Windows 10: Fix Mirrored Volume missing after reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Mirrored Volume missing after reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some users are unable to find the mirrored volume they have created after reinstalling Windows 10 on their PC. In this guide, we have some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 3, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Mirrored Volume missing after reinstalling Windows 10

Fix Mirrored Volume missing after reinstalling Windows 10 Mirrored-Volume-Missing.png
    Some users are unable to find the mirrored volume they have created after reinstalling Windows 10 on their PC. In this guide, we have some solutions that can fix the issue where Mirrored Volume may be missing after reinstalling Windows 10. Basically, a mirrored volume is created to withstand data losses and corruption. A mirrored […]

This article Fix Mirrored Volume missing after reinstalling Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 3, 2021

2. Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The cause for Failed Redundancy would be that half, but not both halves, of a mirrored volume was imported. In Disk Management, the imported half of the mirrored volume receives Failed Redundancy status, while the disk that holds the
    half of the mirror that was not imported receives Missing status. You can import the Missing disk at a later time to restore redundancy.

The solution for Failed Redundancy is to move all disks that span this volume to the new computer at the same time, and then import all of the disks together.

The complete solution is giving in the section A mirrored volume's status is Data Not Redundant from
    Troubleshooting Disk Management.

You may also refer the section A dynamic disk's status is Offline or Missing from the above article and try the troubleshooting steps.

If you are still facing any issues related to Mirroring, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hard Disk Mirroring.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 3, 2021
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Fix Mirrored Volume missing after reinstalling Windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Mirrored Volume missing after reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Mirrored Volume

2. Having problems creating a Mirrored Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems creating a Mirrored Volume: I’m trying to make two disk drives, H Disk 4 and G Disk 5, into a mirrored volume. The two drives are both Seagate 5 TB drives. They have been previously used, then wiped clean of all previous data. They are shown in Disk Management as Basic, 4657.40 GB, and Online. Each...
  3. Having problems creating a Mirrored Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problems creating a Mirrored Volume: I’m trying to make two disk drives, H Disk 4 and G Disk 5, into a mirrored volume. The two drives are both Seagate 5 TB drives. They have been previously used, then wiped clean of all previous data. They are shown in Disk Management as Basic, 4657.40 GB, and Online. Each...
  4. dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10: why are dll files missing after reinstaling windows 10 ? <non-relevant content removed> my tony halk hd game used to work now it tells me program wont start cause dxd3compiler missing...
  5. Mirroring a striped volume with another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirroring a striped volume with another drive: Hello everyone. I have 3 drives: two 1TB drives and one 2TB drive. I currently have a striped volume setup for the two 1TB drives. I am wondering: is there a way to mirror the striped volume with my 2TB drive? I am realizing that this is likely not possible with Windows Disk...
  6. Minecraft missing after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft missing after reinstall: I recently had a hard drive crash on my laptop. After getting a new one and reinstalling Windows 10 I can no longer play Minecraft. It doesn't seem to appear in my purchase history, but I have had an account for a long time now. I got the Windows 10 version for free when...
  7. mirrored volume for file redundancy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mirrored volume for file redundancy: I am trying to set up a mirrored volume for file redundancy. Can you use the computers hard drive plus a hard drive or do you need 2 extra hard drives. I have tried unsuccessfully to set up a mirrored drive with 1 extra hard drive. I have followed instructions but cannot get...
  8. Missing boot volume can't fix boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing boot volume can't fix boot: Hi All, I have a similar issue to one previously posted here: C:\boot missing My PC won't boot and recovery options are failing. It appears i need to rebuild my system partition but i'd like some guidance as i'm not sure what i'm doing completely. I tried BOOTREC /FIXMBR...
  9. Mirrored Volumes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirrored Volumes: Hi I have a Mirrored Volume in my PC - 2 x 4TB discs ( Win 10 Pro ). Can anyone tell me if I can have more than one pair of Mirrored Volumes ? I have another pair of 4TB discs that I would like to do this with. If it is possible, is it the same process as the first one...
  10. Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?: Situation: Windows 10 1803 computer. OS drive is fine. Have two other very large disks ("3" and "4"), mirrored from within Windows. "4" has problem, taking it offline and losing its data (now shows up as "Missing"). Currently we're able to read data from disk #3. Disk...