Windows 10: Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11

Discus and support Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you receive Not responding due to a long-running script error message while using Internet Explorer 11, this article will help you address that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 1, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11

If you receive Not responding due to a long-running script error message while using Internet Explorer 11, this article will help you address that issue. This issue occurs if Script debugging is enabled and if there are long-running scripts on the website that you are visiting.

Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11

These are the things you can do to fix Long-Running Script Error on Internet Explorer 11

1. Disable Script debugging
    2. Use Internet Explorer Performance Troubleshooter
    3. Reset Internet Explorer

Let us talk about them in detail.

1] Disable Script debugging

Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11 Disable-Script-debugging.jpg

If Script debugging is enabled in Internet Explorer 11, you will face the error. So, to face this issue, we need to disable this feature. You can follow the given steps to do the same:

1. Click on Tools from the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer window or just hit Alt + X.
    2. Click “Internet options”.
    3. Go to the Advanced tab, from the “Settings” section
    4. Check “Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)”,
    5. Click Apply > Ok.

Now, restart Internet Explorer and check if it fixes the Long-Running Script Error on Internet Explorer 11.

2] Use Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter

Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11 Internet-Explorer-Performance-troubleshooter.jpg

Another thing you can do to fix this error is to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter. Download and run the tool and follow the on-screen instruction to fix the issue.

3] Reset Internet Explorer

Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11 reset-Internet-Explorer.jpg

If none of the issues worked for you, try resetting Internet Explorer as the issue can be because of wrongful setting twitch. To do that, follow the given steps.

1. Click on Tools from the top-right corner of the Internet Explorer window or just hit Alt + X.
    2. Click “Internet options”.
    3. Go to the Advanced tab and click Reset.

Follow the on-screen instructions to reset Internet Explorer. Now, check if it fixes the issue for you.

Hopefully, you can fix the Long-Running Script Error on Internet Explorer 11 with the help of these solutions.

Related: A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly.

Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11 Disable-Script-debugging.jpg
    This article Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 1, 2021

2. long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, May 1, 2021
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, May 1, 2021
  4. Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11

ie 11 long running script errors

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your efforts towards resolving the issue. I will certainly help you with the issue that you are facing.

Method 1:

First, I would suggest you to run the following Microsoft Fixit to get the problem automatically detected and fixed.

Fix Internet Explorer issues to make IE fast, safe and stable

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/ie_performance_and_safety

Method 2: Run Internet Explorer in no add-ons mode.

While browser add-ons can enhance your online experience, they can occasionally interfere or conflict with other software on your computer. Try starting Internet Explorer without add-ons to see if the problem goes away.

Step 1:
    Run Internet Explorer without add-ons.

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.

• Type iexplore –extoff and click on OK.
    If the problem does not occur after you use this method, use Manage Add-ons to determine which add-ons are causing the problem.

Step 2: Manage add-ons.

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking the
      Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then in the list of results, click
      Internet Explorer.

• Click the Tools button, and then click
      Manage Add-ons.

• Click an add-on in the Name list, and then click
      Disable.

• Repeat step 3 until you identify the add-on that is causing the problem.

For more info, refer:

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Check whether the problem is fixed.

Method 3:

If Microsoft fixit and disabling add-ons does not help, I would suggest you to Reset Internet Explorer and check if that solves the problem.

Follow the steps in the link below to
    Reset Internet Explorer
    and check.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Note: Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings are lost and cannot be recovered. It is recommended to back up your home page or home page settings before resetting
    Internet Explorer to defaults.

Hope this helps. Please try these methods and let us know the status. Feel free to write us back in case you face any issue with windows in future.

Sahil Bali, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11

1. Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11 - Similar Threads - Fix Long Running

2. Long running scripts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long running scripts: I'm not a computer savvy person so bear with me. About a week ago You Tube started acting strange with its' presentation and got much slower in reacting to my inputs. I have a laptop with Windows 10. I can't get to tools to start getting to my add-ons. HELP! I also keep...
  3. Long running scripts

Long running scripts: Hi, I am having a problem with long running scripts, slow loading/ lagging and freeze up. my laptop is an Hp with windows 10 and edge. I have run virus scans, defrag,cleanup and nothing seams to help the problem. does anyone have any suggestions to fix my problems. Thankyou...
  4. long running scripts-

long running scripts-: how do you get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-scripts/3caf0be8-dca2-4062-bbd4-93ce3c3b1fa4
  5. LONG RUNNING SCRIPT

LONG RUNNING SCRIPT: WHY WON'T WINDOWS HELP SOLVE THIS ISSUE ? SURELY IT IS A WINDOWS PROBLEM AND NOT UP TO CUSTOMERS TO SOLVE IT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-script/f3050033-8ca9-44b9-bb58-4e05a8a740ef
  6. Long running script error

Long running script error: I keep getting a long running script error. How do I correct this? Thanking you in advance, S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-script-error/43036f9d-f7d1-47be-9e07-bda7050a6e6a
  7. long running script

long running script: my pc running slow or stuck says long running script https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-script/5f551fa9-0f35-4e1b-9a4e-1ef81b2ba7da
  8. Long running scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Long running scripts: I've had this problem for years of "long running scripts" for years. Norton security can't find anything. Microsoft Defender can't find it either. They both say all problems have been resolved. Is there a system scan from Microsoft that will check all components of Win 10?...
  9. Long running scripts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Long running scripts: Keep getting message program wont respond due to long running scripts and locks up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-scripts/fd5b706d-50e8-405d-9921-f46d1eab1bef
  10. Long-running script error message

in Windows 10 Support
    Long-running script error message: With W10 ... I frequently get messages such as "politico.com (or nytimes.com) is not responding because of a long-running script". What "script" is that? How can I permanently close it and stop those interruptions? Thanks. 43885