Windows 10: FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut!

Discus and support FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This started last week and was driving me nuts. I finally found the solution this morning. It turned out to be a registry setting that I had to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lance1, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Lance1 Win User

FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut!

This started last week and was driving me nuts. I finally found the solution this morning. It turned out to be a registry setting that I had to remove two entries. Open Regedit, Back Up The Registry First Go to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\ShellNew" Delete the two values "Handler" and "NullFile" Close Regedit. Right-Click the desktop "New Folder" I thought I would make this post so if anyone ells had this issue they would be able to fix it. I made this video for a visual. Have a Safe and Good Day All!

:)

Lance1, Jan 21, 2021

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 21, 2021
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 21, 2021
  4. FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut!

Hotmail desktop shortcut

Hi Paccomail,

In order for you to make a desktop shortcut to your Hotmail account you may follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty space on your desktop, select New.
    2. Select Shortcut.
    3. Type the web address in the empty field provided.
    4. After creating a new shortcut, a window will appear asking you for the location of the shortcut, type in
      www.hotmail.com.
    5. Name the shortcut you just created, name this anything you like (ex. Hotmail or Hotmail Login.)
    6. Click Finish.
    7. Double-click on the shortcut to check if it is working.

Kindly reply to this thread in order for us to help you.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut!

1. FIX Right-Click Desktop "New Folder" Brings Up Shortcut! - Similar Threads - FIX Right Click

2. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  3. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  4. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...: I've got 21H2 Windows Pro version. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximize/Close menu. I would like to have here a past option as usually. Please tell me what to do with it. There is no updates available for me....
  6. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...: I've got 21H2 Windows Pro version. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the Restore/Move/Size/Minimize/Maximize/Close menu. I would like to have here a past option as usually. Please tell me what to do with it. There is no updates available for me....
  7. When I right click in the search box in folder it brings up the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. On the desktop the right click new folder option is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    On the desktop the right click new folder option is missing: I can no longer create a new folder on widows 10. I right click and other options are available but not new folder. Also, i noticed that when I right click the desktop the menu that pops up is titled AMG Radeon Settings!.......When I look up various solutions on line.....that...
  9. Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.: I am using a Beelink BT3-Pro, 4GB Ram, 64GB Rom. Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.195 As the title says, I am unable to get a new folder on my desktop. Nothing happens. Suggestions ? Thank you. 124712
  10. No shortcut option on right click desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No shortcut option on right click desktop: Please can anyone help. I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10. When right clicking the desktop I only get the option under the "New" menu to crate a folder, no shortcut. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks 15032