Windows 10: Fix Microsoft Video Editor not exporting problems in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Fix Microsoft Video Editor not exporting problems in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Microsoft Video Editor is a good basic video editor but not something a professional would use. As of late, a lot of users have reported that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 15, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Microsoft Video Editor not exporting problems in Windows 11/10

Fix Microsoft Video Editor not exporting problems in Windows 11/10 Microsoft-Video-Editor-Not-Exporting.png
    Microsoft Video Editor is a good basic video editor but not something a professional would use. As of late, a lot of users have reported that Microsoft Video Editor is not exporting video or audio, whereas, in some cases, the exporting takes longer time than it should. In this article, we are going to talk […]

This article Fix Microsoft Video Editor not exporting problems in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 15, 2022
  2. Raniel V. Win User

Video Editor Export

Hi Kelsey,

Thank you for your feedback.

When using the video editor app, go to the upper right hand part of the window and click on "Finish Video", then click on Export to save it on your desired folder or location.

Once the export has been completed, it should automatically save as an .MP4 file.

You may verify it by doing a right click on the video and selecting properties. The type of file should be "MP4 File (.mp4)".

Please let me know if the issue persist even after trying the steps above. Thank you.

Raniel V., Apr 15, 2022
  3. thadman27 Win User
    Microsoft Video Editor Not Exporting

Hello,

I have been trying to make a video using Microsoft Video Editor through Photos. The app itself worked fine. I made the video (about 6 minutes long) exactly the way I wanted to and it looks about as good as I want it to. But when I go to export it, it won't
    export. I get the pop-up that has me choose video quality, and I choose it. But after I pick the file location and click "export", the pop-up that says "exporting" never changes. No progress is made in exporting the video. I can find a file that was supposed
    to be the video with the title of the video, but it says that the file cannot be opened.

Any help at all would be awesome.

thadman27, Apr 15, 2022
  4. Fix Microsoft Video Editor not exporting problems in Windows 11/10

Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

Fix Microsoft Video Editor not exporting problems in Windows 11/10

1. Fix Microsoft Video Editor not exporting problems in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Fix Microsoft Video

2. Video Editor not exporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor not exporting: I have tried literally everything. I have tried using smaller resolutions, not using hardware accel, resetting the photo app, restarting the photo app, reinstalling the photo app, updating window, used troubleshooters that said they COULDN'T fix the problem, and have even...
  3. Video Editor not exporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor not exporting: I have tried literally everything. I have tried using smaller resolutions, not using hardware accel, resetting the photo app, restarting the photo app, reinstalling the photo app, updating window, used troubleshooters that said they COULDN'T fix the problem, and have even...
  4. Windows 11 video editor not exporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 video editor not exporting: Hi, My Windows 11 video editor will not export. Click export and it freezes after a while. Dosn't matter is its a 15sec or 10min video, it dosn't export.Have Unselect 'use hardware-accelerated encoding' then click export, but still will not export.Please help or do I just use...
  5. Windows 11 video editor not exporting

Windows 11 video editor not exporting: Hi, My Windows 11 video editor will not export. Click export and it freezes after a while. Dosn't matter is its a 15sec or 10min video, it dosn't export.Have Unselect 'use hardware-accelerated encoding' then click export, but still will not export.Please help or do I just use...
  6. Microsoft Video Editor Not Exporting

Microsoft Video Editor Not Exporting: Hello, I have been trying to make a video using Microsoft Video Editor through Photos. The app itself worked fine. I made the video about 6 minutes long exactly the way I wanted to and it looks about as good as I want it to. But when I go to export it, it won't export. I...
  7. Video Editor Export

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Editor Export: I tried to export my video on to my computer. The video saved as a video file. I cant upload a video file to the internet or youtube. How do I export the video as an .MP4 or something that I can share online ?...
  8. Windows Video Editor Photos Export Problems

Windows Video Editor Photos Export Problems: Hi, Tried editing a video, shuffled some scenes and added a bit of part of another one, but can't export it. It's just two videos, combined them and hit "Finish Video", I kept it overnight for three days, 720p, once Hardware-accelerated, twice vice versa, but all I get is...
  9. Video Editor not exporting

Video Editor not exporting: When I go to export my video project, the progress bar gets to <10%, and the app becomes unresponsive and freezes. A file is created, but it cannot be opened, has 0B size, and no thumbnail. I've tried repairing the app, resetting it, and turning hardware acceleration off,...
  10. Microsoft Video Editor nor exporting

Microsoft Video Editor nor exporting: I have Windows 10 software on my computer. I created video and when I finished and tried to export it it came error code saying unsupported video type or invalid file path. Can someone help me to fix it. Thanks...