Windows 10: Fix Missing Boot Logo Durin Bootup from Ubuntu GRUB

Discus and support Fix Missing Boot Logo Durin Bootup from Ubuntu GRUB in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Ubuntu and Windows 10 dual-booted. but when I start windows boot manager the boot logo does not appear (Booted through GRUB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Play, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Play Win User

Fix Missing Boot Logo Durin Bootup from Ubuntu GRUB

Hello, I have an Ubuntu and Windows 10 dual-booted. but when I start windows boot manager the boot logo does not appear (Booted through GRUB Bootloader) and at the last second, it just appears, please what do I do? I'm very afraid and I installed it from a USB my version is Windows 10 Version Build 19043.1081

:)

Play, Jul 5, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Help with dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu

This is your whole problem. What you should have done is to put GRUB in sdb1 and Windows Manager in sda1 so that Windows Boot Manager is in control.
    So what suggested above will not make any difference. GRUB is still in control of booting process.
    To fix your problem. You will need to:
    1. Move GRUB from sdb to sdb1
      |grub2 - how to move grub boot from one partition to another in linux - Ask Ubuntu
    2. Rebuild The Windows Boot Manager ie. create a brand new BCD to boot Windows 10.
    3. Once done with steps 1 and 2 above. Windows will not know UBUNTU exists and vice versa.
      Depend on the priority set in the BIOS, it will boot directly into that OS.
      However, you can boot either one from Boot Menu (Using whatever key that your Laptop assigned to: F2, F10....)
      Since I hate Dual Boot and seldom boot into Linux, I will stop here.
      Now, go to step 4 to create dual boot.
    4. Use Easy BCD to create an entry for dual boot with UBUNTU. Once done, you should get a nice GUI dual Boot Menu
      and it will boot directly into either Windows or UBUNTU.

Here's the detailed explanation: How can I move windows 10 boot files to another drive to allow linux

topgundcp, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Grub Loader missing

my Dual boot of ubuntu is missing after i installed virtual box in windows 10 so how to get my grub boot up option

sriharsha5, Jul 5, 2021
  4. APDW Win User

Well, another set of Windows 10 patches installed, another trashing of my GRUB dual boot System: UBUNTU GRUB FIX

Well, another set of Windows 10 patches installed, another trashing of my GRUB dual boot system, another evening spent repairing it. When is Microsoft going to stop their upgrades destroying dual boot systems?

I know Microsoft don't want anything on my PC except Windows, however you can't always get what you want! If you make me choose between Windows and UBUNTU, you lose!

ADVICE for anyone using Ubuntu in a dual boot system with Win10 on a x64 architecture as a WIN10 patch upgrade WILL wipe your GRUB boot system out.

1) have a UBUNTU boot disk handy. Always!

2) When a Windows upgrade destroys GRUB, use the UBUNTU boot disk and boot up into "Trial" mode (i.e. don't reinstall UBUNTU). You may need to re-order your boot sequence and also ensure that secure boot is DISABLED else this may not work. Booting from dvd
    takes time - be patient!

3) Ensure you are connected to the internet - you may need hard wired connection as wireless does not always come up in Trial mode

4) Open a terminal and download the GRUB repair program:

"sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yannubuntu/boot-repair" <CR>

"sudo apt-get update" <CR>

"sudo apt-get install -y boot-repair && boot-repair" <CR>

MB sudo doesn't need a password when you boot into "Trial" mode.

5) When the boot repair program comes up, find your way to the advanced tab aand select "grub installation / repair" option, and follow any instructions given

6) Remove UBUNTU boot disk and reboot to Windows, open a admin enabled terminal (not powershell) and enter:

"bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ubuntu\grubx64.efi" <CR>

you should get a "success" message

7) reboot, and the grub menu should appear. Enjoy!

This works on Ubuntu 14 and Ubuntu 16 LTS coupled with Win10.

regards

Alan

APDW, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Missing Boot Logo Durin Bootup from Ubuntu GRUB - Similar Threads - Fix Missing Boot

2. Boots into Grub.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boots into Grub.: Whilst Windows Update was running, my laptop crashed, as i had forgotten to switch the PSU on. Now when I boot the laptop it goes straight into Grub, typing "exit" it then allows Windows to load. Could you please help me to make my machine normal. Thankyou...
  3. Boots into Grub.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boots into Grub.: Whilst Windows Update was running, my laptop crashed, as i had forgotten to switch the PSU on. Now when I boot the laptop it goes straight into Grub, typing "exit" it then allows Windows to load. Could you please help me to make my machine normal. Thankyou...
  4. windows boot logo missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows boot logo missing: so like 2-3 months ago i had to reinstall windows since my previous windows got corrupt so after i noticed after reinstalling windows newly my windows logo on boot is missing even though it was on the previous windows that has gone corrupted now the only thing i see is my...
  5. windows boot logo missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows boot logo missing: so like 2-3 months ago i had to reinstall windows since my previous windows got corrupt so after i noticed after reinstalling windows newly my windows logo on boot is missing even though it was on the previous windows that has gone corrupted now the only thing i see is my...
  6. windows boot logo missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Missing boot logo UEFI

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing boot logo UEFI: Hi, I want to ask my fresh copy of windows is not showing the boot logo or the DELL logo does not appear after boot with my ubuntu GRUB 2.04 how do I fix this even when winning boot manager, it first does not appear. How do I fix I'm getting scared...
  8. Removing GRUB from a Windows and Ubuntu Dual-boot Setup

Removing GRUB from a Windows and Ubuntu Dual-boot Setup: Hi! I am removing my Ubuntu from a dual-boot laptop PC and I am following this guide to do it: https://itsfoss.com/uninstall-ubuntu-linux-windows-dual-boot/ However, I am skeptical of the sixth step, saying: Step 6: In the command line, type the following command to...
  9. How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?)

How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?): So hey -- I've done all the hard work but the last step has perplexed me. I've installed Ubuntu Budgie on a separate partition of my disk so that I can dual boot Win10 or Budgie. (I'm doing this because I have a mini PC from Beelink and I'm attempting to see if Budgie is a...
  10. How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to be offered Ubuntu at time of boot (GNU GRUB?): So hey -- I've done all the hard work but the last step has perplexed me. I've installed Ubuntu Budgie on a separate partition of my disk so that I can dual boot Win10 or Budgie. (I'm doing this because I have a mini PC from Beelink and I'm attempting to see if Budgie is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show windows boot logo on grub

2. windows 10 boot logo missing grub