Windows 10: fix shift key reaction

Discus and support fix shift key reaction in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have this habit of creating a small letter when I want to create a capital one. The shift key apparently does not like my speed or timing in pressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leon2021#, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Leon2021# Win User

fix shift key reaction

I have this habit of creating a small letter when I want to create a capital one. The shift key apparently does not like my speed or timing in pressing down or letting go of it. What' the best way to fix this? I assume in the conrol panel/keyboard or other windows 10 programming. Thanks.

:)

Leon2021#, Feb 26, 2021
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Feb 26, 2021
  3. KatJB Win User
    shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Feb 26, 2021
  4. fix shift key reaction

Shift keys not behave as expected in windows 10 | HP elitebook

My shift keys are not behaving as expected. Please find following concerns.

• When press right shift key then prints q character.
    • When press left shift key then prints z character
    • When i need to print A it prints as qA
    I didn't change any settings or configurations.

Can anyone suggest to solve this issue. I'm helpless right now.

Isuru Udesh Hettiarachchi, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

fix shift key reaction

1. fix shift key reaction - Similar Threads - fix shift key

2. Reaction to comments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reaction to comments: I have noticed the option to "like" "love" "thinking" "angry" "sad" has gone and and you just now get the "like of unlike" It has happened various times, i haven't changed my settings and it just randomly comes back, But it is now becoming an annoyance more that anything...
  3. Reaction to comments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reaction to comments: I have noticed the option to "like" "love" "thinking" "angry" "sad" has gone and and you just now get the "like of unlike" It has happened various times, i haven't changed my settings and it just randomly comes back, But it is now becoming an annoyance more that anything...
  4. shift key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shift key: hello everyone another problem so i was typing and cant use the shift key i have to long press it for it to work and the days go by when i press it doesnt hold it so i thought the actual key was broken so i tried the right one but still the same problem all the other keys...
  5. No reaction on the home screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No reaction on the home screen?: I can't get past the home screen. When I start my computer, I can go to Bios and everything works there, but when I reach the start screen (where you can see the time in the lower left corner) nothing happens. No mouse pointer no nothing. No reaction to a keystroke. Keine...
  6. shift key

shift key: For some reason, my shift key activates the window logo shortcuts. Then when I turn it off using win+alt, I'm unable to type. And when I'm playing a game and press shift, esc takes me to another tab. So far every solution I've found has not worked. I dont know why shift is...
  7. fix shift key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fix shift key: Hello Everyone, Please I really in need of help regards my shift key which suddenly stopped working after windows update. Then, another update was applied and started working again, but the next day, I observed it stopped working after another update. I have installed...
  8. Fix: Shift Key not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix: Shift Key not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many people and most power users tend to use the keyboard shortcuts to carry out operations on a computer. For instance, using CTRL+Shift+ESC brings up the Task Manager. Thus, the Shift Key plays a really important role in operating a [...] This post Fix:...
  9. Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX]: How the problem looks like? You try to turn using arrows while driving, and the key is registered with delay. The same for accelerate key bound to some letter. Or you try to move, but you can't, or it is difficult. Key registering is not constant, and instant. When the...
  10. Shift key

Shift key: Hi folks> right now my keybord is printing all capitals unless I depress the shift key> I know there is a way to switch it back, but I don't know where to find it. 104384