Windows 10: Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you have encountered the RESULT_CODE_HUNG error while surfing the web on Microsoft Edge, then this post is intended to help you with quick solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 8, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge

If you have encountered the RESULT_CODE_HUNG error while surfing the web on Microsoft Edge, then this post is intended to help you with quick solutions to the issue. Bear in mind that some other Chromium-based browsers (e.g., Chrome, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi) users have also reported the same issue. In any case, this post offers solutions for all affected browsers.

Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge Result_Code_Hung-.jpg

RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge

If you’re faced with this issue, you can try our recommended solutions below in no particular order and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

1. Update browser
    2. Reload the web page
    3. Use another browser
    4. Check Internet Connection
    5. Change DNS Service Provider on browser
    6. Clear browser cache and cookies
    7. Open the Page in Private Mode
    8. Check browser extensions
    9. Reset browser

Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.

1] Update browser

This solution requires you to check and update your browser to the latest version. If the error persists, try the next solution.

2] Reload the web page

Sometimes, the simple process of reloading the web page that you are trying to open fixes the problem. If not, try the next solution.

3] Use another browser

Depending on the browser you’re currently using, you can try accessing the page in another browser and see if the error occurs.

4] Check Internet Connection

You may encounter this error due to internet connection problems. So ensure you are properly connected to the internet. Try opening other pages or perform other tasks that require an active internet connection in order to check. If your internet is working fine, but the error persists, try the next solution.

5] Change DNS Service Provider on browser

This solution requires you to change the ISP-provided DNS address to Google’s or Cloudflare’s DNS on your browser.

6] Clear browser cache and cookies

The browser in use might have information stored that’s stopping the page from loading. Perhaps an expired cookie script or some old cache copy of the page. In this case, you can clear the browser cache and cookies and see if that helps.

7] Open the Page in Private Mode

In some cases, if a page doesn’t load in normal mode, opening the same page in Private mode usually works. If the page opens there, you should clear your cache data in order to get it fixed in normal mode as well.

8] Check browser extensions

It’s possible you’re encountering this error due to a corrupted extension in your browser that is not allowing the page to open. You can try disabling the extensions one by one, by toggling them off (then reload the page) until you identify the culprit.

9] Reset browser

If nothing worked to this point, you can try resetting your browser settings to default – Microsoft Edge | Mozilla Firefox | Google Chrome.

Hope this helps!

Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge Result_Code_Hung-.jpg
    This article Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 8, 2021
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge

1. Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error on Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Fix RESULT_CODE_HUNG error

2. microsoft edge errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft edge errors: I get this error message when trying to launch edge or download a new version. I get the same with chrome. Microsoft defender shows everything is okay Please help. We use firefox but would like to have access to another browser and of course have some concerns we really do...
  3. Microsoft Edge error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge error: Hi guys,Today i upgraded windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro, but after i use Microsoft Edge browser on windows 11.I see content is being overwritten.Windows 10 latest version too. How i can fix it?Please help me, thanks you very much....
  4. Microsoft Edge error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge error: Hi guys,Today i upgraded windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro, but after i use Microsoft Edge browser on windows 11.I see content is being overwritten.Windows 10 latest version too. How i can fix it?Please help me, thanks you very much....
  5. Fix INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE error in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE error in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: [ATTACH]For those who use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer regularly, some of you may one day come across the INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE error. This tends to happen when users try to visit certain web pages, but at times, it will happen to every page, including those from big...
  6. Fix Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix Microsoft edge: I need help with Microsoft edge. I cannot modify or uninstall and cannot open the app. I am getting an error message Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe'...
  7. Fix This page is having a problem error in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Fix This page is having a problem error in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Some users of Windows 10 and the Microsoft Edge web browser are unfortunately having a problem that shows the error, “This page is having a […] This article Fix This page is having a problem error in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Microsoft edge error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft edge error: Received a stop code error report on Microsoft edge. It said to call Microsoft support at 866 649 7092...is this a legit number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-error/83518e77-3bdd-437d-9e61-de3a592aefee
  9. Fix Microsoft Edge installation & update errors

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft Edge installation & update errors: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Installing the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is usually straightforward, but just like other software, it can run into an error. In this post, we are looking at Microsoft Edge installation & update errors and how to fix them. Microsoft [...] This post...
  10. Fix We can’t reach this page error in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Fix We can’t reach this page error in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] If you are not able to use the internet with your Microsoft Edge browser, even when you are connected to the Internet and you see a message – Hmm, we can’t reach this page, follow this article for some suggestions [...] This post Fix We can’t reach this page error...