Windows 10: Fix Ntfs.sys Failed BSOD Error on Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Ntfs.sys Failed BSOD Error on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The system file Ntfs.sys may get damaged or corrupted and consequently lead to a Blue Screen of Death error that prevents you from booting into Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Ntfs.sys Failed BSOD Error on Windows 10

The system file Ntfs.sys may get damaged or corrupted and consequently lead to a Blue Screen of Death error that prevents you from booting into Windows 10. The stope code could be NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. In this post, we provide the most suitable solutions to resolve the SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (Ntfs.sys) Blue Screen error on Windows 10.

Fix Ntfs.sys Failed BSOD Error on Windows 10 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION-Ntfs.sys-Blue-Screen.png

The most likely culprit to this error could be a corrupt NTFS driver. Ntfs.sys is a system file associated with the NTFS system. Bad sectors on the hard drive or incompatible device drivers, depletion of non-paged pool memory, etc, can also result in this BSOD error.

Ntfs.sys Failed BSOD Error

If you’re faced with this SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (Ntfs.sys) Blue Screen, then one of these suggestions is likely to help you:

1. Update device drivers
    2. Uninstall third-party security software
    3. Run SFC scan
    4. Run CHKDSK
    5. Run Memory Test

Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.

If you can log in normally, good; else you will have to enter the Advanced Startup options screen, or use the Installation Media to boot and more importantly, for this BSOD specifically, you need to boot into Safe Mode with Networking to be able to carry out these instructions.

1] Update device drivers

Faulty or outdated drivers may cause this Ntfs.sys Failed error as well. In this case, you can either update your drivers manually via the Device Manager, or you can get the driver updates on the Optional Updates section under Windows Update.

2] Uninstall third-party security software

BitDefender and/or Webroot are known to cause this particular issue. In this case, to fix this issue, you’ll have to remove all third-party antivirus programs from your PC using the dedicated removal tool to remove all files associated with your antivirus program.

If removing the antivirus fixes this error, you can now install the same antivirus again, or you can switch to an alternative AV software or better still stick to Windows 10 native AV program – Windows Defender.

3] Run SFC scan

This BSOD error may also occur due to missing or corrupt system files. You may run SFC (System File Checker) utility to check for any system files’ corruption and fix it.

4] Run CHKDSK

This BSOD issue possibly occurs due to system error or having bad sectors on the hard drive. In this case, you can run CHKDSK and see if that helps.

5] Run Memory Test

The non-paged pool, containing the virtual memory addresses, always remains in the physical memory as long as the corresponding kernel objects are allocated. It can never be paged out into pagefile when the system runs out of free physical memory.

If the non-paged pool memory is depleted, you may encounter this error. In this case, you may add new physical memory to the system to improve the non-paged pool memory available to the kernel. If you have already added a new RAM stick, remove it and check if that is causing the error. If not, then you need to run a Memory Daiagnostic test to check and fix the issue at hand.

Hope this helps!

Related post: Fix NTFS FILE SYSTEM Blue Screen error.

Fix Ntfs.sys Failed BSOD Error on Windows 10 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION-Ntfs.sys-Blue-Screen.png
    This article Fix Ntfs.sys Failed BSOD Error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 11, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD while using the internet. error (L1C63x64.sys)

Hi trainman81,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.
    1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Fix Ntfs.sys Failed BSOD Error on Windows 10 [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

AVG is trying to request data from the internet, which is why the network driver is marked as the cause.
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1C63x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1C63x64.sys 0: kd> lmvm L1C63x64 start             end                 module name fffff801`89700000 fffff801`89722000   L1C63x64 T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: L1C63x64.sys     Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\L1C63x64.sys     Image name: L1C63x64.sys     Timestamp:        Mon Apr 01 05:15:17 2013 (5158FBC5)     CheckSum:         000245C4     ImageSize:        00022000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    AVG drivers that have been flagged
    Code:
    Code:
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgwfpa.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgwfpa.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgfwd6a.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgfwd6a.sys
    Please uninstall AVG and see if it helps
    Uninstall AVG | AVG
    It is further recommended to check your Qualcomm network driver for updates, its driver is not supported for Windows 10.
    Driver Reference Table - L1C63x64.sys

3. Donna Men Win User
    BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, May 11, 2021
  4. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Ntfs.sys Failed BSOD Error on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Ntfs sys

2. how do i fix notskrnl.exe failed bsod and rt640x64.sys failed bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix notskrnl.exe failed bsod and rt640x64.sys failed bsod: i recently took my computer to micro center because i was having issues with all my games crashing and they said i havd faulty ram and a faulty motherboard. i then bought new ram and a new motherboard and installed it into my computer. i boot my computer up and try to play...
  3. how do i fix notskrnl.exe failed bsod and rt640x64.sys failed bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i fix notskrnl.exe failed bsod and rt640x64.sys failed bsod: i recently took my computer to micro center because i was having issues with all my games crashing and they said i havd faulty ram and a faulty motherboard. i then bought new ram and a new motherboard and installed it into my computer. i boot my computer up and try to play...
  4. Is there a way to fix a BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error for mrvlpcie8897.sys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to fix a BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error for mrvlpcie8897.sys?: I woke up on the 16th of August, 2021, and started up my computer to find it giving me a BSoD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and identifying the mrvlpcie8897.sys driver as the cause. I restarted in safe mode, uninstalled the driver, and the computer started fine....
  5. Fix KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (e1d65x64.sys) BSOD error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (e1d65x64.sys) BSOD error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check indicates that Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory […] This article Fix KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (e1d65x64.sys) BSOD error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Ntfs file sys error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ntfs file sys error: I got a ntfs file sys error i tried every method online and nothing fixes it i cant even boot into safe mode can someone help me pls submitted by /u/gurso21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef60jw/ntfs_file_sys_error/
  7. Fix dxgmms2.sys BSOD error on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Fix dxgmms2.sys BSOD error on Windows computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The dxgmms2.sys file is a Windows system driver file that is associated with the Graphics Rendering capabilities of a computer. This file is known to cause a Blue Screen error. But the main reasons include conflicts like RAM or Hard [...] This post Fix...
  8. Fix volsnap.sys failed BSOD error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix volsnap.sys failed BSOD error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Volsnap.sys is a Windows operating system file that is associated with the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). This file is known to cause a Blue Screen error. But the main reasons include conflicts like RAM or Hard Disk Issues, incompatible [...] This post...
  9. Fix wdf01000.sys BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix wdf01000.sys BSOD on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Wdf01000.sys is a file associated with Windows Driver Framework which in turn handles the system drivers. Corruption of this file/process means that the drivers would start giving trouble eventually leading to a Blue Screen of Death error. The error descriptions...
  10. BSOD After Windows 10 Upgrade error e22w8x64.sys and L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD After Windows 10 Upgrade error e22w8x64.sys and L1C63x64.sys: Hey guys first time poster but i dont know where else to turn. After the upgrade from 8.1 I started seeing a BSOD with the error e22w8x64.sys but it wasn't that common. Now thought its as soon as I try to install a game, open multiple browser tabs or try to watch a YouTube...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntfs.sys blue screen new hardeare reddit