Windows 10: Fix On-Screen Keyboard not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix On-Screen Keyboard not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On-Screen Keyboard is a built-in feature that allows a user to use their computer even if their Keyboard is not working, it also is a bit more secure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 3, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix On-Screen Keyboard not working in Windows 10

On-Screen Keyboard is a built-in feature that allows a user to use their computer even if their Keyboard is not working, it also is a bit more secure than an actual Keyboard as you are protected from keyloggers. It also helps when in the Tablet Mode. Therefore, if the On-Screen Keyboard stops working, you can […]

This article Fix On-Screen Keyboard not working in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Fix On-Screen Keyboard not working in Windows 10

HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Fix On-Screen Keyboard not working in Windows 10

1. Fix On-Screen Keyboard not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Screen Keyboard

2. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working: HiI uninstalled the keyboard drive by mistake and restarted the pc. I’m not able to login windows 10 since the keyboard and the On screen keyboard both not working. Kindly help.ThanksSeetha...
  3. Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and On screen keyboard not working: HiI uninstalled the keyboard drive by mistake and restarted the pc. I’m not able to login windows 10 since the keyboard and the On screen keyboard both not working. Kindly help.ThanksSeetha...
  4. Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working on password screen on windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working on password screen on windows 10/11: Hello for my PC my keyboard doesn't work on the lock screen but on safe mode it does. I've tried rebooting it power cycling I've done the attempting repairs on safe mode but nothing's works.help?...
  5. Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working on password screen on windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working on password screen on windows 10/11: Hello for my PC my keyboard doesn't work on the lock screen but on safe mode it does. I've tried rebooting it power cycling I've done the attempting repairs on safe mode but nothing's works.help?...
  6. Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working on password screen on windows 10/11

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10, keyboard not working at login screen,: I am using HP laptop with Windows 10. During the startup where I have to log in to get in, the key board was not working. Note only few keys i, -, backspace were working and hence cannot login making the laptop unusable. Tried few repair options in setup by googling but...
  8. Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and on screen keyboard not working: Hi Everyone. Since couple of weeks I have been having trouble with my keyboard however yesterday it stopped working completley. After i restarted my laptop multiple times both keyboard and on screen keyboard do not work. On screen keyboard doesnt even come upBecause of that...
  9. Keyboards not working on windows 10 [FIXED]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboards not working on windows 10 [FIXED]: Recently for the past 2 weeks, I’ve been having trouble with my computer. My new usb keyboard I had gotten for cheap was at first working but disconnecting randomly. I tried installing a driver but it didn’t fix it. A few days later it stopped working entirely, so I switched...
  10. Windows 10 Keyboard, Mouse and Screen not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Keyboard, Mouse and Screen not working: I recently fixed my Gaming PC Akasa Freedom Xone by downloading Windows 10 reinstallation files. Everything worked out just fine. I downloaded a few games on Steam and played them. After that I normally turned off the computer and went to sleep. The next day, I tried turning...