Windows 10: fix right click dropdown concept memu in windows 10 microsoft help

Discus and support fix right click dropdown concept memu in windows 10 microsoft help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; fix right click dropdown concept memu in windows 10 microsoft help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by larklark, Mar 14, 2019.

1. larklark Win User

fix right click dropdown concept memu in windows 10 microsoft help

fix right click dropdown concept memu in windows 10
    microsoft help

:)

larklark, Mar 14, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

fix right click dropdown concept memu in windows 10 microsoft help [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Mar 14, 2019
  4. fix right click dropdown concept memu in windows 10 microsoft help

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

For those that don't have the tray notification.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

• Open Notepad
    • Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
    REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready

if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

• Click File, and then Save As
    • In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd

• Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)

• Select the folder you would like to save the file to.For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder.Then click Save.

• Open an elevated command prompt.(From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.)

• Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6.In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:

C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd
    The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.

If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:

For Windows 7 SP1:

KB3035583

KB2952664

For Windows 8.1 Update:

KB3035583

KB2976978

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

fix right click dropdown concept memu in windows 10 microsoft help

1. fix right click dropdown concept memu in windows 10 microsoft help - Similar Threads - fix right click

2. How to fix right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix right click: Hi, every time I right click on a app on my desktop it just loads and loads and loads. I can't do anything on home screen after that. Only stops loading if I restart my computer. I tried a trouble shooting option that just makes my computer blue screen now. Help please...
  3. How to fix right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix right click: Hi, every time I right click on a app on my desktop it just loads and loads and loads. I can't do anything on home screen after that. Only stops loading if I restart my computer. I tried a trouble shooting option that just makes my computer blue screen now. Help please...
  4. MEMU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MEMU: What is memu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memu/1afca9a1-48f9-4eb7-993d-82f1e5144c39
  5. MEMU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MEMU: What is memu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memu/1afca9a1-48f9-4eb7-993d-82f1e5144c39
  6. MEMU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 Design Concept.......come on Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Design Concept.......come on Microsoft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLib5QX9qMw&t=15s This video is a concept created for the purposes of visualising how Windows 10 could be changed in a future update.This is NOT an actual software.I am not affiliated with Microsoft.Microsoft confirms there will be no...
  8. Fix Right Click Keeps Loading forever in Windows 10

Fix Right Click Keeps Loading forever in Windows 10: I'm having an issue after my windows 10 update. The mouse cursor loads for too long whenever I right click the mouse on desktop or on any folder. I've also seen some fix by doing some changes in the Registry by deleting all folders except New and WorkFolder files . The...
  9. Windows 10 Freezing Taskbar, Right-Clicking A Window Fixes It.

Windows 10 Freezing Taskbar, Right-Clicking A Window Fixes It.: As title says, Windows 10 is randomly freezing. This affects the taskbar, and some programs such as Chrome. Simply right-clicking on an open program seems to fix the issue, but even CTRL-ALT-DEL does nothing. Obviously this is unintended, and i have found a temporary...
  10. Right click on desktop not working. WINDOWS 10. PLEASE HELP.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click on desktop not working. WINDOWS 10. PLEASE HELP.: I know this has been asked a ton of times here and on other websites, but I haven't found a solution yet. WINDOWS 10 WHENEVER I right click on desktop the cursor keeps loading forever (blue loading circle). These are the things that I have tried, but still didn't solve...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 desktop memu not working