Windows 10: Fix: SharePoint error Cannot generate SSPI context for SQL Server

Discus and support Fix: SharePoint error Cannot generate SSPI context for SQL Server in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; When having a SharePoint setup you might get the following error in your event viewer. Event ID 5586 – Unknown SQL Exception 0 occurred. Additional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Noel New Member

Fix: SharePoint error Cannot generate SSPI context for SQL Server

When having a SharePoint setup you might get the following error in your event viewer.

Event ID 5586 – Unknown SQL Exception 0 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. The target principal name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context.

The main culprit could be the lack of an SPN record. To do this, log into your SQL server as a domain administrator. Launch a command prompt as Administrator and type the following.

setspn -L Domain\UserName

Note: Replace Domain\UserName with the SharePoint user you are using for the services. If you are getting the ‘Cannot generate SSPI context’ you should not see an entry for the SQL server in the command we just executed i.e. you SharePoint farm service user. Run the command below to add the SPN record for the SQL server

setspn -A MSSQLSvc/SQLServerName.Domain.com:1433 Domain\UserName

Note: Replace SQLServerName.Domain.com with the full FQDN name of your SQL Server. If you are using SQL AlwaysOn Availability or cluster, please enter the full FQDN of the SQL listener. Also change the Domain\Username with the SharePoint service user.

Once executed, run the first command we executed and make sure that you have the SQL SPN record for the username.

Fix: SharePoint error Cannot generate SSPI context for SQL Server eventid5586.png

This should fix the Event ID 5586

(4478)

read more...

Noel, Oct 6, 2021
  2. mobile1 Win User

SQL Server error question

My notebook PC gets a SQL Server error:

Fix: SharePoint error Cannot generate SSPI context for SQL Server [​IMG]

But there is no C:\ProgramData folder.

How can I fix this?

Thank you for your help.

mobile1, Oct 6, 2021
  3. mobile1 Win User
    SQL Server error?

How can I make this SQL Server error go away?

mobile1, Oct 6, 2021
  4. mobile1 Win User

SQL Server error question

My notebook PC shows this SQL Server error.

But it does not even have SQL Server installed.

How can I prevent this from appearing?

mobile1, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix: SharePoint error Cannot generate SSPI context for SQL Server - Similar Threads - Fix SharePoint error

2. Transferring of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 license...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 license...: Are the license key of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 transferable/reusable on a new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-of-windows-server-2012-sql-server/db4c414d-199c-4b7a-a676-6657bc226fca
  3. Transferring of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 license...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 license...: Are the license key of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 transferable/reusable on a new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-of-windows-server-2012-sql-server/db4c414d-199c-4b7a-a676-6657bc226fca
  4. Transferring of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 license...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. SQL server installation error

SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  6. SQL server installation error

in Windows 10 Customization
    SQL server installation error: Dear team,I Would like to inform to this mail when i am installing SQL server in Windows server 2012R2 Operating system i am getting error.and find out the attached Images kindly do the need full ASAP.Best regards,IT....
  7. Activation context generation failed error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Activation context generation failed error: Activation context generation failed for "C:\Users\dutna\Downloads\Install VALORANT.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Users\dutna\Downloads\Install VALORANT.exe" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax. i have followed every online help thread i can find to do with this so...
  8. Fix: SharePoint error Cannot generate SSPI context for SQL Server

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix: SharePoint error Cannot generate SSPI context for SQL Server: When having a SharePoint setup you might get the following error in your event viewer. Event ID 5586 – Unknown SQL Exception 0 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. The target principal name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context. The...
  9. sql server install error

sql server install error: I get the error message of "Version string portion was too short or too long." I've uninstalled all previous versions of SQL and removed any references to .net framework. Windows10-64bit, I5-3GHZ, 16GB ram How do I get past this install error?...
  10. SQL Server error?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SQL Server error?: How can I make this SQL Server error go away? [img] 65169

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. event id 5586 sharepoint 2016 target principal name