further to that, a search for COD4 stutter problems at one of the dedicated COD forums, or Steam, should come up with some

fixes that may work for the game in question. Fixes that worked with Win7 should also apply to Win10.

BossDweeb, May 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Fix Ground Branch Crashing, Low FPS and Stuttering issues - Similar Threads - Fix Ground Branch

2. Low FPS after random crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low FPS after random crash: So, yesterday at night something weird happened. I was watching some youtube, about to go to bed, when all of a sudden my entire PC just froze up out of nowhere. Nothing worked anymore. Complete freeze frame. Pressing the power button also didn't do anything so i held it down...
  3. Low FPS after random crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low FPS after random crash: So, yesterday at night something weird happened. I was watching some youtube, about to go to bed, when all of a sudden my entire PC just froze up out of nowhere. Nothing worked anymore. Complete freeze frame. Pressing the power button also didn't do anything so i held it down...
  4. Ground Branch won’t launch or start on PC [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Ground Branch won’t launch or start on PC [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Ground Branch is a popular shooter video game that millions of gaming enthusiasts love to play. However, a lot of users have complained that they are unable to start the game on their PC. This could be caused due to several reasons like missing admin rights, infected...
  5. Ground Branch Mic not working [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Ground Branch Mic not working [Fixed]: [ATTACH]If the Mic or Microphone is not working in Ground Branch when playing the game of your Windows 11/10 Pc then this post will help you. Ground Branch is a shooter video game loved by millions of gaming enthusiasts. While it works smoothly most of the time, it is not...
  6. Fix Rainbow Six Extraction FPS Drops and Stuttering Issues

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Rainbow Six Extraction FPS Drops and Stuttering Issues: [IMG]Are you experiencing FPS drops and stuttering issues with the Rainbow Six Extraction game on your Windows 11/10 PC? Here is a complete guide that will help you fix the FPS drops issue with the game. Rainbow Six Extraction is a recent multiplayer tactical shooter game...
  7. Battlefield 2042 FPS Drops and Stuttering Issues on PC [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Battlefield 2042 FPS Drops and Stuttering Issues on PC [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Here is a complete guide to fix the FPS drops and stuttering issues on Battlefield 2042 on your Windows PC. Battlefield 2042 is a multiplayer-focused first-person shooter game and is a recent addition to the Battlefield series. However, some gamers have already...
  8. SCREENSAVER LAGGING/STUTTERING/LOW FPS. HELP PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SCREENSAVER LAGGING/STUTTERING/LOW FPS. HELP PLEASE!: Hello all, I’ve been using the Helios screensaver and it ran perfectly for almost a year. Now that screensaver barely moves (low FPS and stuttering). I switched to stock windows 10 screensavers to see if the issue persisted and it does lag/stutter pretty bad. Games run fine...
  9. Issues with stuttering/fps drops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with stuttering/fps drops: There is a TLDR at the end of this post but please read this thoroughly! Hi! Thank you in advance for reading and thinking along with me. I have some stuttering (no monitor issues) going with my laptop. It happened a few days ago and since then it's becoming really a...
  10. FPS STUTTER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS STUTTER: So, i have got a completely brand new Laptop and i was trying to run some Cod4 to play with my friends where i encountered a thing called stutter, updated NVIDIA drivers, but for nothing. Also its not overheating problems and exc, the gpu, cpu are not Overheating. Need Help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com