Windows 10: Fix Keyboard problems using Keyboard Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Keyboard problems using Keyboard Troubleshooter in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If your Windows desktop or laptop keyboard is not working properly and maybe typing wrong characters, then run the built-in Keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 12, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Keyboard problems using Keyboard Troubleshooter in Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Unable to use keyboard on Windows 10.

Hi Hank,

Please let us know the make and model of your device.

This issue might be due to corrupted or outdated drivers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Step 2: Update keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Please get back to us with the results of the issue in regards with keyboard and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating system. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Keyboard stops responding since last Windows update

Hi,

The latest update may have caused an altered setting in your keyboard configuration.
    Let us run the troubleshooter for Windows 10 keyboard to determine the cause of the issue and fix it.

Kindly follow the steps below:

• Select
      Start
      (Windows logo on the lower left corner of your screen).
    • Click
      Settings.
    • Click
      on Update & security
    • Choose
      Troubleshoot.
    • Under the
      Troubleshoot page, click on
      Keyboard, Find and fix problems with your computer's keyboard.
    • Then click on
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Kindly check your basic keyboard functions (without the game on) and see if the issue was fixed.

If the issue persists you may also follow the steps under Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

If the above steps will not work, kindly get back to us with
    current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer.

To know these details, follow the steps below:

• Select the
      Start
      button.

• Type
      About your PC.
    • Press
      Enter
      to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know what happens after doing the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Rey Cam, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Fix Keyboard problems using Keyboard Troubleshooter in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Keyboard problems

2. Windows 11 keyboard troubleshooting is missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keyboard troubleshooting is missing?: I'm having issues with my USB keyboard after a botched attempt at installing a joystick.All the usual key letters, numbers, etc don't work unless I press several other keys at the same time; but the unique buttons volume, brightness, calculator all work fine.I wanted to run...
  3. Windows 11 keyboard troubleshooting is missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keyboard troubleshooting is missing?: I'm having issues with my USB keyboard after a botched attempt at installing a joystick.All the usual key letters, numbers, etc don't work unless I press several other keys at the same time; but the unique buttons volume, brightness, calculator all work fine.I wanted to run...
  4. troubleshoot keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    troubleshoot keyboard: I recently purchased the Sculpt ergonomic keyboard. I then downloaded Windows 11, then the Sculpt software. The mouse works fine. However, when I use the keyboard, the cursor jumps all over the place when I type. What do to stop this? Andy...
  5. troubleshoot keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    troubleshoot keyboard: I recently purchased the Sculpt ergonomic keyboard. I then downloaded Windows 11, then the Sculpt software. The mouse works fine. However, when I use the keyboard, the cursor jumps all over the place when I type. What do to stop this? Andy...
  6. Fixing a keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fixing a keyboard: Hi I have a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0. I know that it's old, but up until today, it has worked perfectly until today. I began to type this morning, and some weird things happened. When I type r, it types art. When I hit backspace it types `, etc. Just...
  7. Windows 10 keyboard problem

Windows 10 keyboard problem: Please I need help to resolve this problem My system was perfectly working yesterday, today I tried using my pc , none of the keys on the keyboard is working. I tired so many options online to resolve the issue but the keyboard isn't responding. Some of the options I tried:...
  8. Problem using keyboard

Problem using keyboard: Hello I just bought my laptop yesterday Lenovo with windows 10. I start it it was OK after logging out from my account so my brother can log in with his account the keyboard stopped working. The system was just updated! Please se if anyone can help me Thank you...
  9. problems with keyboard settings after using bluetooth keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems with keyboard settings after using bluetooth keyboard: Hi i used the below b.tooth keyboard with my acerswift laptop czech laptop. using it has changed the keyboard operation of my laptop - keyboard now types with the characters in blue as a default see photo. i have to use the the blue Fn button to get the normal letter - i...
  10. Keyboard using Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard using Windows 10: My home, end, page up/down & arrow up/down keys have stopped working. Instead the corresponding number goes onto a Word document when using the relevant keys. Using a mouse works OK....