Windows 10: Fix mic

Discus and support Fix mic in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; whenever i used to plug in my headphones an option would come up saying headphones or headset also the mic used to work on it as well . However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tyler.3, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Tyler.3 Win User

Fix mic

whenever i used to plug in my headphones an option would come up saying headphones or headset also the mic used to work on it as well . However randomly one day i plugged them in the option never showed up anymore and the mic didn't work

would appreciate if someone could help me fix this thx

:)

Tyler.3, Apr 4, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Fix mic

Suddenly my system won't use a mic

One important step, try your mic with a different computer.

Papahyooie, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Fix mic

1. Fix mic - Similar Threads - Fix mic

2. my sound is very quiet and my mic does not function at all how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my sound is very quiet and my mic does not function at all how do i fix this?: all i know is that when i opened audio trouble shooter it said the issue was generic audio driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-is-very-quiet-and-my-mic-does-not/ea548a79-d11f-4089-a5e4-cdb9fa3d4404
  3. my sound is very quiet and my mic does not function at all how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my sound is very quiet and my mic does not function at all how do i fix this?: all i know is that when i opened audio trouble shooter it said the issue was generic audio driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-is-very-quiet-and-my-mic-does-not/ea548a79-d11f-4089-a5e4-cdb9fa3d4404
  4. my sound is very quiet and my mic does not function at all how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix the mic

How to fix the mic: Hi there. My audio stopped picking up my voice randomly in the Xbox app. The only way I can fix this is by opening the game bar, but the game bar has to be open for any audio to come through. When I click out of the game bar, everything cuts out. How do I fix this?...
  6. How to fix the mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the mic: Hi there. My audio stopped picking up my voice randomly in the Xbox app. The only way I can fix this is by opening the game bar, but the game bar has to be open for any audio to come through. When I click out of the game bar, everything cuts out. How do I fix this?...
  7. Mic not full being picked up by windows. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not full being picked up by windows. How do I fix it?: First I have a headset mic and tried all of the fixes I have seen online. I have reinstalled the mic drives, I have made sure that the mic isn't muted and is full volume. I have looked in the privacy settings and the mic is allowed. The mic is also set as the default device....
  8. Mic not full being picked up by windows. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic not full being picked up by windows. How do I fix it?: First I have a headset mic and tried all of the fixes I have seen online. I have reinstalled the mic drives, I have made sure that the mic isn't muted and is full volume. I have looked in the privacy settings and the mic is allowed. The mic is also set as the default device....
  9. Mic not full being picked up by windows. How do I fix it?

10. How to fix audio distortion and muffling in VC voice calls and in game mics like Fortnite?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix audio distortion and muffling in VC voice calls and in game mics like Fortnite?: This problem is occurring on my laptop and my PC, both Windows 11. Whenever I join something like Discord or Fortnite Party VC it becomes muffled also occurs in Whatsapp. Is there a solution to it? It happens with any headphones I use....