Windows 10: Fix issues button on the Windows Update page

Discus and support Fix issues button on the Windows Update page in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you’re trying to update your version of Windows 10 and Windows Update runs into a problem, you might see a notification that updates can’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 17, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix issues button on the Windows Update page

WinClub, Jan 17, 2020

2. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Techtu Win User
    Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Fix issues button on the Windows Update page :)

Techtu, Jan 17, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Fix issues button on the Windows Update page - Similar Threads - Fix issues button

2. Window Button Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Button Issues: Hey everyoneJust yesterday, when I update the Window 11 to the patch KB5019980, my freaking Window button become unable to clicked AGAINThis is not the first time this appear, the first time it happen, I thought something's wrong with my laptop, but it seems impossible...
  3. Window Button Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Button Issues: Hey everyoneJust yesterday, when I update the Window 11 to the patch KB5019980, my freaking Window button become unable to clicked AGAINThis is not the first time this appear, the first time it happen, I thought something's wrong with my laptop, but it seems impossible...
  4. Windows spotlight not updating issue fix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows spotlight not updating issue fix: Hello.For quite some time I've struggled with Windows Spotlight, as it wasn't downloading any new images or tips. I've tried literally every fix possible, most importantly, clearing cache / settings / re-registering. None of them worked.Until it stroke me that the issue might...
  5. Where is Fix issues on the Windows update page? See below

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is Fix issues on the Windows update page? See below: An external storage device with 10GB or more of free space, depending on how much additional space you need. An internet connection. Here's how to do it: Select Start > Settings >Update & Security. From the Windows update page, select Fix issues. This launches theWindows...
  6. Weird font issue on bluetooth settings page, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird font issue on bluetooth settings page, how to fix?: What can i do to fix this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-font-issue-on-bluetooth-settings-page-how-to/43623b2f-8394-4ab7-a9ff-d9700b1b60f0
  7. No Shutdown Button On Logon Page

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Shutdown Button On Logon Page: Due to sluggish PC I reset. Now I have no shutdown button on the logon screen. I've tried the Registry Editor fix, but didn't work. Also ran check on corrupted files and restarted. Nothing. I've run as Administrator....
  8. FIX THE BLUETOOTH BUTTONS ON UPDATE 1803!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIX THE BLUETOOTH BUTTONS ON UPDATE 1803!!!!: I'VE HAD ENOUGH MICROSOFT, YOU ARE VERY DISRESPECTFUL AND RUDE, YOU **** BROKE MY BLUETOOTH BUTTONS TO CONTROL THE PLAY AND PAUSE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF UPDATE 1803, YOU HAVEN'T FIXED IT SINCE YOUR STUPID CUMULATIVE UPDATES YOU KEEP RELEASING, I WAS USING THE BLUETOOTH...
  9. Fall update fixed issues..

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall update fixed issues..: Hi I have notice two issues that I was having with WIndows 10 now seem to be fixed with the 1709 update... 1. I no longer have to press the "number lock" button when I first power on, for some reason even though set to be on I have always had to manually press the...
  10. Upgrade Now button takes me to Windows Update Page???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Now button takes me to Windows Update Page???: Hi there. I'm currently running Windows 7 Pro on a Lenovo ThinkPad. I have the Get Windows 10 icon showing. When I click it, it takes me to the Upgrade Now button. So far so good. When I click the Upgrade Now button, I get the starting to download screen with the...