Windows 10: Fix my document links that one drive screwed up

Discus and support Fix my document links that one drive screwed up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ive found many threads of onedrive screwing up links in explorer and its now happened to me but their fixes dont worki right click on the folder goto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Entangled Conception, May 23, 2024.

1. Fix my document links that one drive screwed up

ive found many threads of onedrive screwing up links in explorer and its now happened to me but their fixes dont worki right click on the folder goto properties see that my documents folder points to User/onedrive/mydocuments i click restore to default which changes it to user/mydocuments or whatever but when i hit apply it wont a;llow iti found one comment thread that ssaid tried reinstalling one drive on windows 11 and uninstalling it again fixed it for them but it didnt for meshockingly though the main theme in the threads i found was microsoft people saying it doesnt screw with tjhs at all

:)

Entangled Conception, May 23, 2024

2. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, May 23, 2024
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Links in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to web

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that links created in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to Web. However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you click on the links in Open Office document?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?
    • Which browser are you using as default?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the articles on
    Using hyperlinks
    and
    Hyperlinks and URLs
    and see if that helps.

You may also want to try resetting the file association for HTTP and HTTPS files to default and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Default apps
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Choose default apps by protocol.
    4. Look for HTTP and HTTPS in the list and makes sure that the protocols are associated with
      Internet Explorer.
    5. If you do not see Internet Explorer associated, click on the application name and select
      Internet Explorer from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 23, 2024
  4. Fix my document links that one drive screwed up

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 23, 2024
Thema:

Fix my document links that one drive screwed up

1. Fix my document links that one drive screwed up - Similar Threads - Fix document links

2. Fix my document links that one drive screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix my document links that one drive screwed up: ive found many threads of onedrive screwing up links in explorer and its now happened to me but their fixes dont worki right click on the folder goto properties see that my documents folder points to User/onedrive/mydocuments i click restore to default which changes it to...
  3. The One Drive won't link up with my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The One Drive won't link up with my computer: The One Drive won't link up with my computer it saying its trying to automatically sign in but doesnt do anything then if i manually try and sign in through the settings it says there's an error with the one drive and it can't be found. How do i get signed in?...
  4. The One Drive won't link up with my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The One Drive won't link up with my computer: The One Drive won't link up with my computer it saying its trying to automatically sign in but doesnt do anything then if i manually try and sign in through the settings it says there's an error with the one drive and it can't be found. How do i get signed in?...
  5. The One Drive won't link up with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. One Drive NOT Local But Backing Up Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive NOT Local But Backing Up Documents: Greetings,I removed One Drive from my Win-11 system months ago yet it is still backing up my Documents. How do I stop this? I saw no option to do so online.Thank you!LGLDSR...
  7. One Drive NOT Local But Backing Up Documents

One Drive NOT Local But Backing Up Documents: Greetings,I removed One Drive from my Win-11 system months ago yet it is still backing up my Documents. How do I stop this? I saw no option to do so online.Thank you!LGLDSR...
  8. My "documents" folder is linked to one drive. How to redirect it to normal location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "documents" folder is linked to one drive. How to redirect it to normal location.: Hello,I have a new HP desktop TPE01-2000i running Windows 11 home. During initial setup, somehow, the "Documents" folder in the navigation pane of file explorer was setup to be linked to one drive, i.e. c:\users\<user name>\onedrive\Documents. I don't know how it happened....
  9. Screwed up my D drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed up my D drive: Hi all.. Soooo.. i've seen some solutions but not really have been able to resolve this yet.. My D drive has my main file "D:\Manage under "This PC" even though it's properties identifies it as D:\ and is a system folder so i can't move or delete it. There's a clone under...
  10. Help with One Drive, I screwed up

Help with One Drive, I screwed up: I have a new computer and didn't want Microsoft copying everything I did to the cloud, so I clicked on one drive and uninstalled it. I just noticed it is still copying my info. I don't see it anywhere, don't know what to do about it, please help me, I am 75 years old and...