Windows 10: Fix Invalid Depot Configuration Steam Error on Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Invalid Depot Configuration Steam Error on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Steam is a video game digital distribution service that lets users buy, download, install, and play games. It also provides the user with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 12, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Invalid Depot Configuration Steam Error on Windows 10

WinClub, Apr 12, 2020

2. Invalid IP Configuration

As I have noticed with many of you, I have had trouble connecting my lap top to Wifi running in Windows 10. Trouble shooter informs me that the IP address configuration is invalid. I have followed a number of the suggestions posted on the forum however the
    only one that worked was to go into 'Command Prompt'; 'Run Administrator'; then type in ipconfig /renew. However this only appears to be a short term fix as it reverts back to 'invalid IP Configuration. The contact centre have been unable to help - does anyone
    know how to fix it permanently?!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

joreeves2012, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please confirm a few things for me.

1. Is this issue occurring with ‘Steam’ being installed on your system?
    2. Have you checked if the controller still works on your Windows when ‘Steam’ is not running in the background?

Please check with the following methods.

Method 1:

Stop the process for steam in task manager and check with this.

You can stop ‘Steam’ running in the background by following the steps below:

1. Press ‘Ctrl’, ‘Shift’ and ‘Esc’. This will launch the ‘Task Manager’.
    2. Click on the ‘Details’ tab, you should be able to locate the ‘steam.exe’ process if ‘Steam’ is running in the background.
    3. Right-click on it and select ‘End process tree’ to stop the ‘Steam’ running in the background.
    4. Check if the controller is still working on the Desktop.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check the settings in the Steam application. You may follow the steps below:

1. Launch the ‘Steam’ application, click on ‘Settings’.
    2. You should be able to locate the ‘Controller’ option under ‘Settings’.
    3. Under ‘Controller Configuration’, click on the ‘Desktop Configuration’. Please confirm the settings there.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Apr 12, 2020
  4. j0rdanb Win User

Steam games not launching on Windows 10

I've already tried doing this as well as even doing a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 multiple times, but none of this has fixed the errors I get.

j0rdanb, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Fix Invalid Depot Configuration Steam Error on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Invalid Depot

2. invalid configuration descriptor error code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    invalid configuration descriptor error code 43: Got an artist's 12 pro drawing tablet, It was working just fine not too long ago. Now the issue is I cannot connect it while another screen is in use, if I do the screen will shut off and lose signal. Another thing it turns on when my pc boots but immediately loses signal...
  3. Invalid configuration information

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invalid configuration information: when I start my computer DELL/desktop every time this message appear on the screen : - Invalid configuration information - please run SETUP program. - Time-of-day not set - please run SETUP program. press F1 key to continue press F2 to run setup utility press F5 to to...
  4. Fix Invalid Configuration Information – Windows 10 boot error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Invalid Configuration Information – Windows 10 boot error: [ATTACH]If when you power-on or boot your Windows 10 computer and you encounter the black screen with the error message Invalid Configuration Information, then this […] This article Fix Invalid Configuration Information – Windows 10 boot error first appeared on...
  5. Fix Steam App Configuration Missing or Not available error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Steam App Configuration Missing or Not available error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Steam is a video game digital distribution service that lets users buy, download, install, and play games. It also provides the user with installation and […] This article Fix Steam App Configuration Missing or Not available error on Windows 10 first appeared on...
  6. Fix Steam Service component error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Steam Service component error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Steam is a video game digital distribution service. It provides the user with installation and automatic updating of games, and community features such as friends […] This article Fix Steam Service component error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. invalid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    invalid ip configuration: So I was about to do something and I suddenly lost internet I look at the internet and it says no internet, unidentified network. So I preformed an troubleshoot and I saw this. I hope that I dont have any viruses, and that others are using this computer. Please fix. [ATTACH]...
  8. Invalid Configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invalid Configuration: Sir When i power on my pc there show: Invalid Configuration Information - Please run setup program. Time-of-day not set - please run setup program. To continue press F1 key To change setup option press F2 key To run onboard diagnostics press F5 key Please help me what...
  9. Fix The Handle is Invalid error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The Handle is Invalid error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are you stuck at the Windows login screen and you see an error message The Handle is invalid you need first to ensure that you are using the correct credentials to log in. If you are sure that they [...] This post Fix The Handle is Invalid error on...
  10. INVALID IP CONFIGURATION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    INVALID IP CONFIGURATION: Please help!!! How can I resolve this problem, "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-ip-configuration/8e82fccf-1dc9-48aa-a967-8d3c218ca8fb