Windows 10: Fix initial accounts

Discus and support Fix initial accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just bought a new computer and was eager to get it working. I screwed up the initial setup of the accounts. I linked my hotmail account to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SlickRCBD, Oct 15, 2018.

1. SlickRCBD Win User

Fix initial accounts

I just bought a new computer and was eager to get it working. I screwed up the initial setup of the accounts.

I linked my hotmail account to the administrator account, and set up a pin for the admin account. I want to put the hotmail account on my everyday limited account and I want to set a different password for the admin account.

I can't find any way to change the admin account from a pin to a password except for either resetting the password in computer management's local users and groups, or one that resets the Hotmail password.

I want the hotmail password to be for the limited account.

I can't find any way to remove the homail account from the admin account either. I see how to add more but not remove.

I managed to pass the certifications for Microsoft exams on Windows 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, and 7, but I can't figure this out in Windows 10. CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't show me the option to change passwords for instance.

How do I fix it so that the administrator has the same password I use on my Windows 7 and Windows XP computers, the hotmail account is linked to the limited account instead of the admin account (and no, I don't want to change the names of what is what. There are other computers on the network and I've been using the naming scheme for 20 years. Just making the current admin acconut limited and promoting the limited account is NOT a solution. it would mess with the permissions for the other computers. It would also screw with the paths to the personal folders if it behaves like Windows 2000 through Windows 7).

Oh, and how do I even figure out what the password is for the admin account? It accepts the PIN, but when I try to use UAC to elevate from the limited account, UAC won't accept anything I enter and I don't recall being prompted for that password, only for the e-mail password and a PIN. I had to create a second administrator account as a stopgap. Probably wasn't the best idea to use "Root" as the name for the temporary stop-gap, but it indicates my satisfaction with Windows 10 so far and what OS my next computer will probably be using if I can't get it working right.

:)

SlickRCBD, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 15, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

Fix initial accounts

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Fix initial accounts

1. Fix initial accounts - Similar Threads - Fix initial accounts

2. Fix Unable to initialize the Graphics system error on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unable to initialize the Graphics system error on PC: [IMG]Many gamers have encountered the frustrating issue of the game failing to initialize the Graphics system. This article’ll delve into common reasons behind this problem and find simple yet effective solutions to get you back on the board and win through levels in no time....
  3. How to fix I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED??: I had my pc for a year now and have been upgrading it a little by and decided to get new ram and once I put it I get the error I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED. After that I turn off pc and put old ram in and get the same thing. Now I don’t know how to fix this?? My pc is 5800x3d,...
  4. How to fix I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED??: I had my pc for a year now and have been upgrading it a little by and decided to get new ram and once I put it I get the error I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED. After that I turn off pc and put old ram in and get the same thing. Now I don’t know how to fix this?? My pc is 5800x3d,...
  5. Fix Unable to initialize SteamAPI error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unable to initialize SteamAPI error: [ATTACH]So, what is more frustrating, going to the shower and realizing that there is no soap or getting error messages every time you try to play a game. If you are a gamer, I am pretty sure your answer will be the latter. Lucky for you Unable to initialize SteamAPI is a...
  6. How to fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed?: How do I fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed on a Windows 10 Pro laptop that connects with other personal Windows devices through a personal workgroup not using Windows Server on any devices? The devices in use are Windows with OS accounts with the same...
  7. SSD not initialized and unable to initialize

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not initialized and unable to initialize: I have 3 disks on my desktop : 1 M.2 disk boot disk , 1 SSD drive and 1 HDD drive . Everything was working well until yesterday i was unable to access some files on the SSD drive . After restarting the computer the SSD drive doesn't appeared anymore . In disk management...
  8. Not able to create initial account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not able to create initial account: I purchased a new PC with windows 10. The configuration process forced me to use my mircosoft account. No option to create local account in that process. I do not want my Microsoft account for this pc, but a local admin user account. The documents state I can switch to...
  9. Removing Initial Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing Initial Microsoft Account: I currently have a work laptop from a previous employee, which was bought new and set up with his own personal email account. We're trying to remove it however as the laptop was started up with this email the only option we have is 'Manage', we can't delete by going through...
  10. two log in accounts on initial screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two log in accounts on initial screen: When I start my computer I have two log on names that are the same. One asks for password other pin. How do I get rid of one so I can not have to log in every time?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP Stream - 11-ah012dx windows activation expiring