Windows 10: Fix Ping Spikes in WiFi or Ethernet on Windows 11/10

Discus and support Fix Ping Spikes in WiFi or Ethernet on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If the internet seems to be slow when playing a game or downloading a file even at high speed, then there can be an issue with the ping. Ping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 18, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Ping Spikes in WiFi or Ethernet on Windows 11/10

Fix Ping Spikes in WiFi or Ethernet on Windows 11/10 Ping-Spike-Windows.png
    If the internet seems to be slow when playing a game or downloading a file even at high speed, then there can be an issue with the ping. Ping Spikes often cause sudden lag and route congestion through which your data travels from your personal computer to the server and back. In this guide, you […]

This article Fix Ping Spikes in WiFi or Ethernet on Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 18, 2021
  2. KianJK Win User

massive ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

Hi i have been getting MASSIVE ping spikes while online gaming and i have tried every fix online i can find. i have tried these links,

How to Fix Wireless Lag Spikes | Techwalla.com

Easy Tweaks to Prevent Windows 10 Lag - Kill Ping

Permanent fix for WIFI Ping Spikes - Microsoft Community

Analyzing network issues which can cause lag (ping spikes ...

Is There Anyway To Stop Ping Spikes??? | Tom's Hardware Forum

Ping spikes on Wi-Fi every 10 seconds. – Solved. | HiTech ...

How to get rid of ping spikes on wireless! … - summonerschool ...
    i have tried all of these and none of them work for me. some have worked temporarily but none permanently. i have checked other computers on my network and they all work fine. i have tried replacing my wifi adapter,
    no luck. I have tried other online games and pinging 1.1.1.1 using command prompt and it shows the spikes there so it isnt game specific. I would really appreciate some help. thanks.

KianJK, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Wifi ping spikes

Hello,

I am experiencing ping spikes on certain wifi connection.

It has started in October, when I was at boarding house in Uni everything on wifi was smooth, but when I moved to homestay at connected to their wifi, I have started experiencing ping spike up to 2000ms every 30 seconds. So I couldn't play online games or
    even streaming movies.

Than when I moved back to uni, ping got to it's normal state around 30-50ms.

When I came back in 2 month, same problem was still appearing, and restarting wifi router didnt help, so I decided to reset a PC and it didnt help at all, but I now have to download 150gb of games again.

I dont know what to do, I tried browsing, but I couldn't find anyone with same problem, please help.

KirillManko, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Kevin AAW Win User

Ping Spikes

Recently, I have discovered that I am receiving ping spikes from 200-1000 every 10 seconds or so when playing games, causing me to rubberband. However, I usually receive around 20ms in between ping spike intervals. I am using an ethernet cable that is connected
    'Wi-fi Booster', which is connected to my router downstairs. I have tried multiple solutions in an attempt to fix this issue such as:

• Checking if my network adapters are outdated
    • Troubleshooting my network adapters
    • Changing my default DNS server to 1.1.1.1 (gives lower ping than 8.8.8.8)
    • Disabling the feature where my PC would usually download updates from other computers
    • Disabling OneDrive sync in Policy Group Editor

This is what it typically looks like, however it gets somewhat worse over time:

Fix Ping Spikes in WiFi or Ethernet on Windows 11/10 201586fb-2889-435d-a165-01c04477c2ac?upload=true.png

PingPlotter results:

Fix Ping Spikes in WiFi or Ethernet on Windows 11/10 4ce5ebe3-f4d6-4df8-8857-ca78f552020c?upload=true.png

Kevin AAW, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Ping Spikes in WiFi or Ethernet on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Fix Ping Spikes

2. How to fix ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix ping spikes: Hello,This is my first ever post so I'm not exactly sure how it works, but hopefully it will turn out good. Anyways, I've been getting massive ping spikes every 2 minutes or so, which is extremely annoying when playing video games. The ping spike lasted for about 3 second in...
  3. Ping Spikes in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes in Windows 11: Good day everyone! I have been getting massive ping spikes every ~5 seconds on my Windows 11 PC, I have tried every possible fix including:Updating Network Drivers, Flushing DNS, Network Reset, Modifying Registry and even installing Windows 11...
  4. Ping Spikes on WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes on WIndows 11: Hello, I had a question about this before, but it was on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ping-spikes-on-windows-10/c6db7718-2298-418d-87ed-8b7edf026e31 and I upgraded to Windows 11 and the problem is back. I tried everything that fixed it on...
  5. Ping Spikes on WIndows 11

Ping Spikes on WIndows 11: Hello, I had a question about this before, but it was on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ping-spikes-on-windows-10/c6db7718-2298-418d-87ed-8b7edf026e31 and I upgraded to Windows 11 and the problem is back. I tried everything that fixed it on...
  6. Windows 11, ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, ping spikes: I have tried many things to fix my ping. From changing my dns to disabling my firewall and using other software. I had also deleted Power Automate which I had gotten the idea from...
  7. Windows 11, ping spikes

Windows 11, ping spikes: I have tried many things to fix my ping. From changing my dns to disabling my firewall and using other software. I had also deleted Power Automate which I had gotten the idea from...
  8. Wifi Ping Spiking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Ping Spiking: hello i tried "wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface=" and it said "no such network exists" and such and such. did device manager look up, copied the name and still gave me the same error. i am doing this because i keep spiking ping when i do ping -t 8.8.8.8 and this...
  9. Wifi ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi ping spikes: Hello, I am experiencing ping spikes on certain wifi connection. It has started in October, when I was at boarding house in Uni everything on wifi was smooth, but when I moved to homestay at connected to their wifi, I have started experiencing ping spike up to 2000ms...
  10. FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIXED PING SPIKES OVER 1000-2000 WIFI: Hi, I have been lurking the website for few days now trying to fix my new gaming laptop problem. The issue was spikes on the ping every 10-15 secs. It would go so high that gaming was unbearable. I tried everything, changed hardware router and modem, reinstall windows (even...