Windows 10: Fix Ralink RT5390 netr28x.sys BSOD

Discus and support Fix Ralink RT5390 netr28x.sys BSOD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the Ralink RT5390 WiFi card in my HP Pavillion Dv7-6b56nr Running WIndows 10 Home 2004 Build 19041.630. I experience the DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EvenNotOdd, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Fix Ralink RT5390 netr28x.sys BSOD

I have the Ralink RT5390 WiFi card in my HP Pavillion Dv7-6b56nr Running WIndows 10 Home 2004 Build 19041.630. I experience the DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error for the netr28x.sys driver. I am using the latest driver version 5.0.57.1. Here are the BSOD Details DMP, msinfo32, etc: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiFGMu7XxPQEp0CqytH13Tb7CL_G?e=MGhJ6v. How can I fix these BSODs short of replacing my WiFi card?

:)

EvenNotOdd, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Rabimiah Win User

WiFi adaptor not available - unable to download and update new driver

HP G6 Windows 10

Name [00000000] Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Adapter Type Not Available

Product Type Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Installed Yes

PNP Device ID Not Available

Last Reset 13-Mar-16 7:46 PM

Index 0

Service Name netr28x

IP Address Not Available

IP Subnet Not Available

Default IP Gateway Not Available

DHCP Enabled Yes

DHCP Server Not Available

DHCP Lease Expires Not Available

DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available

MAC Address Not Available

Even restored my laptop to an earlier date but still no joy. The WiFi link does not even show up. Tried download Ralink new driver but no joy with that. The wifi driver adaptor is hidden in device manager and I tried to uninstall and reinstall the wifi driver
    but still no joy.

The driver is there but it says "not connected". Even tried to physically remove the connection and reconnect but still did not work.

Any help???

Rabimiah, Nov 25, 2020
  3. RALink Wireless PCI Card

Hey everyone,

So i posted a long time ago in regards to random, inconsistently frequent lock-ups & freezes of my comp. I first found major BSOD problems with the onboard Realtek audio driver on my evga 680i SLI, which I believe I've fixed, but then comp still kept crashing. Received this BSOD today:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    STOP ERROR:
    0x000000D1 (0x18103006, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xB933F540)
    RT61.sys - Address B933F540 base at ...

So I looked it up and just wanted to inform anyone who has a pci wireless adapter that uses RaLink Drivers (mine is Edimax, read about some Dlink cards also), the original drivers, 1.1.0.0, has MAJOR problems, and caused random lock-ups w/o BSOD, infrequent connectivity, lag-spikes, and also BSOD errors like above, and more.

If you have a card that uses Ralink Drivers, make sure you update to their newest drivers: 1.2.3.0. This is absolutely imperative to maintain system stability.

Many on newegg have noticed this problem, and many users on the web have had this problem (the unfortunate thing is when the technologically challenged have the prob & they freak out).

surfsk8snow.jah, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Fix Ralink RT5390 netr28x.sys BSOD

ralink wfii receiver

Hello jahidulislam,

We'll definitely want to check if Windows can see your Ralink Wi-Fi receiver by checking Device Manager. To access Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) the Start button, then select Device Manager from the context menu.

From Device Manager, navigate to the Network adapters option and click on the arrow next to it. This should expand the list and display all of your Network adapters, including the Ralink Wi-Fi receiver if there is no issues with the device. If you do not see
    the Ralink Wi-Fi receiver listed, it is either not installed properly or you may have a defective Ralink Wi-Fi receiver.

I would recommend visiting the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest available software/driver package for your Ralink Wi-Fi receiver.

Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

BravoMan21, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Fix Ralink RT5390 netr28x.sys BSOD

1. Fix Ralink RT5390 netr28x.sys BSOD - Similar Threads - Fix Ralink RT5390

2. BSOD with stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - no Ralink Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - no Ralink Adapter: Hi, recently my computer began bluescreening frequently I think I had two or three just this week. It says that netr28x.sys is what failed, and all the other forums I've seen have had to do with a Ralink adapter. Unfortunately, when I opened the Device Manager I was unable to...
  3. BSOD with stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - no Ralink Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - no Ralink Adapter: Hi, recently my computer began bluescreening frequently I think I had two or three just this week. It says that netr28x.sys is what failed, and all the other forums I've seen have had to do with a Ralink adapter. Unfortunately, when I opened the Device Manager I was unable to...
  4. BSOD with stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - no Ralink Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is there a way to fix a BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error for mrvlpcie8897.sys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to fix a BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error for mrvlpcie8897.sys?: I woke up on the 16th of August, 2021, and started up my computer to find it giving me a BSoD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and identifying the mrvlpcie8897.sys driver as the cause. I restarted in safe mode, uninstalled the driver, and the computer started fine....
  6. Fix dxgmms2.sys BSOD error on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Fix dxgmms2.sys BSOD error on Windows computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The dxgmms2.sys file is a Windows system driver file that is associated with the Graphics Rendering capabilities of a computer. This file is known to cause a Blue Screen error. But the main reasons include conflicts like RAM or Hard [...] This post Fix...
  7. Fix wdf01000.sys BSOD on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix wdf01000.sys BSOD on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Wdf01000.sys is a file associated with Windows Driver Framework which in turn handles the system drivers. Corruption of this file/process means that the drivers would start giving trouble eventually leading to a Blue Screen of Death error. The error descriptions...
  8. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...