Windows 10: Fix HDMI Port not working properly on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Fix HDMI Port not working properly on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]HDMI or High Definition Multimedia Interface is an audio/video interface that can be used to interconnected multiple multimedia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 26, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix HDMI Port not working properly on Windows 10 PC

Fix HDMI Port not working properly on Windows 10 PC HDMI-Cables-100x100.jpg
    Fix HDMI Port not working properly on Windows 10 PC HDMI-Cables-150x109.jpg HDMI or High Definition Multimedia Interface is an audio/video interface that can be used to interconnected multiple multimedia devices. The most common use for this is when a CPU is connected to a monitor and a projector. It can also be used to [...]

This post Fix HDMI Port not working properly on Windows 10 PC is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Feb 26, 2019

2. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Feb 26, 2019
  4. MiguelFed Win User

HDMI Port not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

"Product Name: HP DV7-4285DX
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HDMI port quit working after upgrading to Windows 10. The VGA port works fine. I have tried many of the fixes for listed for this issue for upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8/8.1. Here's what I've done so far..."

I was misquoted. I have an HP Compaq dc 7900 S (Refurbished) PC. I upgraded it from XP 64 to 7 64, then to Windows 10 64. Consistently worked beautifully.

After uprading to Win 10, my HDMI port connected, second HP Monitor continued to work as beautifully as usual. Then after one upgrade, I had to trick the PC to recognizing it by disconnecting the VGA connected, 1st Monitor upon booting, then connect after
    the other monitor was recognized.

A few months later, now way over a year ago, I couldn't even trick it anymore. However, on rare, like once every 6 months, the second monitor (HDMI) will amazingly turn on for a minute, then turn back off again.

I cannot get HP to tell me the driver list for the pc. They want me either to call another number to pay over $100 to talk to someone or buy new equipment. What do I do, throw out a perfectly good PC, save for the HDMI port not functioning (yet).

I am seriously thinking about (can't revert back to 7 cause I reset 2 X - nor uninstall updates) backing it up and reformatting my 3TB HD and reinstalling xp, then upgrading to 7, then 10, recording which device drivers are listed and any changes. Then
    I would download missing drivers and install as legacy drivers or install directly in compatibility mode. Sounds like a lot, but no one has the answer. I will com across a dialogue that sounds like it has the answer, then it is a toshiba laptop linked to
    a TV set, then I know it won't apply.

Any other ideas? Microsoft as no drivers for me. HP does not. I even called Staples,where I purchased it. Although they are helpful and know a lot, they are more interested in less conventional stuff like hacking and protecting from hacking.

Thanx,

Miguel

MiguelFed, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Fix HDMI Port not working properly on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Fix HDMI Port

2. hdmi and usb port not working properly after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi and usb port not working properly after windows update: hi, pls I need help, I have been allowing "update and shutdown" when it pops up in the start menu, then after that, the HDMI and USB are not working properly they keep cutting from time to time, I use my USB with my mouse and sometimes it just stop connecting, I also have an...
  3. hdmi and usb port not working properly after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi and usb port not working properly after windows update: hi, pls I need help, I have been allowing "update and shutdown" when it pops up in the start menu, then after that, the HDMI and USB are not working properly they keep cutting from time to time, I use my USB with my mouse and sometimes it just stop connecting, I also have an...
  4. hdmi and usb port not working properly after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 HDMI port not working

Windows 10 HDMI port not working: Today my hdmi stopped working after a windows update my laptop is Dell Latitude 7490, I did a lot of research and couldn't find a good solution for it. I updated all drivers and nothing. So I finally updated the firmware and guess what, it worked!. My question is, why...
  6. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have Windows 10. When I try and connect to my TV using an HDMI cable, nothing comes up on the TV. I have checked the cable with my other laptop and it works just fine. How do I check and update/install HDMI drivers on my laptop?...
  7. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display...
  8. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hi there, I installed an update this morning and now my HDMI port doesn't appear to be working. I've used the VGA connection to the monitor so it's not the monitor, but I can't eliminate that it's not the HDMI cord, but I doubt it is. Can you please advise how I reverse the...
  9. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Hi, I recently unplugged my HDMI cable from my gpu (980ti), once I plugged it back in, the monitor didn't detect any signal. My computer can't find any other monitor, only my main display. Already tried to switch between HDMI cable but still nothing. the HDMI port itself...
  10. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Please can someone help me. I have an acer predator laptop which has windows 10 installed. My HDMI port used to connect an additional monitor stopped working and I can't figure out why. The Intel HD graphics as well as the NVIDIA graphics are all up to date but it is still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can we know HDMI is properly installed?

2. hardware reset hdmi port windows

3. set up multimedia projector on hdmi port in win 10

4. hdmi not working properly on windows 10