Windows 10: Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer

Discus and support Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; While connecting to a network printer, if you see message Windows cannot connect to the printer, Operation failed with error 0x00000bcb; here are some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 25, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer

While connecting to a network printer, if you see message Windows cannot connect to the printer, Operation failed with error 0x00000bcb; here are some suggestions to troubleshoot this issue. This error message may appear irrespective of the type of printer you have for your networked computers.

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer Windows-cannot-connect-to-the-printer.jpg

Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer

To fix network printer error 0x00000bcb, follow these suggestions:

1. Run Printer troubleshooter
    2. Restart Print Spooler
    3. Check Printer drivers
    4. Add a local printer
    5. Change LAN Manager authentication level

To know more about these steps, keep reading.

1] Run Printer troubleshooter

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer network-printer-error-error-0x00000bcb.png

Windows 10 comes with numerous in-built troubleshooters to fix common problems like this one. You can find and run troubleshooters in Windows 10 from the Windows Settings panel in case you do not know. Therefore, press Win+I to open the Windows Settings and go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.

Here you can find the Printer troubleshooter. Select it and click on the Run the troubleshooter button.

Then, it shows various options according to the cause of your problem. Follow the on-screen instructions to fix the issue.

However, if running the Printer troubleshooter doesn’t solve your network printer issue, there is something more you can follow.

2] Restart Print Spooler

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer network-printer-error-error-0x00000bcb-1.png

Print Spooler is a background service, which needs to be running to establish the connection between your printer and computer. There could be times when it might stop running due to internal conflicts, causing the issue, as mentioned earlier. If that situation arises, restarting the Print Spooler service would fix the problem.

To do that, search for “services” in the Taskbar search box, and click on the individual result to open Services on your computer. Following that, search for Print Spooler service and double-click on it.

If the Service status is showing as Running, click the Stop button and restart it by clicking the Start button.

However, if it is already disabled, clicking the Start button would do the job. Next, click the OK button, restart your computer, and check if the problem still remains or not.

3] Check printer drivers

Every manufacturer provides drivers to build the connection between your system and the printer – whether you use it as an offline or network printer. If you have fresh Windows 10 installation, you should install the drivers as given with the printer. In case you cannot find the driver media, you can download it from the official website of your printer manufacturer.

4] Add a local printer

Adding your printer locally might fix the issue when your system is not detecting it automatically. To do so, you can take the Devices and Printers panel’s help, which stores all the connected devices’ information. To open this window, open Control Panel and click on the Devices and Printers option. In case you cannot find this option, make sure the View is set as Large icons.

Once the Devices and Printers window is opened, click the Add a printer option visible in the top menu bar.

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer network-printer-error-error-0x00000bcb-2.png

It opens up a window and searches for available printers. Don’t wait for the completion and instead click on The printer that I want isn’t listed option.

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer network-printer-error-error-0x00000bcb-3.png

Next, choose the Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings option and click the Next button.

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer network-printer-error-error-0x00000bcb-4.png

Now, choose the Create a new port option > select Local Port, and click the Next button. Enter your port name and click the OK button. Next, it asks you to install the printer drivers. Do it, and click the Next button.

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer network-printer-error-error-0x00000bcb-5.png

Once done, you will be able to use your printer without any problem.

5] Change LAN Manager authentication level

There are two ways to change the LAN Manager authentication level on a Windows 10 computer – using the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor. If you are using Windows 10 Home Edition, you must follow the REGEDIT method, as GPEDIT is not available on your PC.

Using Local Group Policy Editor:

At first, press Win+R, type gpedit.msc, and hit the Enter button to open the Local Group Policy Editor. Then, navigate to the following path-

Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options

Here you can find a policy called Network security: LAN Manager authentication level. Double-click on it and select Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated option.

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer network-printer-error-error-0x00000bcb-6.png

Click the OK button, restart your computer, and check if it solves the issue or not.

Using Registry Editor:

Press Win+R, type regedit, press the Enter button, select the Yes button to open Registry Editor on your computer. After that, navigate to the following path-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Right-click on Lsa > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value, and name it as LmCompatibilityLevel.

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer network-printer-error-error-0x00000bcb-7.png

Double-click on it to set the Value data as 1.

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer network-printer-error-error-0x00000bcb-8.png

Click the OK button to save the change. After that, close the Registry Editor, and restart your computer.

That’s all! Hope these solutions helped you to fix network printer error 0x00000bcb on Windows 10.

Related: Windows cannot connect to the printer, Error 0x0000052e.

Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer network-printer-error-error-0x00000bcb-2.png
    This article Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 25, 2021

2. networking a printer

true ive done it at my courses *Smile Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer :)
    so you just have to connect it to the pc and that one should be connected with the network *Smile Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer :)

DreamSeller, Apr 25, 2021
  3. BobBarr Win User
    networking a printer

It can be networked through the computer through control panel settings<view installed printers<your printer< share this printer I think is simple way someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Once you do that try connecting on your other comps by adding printer over network.

BobBarr, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Nailezs Win User

networking a printer

when networking a printer does it have to be connected to the router or can it be connected to a pc and be networked thru the pc?

Nailezs, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Network Printer error 0x00000bcb – Cannot connect to printer - Similar Threads - Fix Network Printer

2. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  3. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  4. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error with network Printer :Windows cannot connect to the printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with network Printer :Windows cannot connect to the printer.: Hello, I installed Windows 10 version 22H2 v and shared a printer on the network, I can't print from client systems, and the error "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Check the printer name and try again. If this is a network printer, make sure that the printer is turned...
  6. Error with network Printer :Windows cannot connect to the printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error with network Printer :Windows cannot connect to the printer.: Hello, I installed Windows 10 version 22H2 v and shared a printer on the network, I can't print from client systems, and the error "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Check the printer name and try again. If this is a network printer, make sure that the printer is turned...
  7. Error with network Printer :Windows cannot connect to the printer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. cannot connect to network printers, error 0x000003e3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot connect to network printers, error 0x000003e3: i have two printers connected to a PC via usb. PC is running win10 and both printers sharing status are enabled. no problem with network printing until yesterday. my laptop which is connected to network via wifi is now unable to print. i can see the printers from the laptop...
  9. Cannot connect to printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect to printer: Windows cannot connect to the printer. Local print spooler service is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-printer/f64723a1-406b-4b73-8211-77b7547a1f9e
  10. Connect a Network Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect a Network Printer: Hi, I have two computers and each one has its own printer. They are connected in the same network. How can I connect to the other computer's printer? I can't seem to figure this out.......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect printer error 0x000000cb sharing win 10