Windows 10: Fix Problems that programs cannot be installed

Discus and support Fix Problems that programs cannot be installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Several downloaded programs, from reputable companies paid programs fail to install. One gives a 1628 error message, another does nothing, you click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fpiering, Dec 16, 2020.

1. fpiering Win User

Fix Problems that programs cannot be installed

Several downloaded programs, from reputable companies paid programs fail to install. One gives a 1628 error message, another does nothing, you click the .exe file and it goes off, but nothing shows up. I have tried cleaning all the temp files, as suggested in some repair solutions. At the same time, others that I have downloaded in the last week install perfectly

:)

fpiering, Dec 16, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled for Windows 10

Hello,

Initially, I suggest you to Disable Anti-virus software
    and check.

The issue may also arise due to the security software installed in your system. So, I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus installed on your system and check if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you
    have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the program.

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Right click on the program and click on Uninstall.
    Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Fix Problems that programs cannot be installed

PunkBuster Fixes

Thats the first step *Smile Fix Problems that programs cannot be installed :)

That mean you do not have PB installed or it didn't install correctly. Try step one in the guide. Post back with results.

TheMailMan78, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Fix Problems that programs cannot be installed

1. Fix Problems that programs cannot be installed - Similar Threads - Fix Problems programs

2. Program installation problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program installation problem: I am attempting to install a program on a Windows 10 computer. A message pops up stating the app is blocked. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator. I am the administrator and did not enable any restrictions on...
  3. Problem installing programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem installing programs: Hello, sometimes it happens to me that when trying to install a program, I get this error that prevents me from doing it and I get this error: Could not access network location 9e0a\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\i need help with this, thanks...
  4. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install a program: HiYesterday I installed Tomb raider 2013 on my pcI wanted uninstall the gameI launched the unins000.exe then a error comes it says Runtime error could not call proc xxx.xxThis comes with another game also!Later I deleted the game folder manually and removed the game from...
  5. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot install a program: HiYesterday I installed Tomb raider 2013 on my pcI wanted uninstall the gameI launched the unins000.exe then a error comes it says Runtime error could not call proc xxx.xxThis comes with another game also!Later I deleted the game folder manually and removed the game from...
  6. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot install a program: We recently purchased a new laptop and installed all theprograms that we had on the old one, except one program will not install on thenew lap top. Both laptops run windows 10. The program allows some very basic editing of photos cropping, red eyeremoval, rotate and flip,...
  8. Program installation problem

Program installation problem: I am trying to install a program...after answering "Yes" to the UAC prompt, it writes itself to the ...AppData/Temp folder, but stops. I am struggling with how to troubleshoot and overcome this no error message is displayed. This has happened when I select Open or "Run as...
  9. Cannot install programs

Cannot install programs: Hi, three weeks ago I upgraded Windows 7 to 10 full, fresh install, and now I started having problems with running applications. Today Firefox stopped being able to play sound. I tried to reinstall but I had an error '' 7-zip can not create temp folder archive''. Then...
  10. Cannot install programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot install programs: I cannot install programs using my admin log in. I tech was helping me and created a new local admin account on my pc and that account was able to install the program. What do I need to change on my original admin account to allow me to install? The the teach just ended the...