Windows 10: Fix OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; OneDrive is the go-to cloud service for many Windows users. Microsoft has made using this service effortless by adding a small icon in the Taskbar. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 15, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 10

OneDrive is the go-to cloud service for many Windows users. Microsoft has made using this service effortless by adding a small icon in the Taskbar. But recently some many Windows users have reported this issue where the OneDrive icon went missing from their Windows 10 Taskbar. OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar These are the things […]

This article Fix OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 15, 2021

2. Onedrive missing in Taskbar

Hi LRain1,

Whether you are using an online or offline account, OneDrive icon always appears in the notification area or system tray area of the Windows 10 taskbar. You can double-click on the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar to view OneDrive files
    and folders. Right-clicking on it gives access to OneDrive settings and other options.

However, at times, the OneDrive icon might go missing from the taskbar. Usually, if you cannot find it on the taskbar, you should be able to find it by clicking the small up arrow (show hidden icons button) on the taskbar.

If the OneDrive icon is not appearing or missing from the taskbar, you can restore the same by following the directions given here in this article:

https://www.intowindows.com/fix-onedrive-icon-m...

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information that might solve your current issue.

Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if this helped you out.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 15, 2021
  4. LeoSeabra Win User

Onedrive missing from taskbar/ onedrive uninstalling itself

Hi Jonathan!

Welcome to our community.

This is Leocadia, independent community expert, and I am glad to assist you today.

Sorry to hear about this situation.We would like to help you promptly.

First of all, we need to know a few things. Have you uninstalled and/or reinstalled onedrive recently? If so, how did you reinstall OneDrive?

Can you see the OneDrive icon in the left pane of File Explorer? If so, what happens when you try to access it?

To check if OneDrive is still installed on your computer, do these steps:

Click the Windows logo (Start button).

Click System.

Click Apps & features.

Look for Microsoft OneDrive.

If you cannot see OneDrive on the list, we need to download OneDrive again so that we can reinstall it.

Going forward, It's possible for the OneDrive icon to be disabled from appearing as a system tray icon in the first place. To check if that’s the case, you need to dive into the Windows 10 Settings panel briefly.

Step 1: Right-click a vacant area on the taskbar, and then click Taskbar Settings on the context menu.

Step 2: Scroll down to the Notification Area section, and then click Select Which Icons Appear on the Taskbar.

Step 3: If you see the toggle next to Microsoft OneDrive turned off, simply turn it back on.

The OneDrive icon should now be visible on the system tray immediately. If it doesn’t, check among the hidden icons and just drag it out onto the system tray.

If the OneDrive icon isn't hidden, then the issue likely stems from a broken OneDrive cache. Hence, you need to perform a OneDrive reset and see if that fixes the problem.

LeoSeabra, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix OneDrive icon

2. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  3. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  4. Wireless Icon Missing From Taskbar In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Icon Missing From Taskbar In Windows 10: Check if the network or wireless icon is hiddenStep 1: Click the small up arrow icon on the taskbar to view hidden icons.Step 2: If the network or wireless icon is appearing there, simply drag and drop it to the taskbar area.Solution 2 of 5Turn on the Network or wireless icon...
  5. Wireless Icon Missing From Taskbar In Windows 10

Wireless Icon Missing From Taskbar In Windows 10: Check if the network or wireless icon is hiddenStep 1: Click the small up arrow icon on the taskbar to view hidden icons.Step 2: If the network or wireless icon is appearing there, simply drag and drop it to the taskbar area.Solution 2 of 5Turn on the Network or wireless icon...
  6. Wireless Icon Missing From Taskbar In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Onedrive missing from taskbar/ onedrive uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive missing from taskbar/ onedrive uninstalling itself: Hi, I recently had some problems with my onedrive for business not syncing properly, i fixed it by reinstaling office. And then downloading onedrive from the onedrive website. However now whenever i turn on my computer onedrive has disappeared from the task bar, and none of...
  8. Battery Icon Missing from Taskbar - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Icon Missing from Taskbar - Windows 10: The icon displaying battery life percentage, whether my computer is charging, battery plan and power savings mode in the taskbar is missing. It is usually present in the bottom right next to the date but I can't see it anymore and it is not in the icon "^" that displays more...
  9. icons are missing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    icons are missing from the taskbar: Is Start Menu Troubleshooter still available? I've got the problem where icons are missing from the taskbar but otherwise the system seems fine. I've run /sfc scannow but it's unable to fix the corrupted files. I've run DISM and repaired the component score but it's still...
  10. OneDrive headaches--icon missing from taskbar and more

OneDrive headaches--icon missing from taskbar and more: hi. i have had this problem in the past and was advised by microsoft to 'reinstall my OS'--which is what they say any time they don't know offhand what to do. so--from time to time i'll check to make sure the icon is still in notification area. i have had no problems, so i...