Windows 10: Fix Printer Status is Paused, Cannot Resume error in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Fix Printer Status is Paused, Cannot Resume error in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some Windows users are reporting that when their printer pauses and stops printing. Therefore, in this article, we will be talking about ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 18, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Printer Status is Paused, Cannot Resume error in Windows 11/10

Fix Printer Status is Paused, Cannot Resume error in Windows 11/10 printer-paused.jpg
    Some Windows users are reporting that when their printer pauses and stops printing. Therefore, in this article, we will be talking about ways to fix Printer Status is Paused, Cannot Resume. More often than not, this error is encountered by HP users. However, our solutions will work on any printer that you may have. What causes […]

This article Fix Printer Status is Paused, Cannot Resume error in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.

Hi Snipe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. What is the make and model number of your printer?
    3. When exactly do you face this issue?

I suggest you to first Set The Printer As Default and then refer
    Change the printer's status to "online" and change the default status to
    online.

This way, the printer will be default and the status will be always Online.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 18, 2021
  4. BhoyJS Win User

Upgraded to W10 and printer keeps pausing

After the Windows 10 upgrade my printer won't accept Ready status, but defaults to Pause. It's an older printer but the manufacturer site lists updated drivers built in to W10. Is this a conflict somewhere in the device settings?

BhoyJS, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix Printer Status is Paused, Cannot Resume error in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Fix Printer Status

2. Video Pausing / Resuming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Pausing / Resuming: I am having an issue in my pc that when ever i try to see and video from youtube or any other site its gets in loop of pausing and resuming the video like someone has presses the pausing and resuming button...
  3. Video Pausing / Resuming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Pausing / Resuming: I am having an issue in my pc that when ever i try to see and video from youtube or any other site its gets in loop of pausing and resuming the video like someone has presses the pausing and resuming button...
  4. Video Pausing / Resuming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.": I keep getting the above message in event viewer, with this occurring before it"The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.""The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was...
  6. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D.: The McAfee website suggests that this is likely because BitLocker is enabled. It isn't. I do not have McAfee installed.powercfg /h off, hard rebooting and powercfg /h on made no difference. sfc /scannow, nothing.This worked fine until a recent update. That said, a hibernate...
  7. Printer Error/ Collecting Printer Status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Error/ Collecting Printer Status: Hello! I have been trying to print PDF files from my Microsoft computer, which is running windows 10, to no avail. Whenever I try, I get a message saying that there was a printer error. Other times I get one saying "collecting printer status." I've tried printing through...
  8. Pausing and resuming updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pausing and resuming updates: Hi there! I was wondering if it is possible to start downloading an update, pause it and resume it on the next day. I am very low on data 1.5gb/day which I cannot spend entirely on update. So does anyone know if it is possible to pause and resume updates? Thank you!...
  9. Copy pause and resume

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy pause and resume: Is it possible to start copying a large folder to another drive, pause it, turn computer off and then resume copying where I left off when I turn computer on again. If so, how do I resume it? Thanks....
  10. printer status says error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer status says error: printer status says error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status-says-error/56fdbf11-cc3b-4ab1-98fc-65910caa67d3