Windows 10: Fix Sims 4 not launching or opening on Windows PC

Discus and support Fix Sims 4 not launching or opening on Windows PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are unable to open or launch The Sims 4 on your Windows 11/10 PC then this post is sure to help you resolve the issue. The Sims 4 is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 2, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Sims 4 not launching or opening on Windows PC

Fix Sims 4 not launching or opening on Windows PC Sims-4-not-launching-or-opening.png
    If you are unable to open or launch The Sims 4 on your Windows 11/10 PC then this post is sure to help you resolve the issue. The Sims 4 is a popular social simulation game. However, many users have reported being unable to launch the game. Whenever they try launching Sims 4, there is […]

This article Fix Sims 4 not launching or opening on Windows PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jan 2, 2022
  2. Mala_S Win User

Sims 4 deleting custom content

Hello KayleeAdams,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. Which version of Windows is installed on your machine?
    2. Are you accessing the game on Xbox device or Windows PC?

I would suggest you to enable custom content option and see if that works. To do that,

• Go to Game options > Other >
      Enable Custom Content and Mods.
    • If it isn’t ticked, place a tick mark and
      exit the game.
    • Later, get back to your game and see if your custom context is present.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact The Sims 4 Official Support from the following link:

https://help.ea.com/en/the-sims/the-sims-4/

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 2, 2022
  3. Unable to play Sims 4 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community

As per the description, I understand that you are facing an error "The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)" while launching SIMS 4 in your computer. It seems like the issue is related with the inconsistency in the system files or
    driver update. I will certainly help you with your issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you install SIMS 4?
    • Have you installed any updates before/after installing the game?
    • What are the system requirements for the game?
    • Have you update your Graphic Drivers?
    Refer the following steps to update graphic driver.

• Click on start button and go to control panel on the right column.
    • Change the view by (from windows explorer) to
      large icons or small icons.
    • Double Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adaptor, double click on the available entry.
    • Click the tab Driver, click Update Driver.
    Note: I also suggest you to update the display card driver from the computer manufacturer website as well.

Please confirm with the SIMS 4 support if they have released any patches for this game.

I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check you are able to play game.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot

Refer to the link to perform clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

If issue persists please have this game reinstall and check again.

Following are the steps to remove SIMS 4 from Program and Features:

• Press Windows + R, type control panel and then click on
      ok.
    • Double click on Programs and Features.
    • Uninstall all the SIMS 4 related software.
    • Reinstall the application.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 2, 2022
  4. Fix Sims 4 not launching or opening on Windows PC

CANNOT LAUNCH FLIGHT SIM X

Hi Dewald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Flight Sim X is not running after the first startup closed. We will help you.

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    I suggest you to update graphics drivers
    and check if the same issue persists.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the graphics driver
      and select Update driver software.
    • Restart the System and check opening the application again.
    If the above steps do not work, then I suggest you to contact the manufacturer of the game. They would assist you better with the issue.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

Fix Sims 4 not launching or opening on Windows PC

1. Fix Sims 4 not launching or opening on Windows PC - Similar Threads - Fix Sims launching

2. I tried to launch my sims 4 game but it wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to launch my sims 4 game but it wont open: I am not sure why my Sims 4 game is not launching, I thought by deleting the EA app would help but it didn't it just caused more problems with redownloading it. But I have the app again and my laptop keeps freezing randomly so I'm not sure what's wrong. I don't know if I...
  3. I tried to launch my sims 4 game but it wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to launch my sims 4 game but it wont open: I am not sure why my Sims 4 game is not launching, I thought by deleting the EA app would help but it didn't it just caused more problems with redownloading it. But I have the app again and my laptop keeps freezing randomly so I'm not sure what's wrong. I don't know if I...
  4. sim city 4 stops launching at intro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sim city 4 stops launching at intro: xxxxxxxxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sim-city-4-stops-launching-at-intro/0d7bb079-c929-4a9a-992f-732623bc4464
  5. sim city 4 stops launching at intro

sim city 4 stops launching at intro: xxxxxxxxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sim-city-4-stops-launching-at-intro/0d7bb079-c929-4a9a-992f-732623bc4464
  6. Sims 4

Sims 4: Hello!I would like to download the Sims 4 on my laptop. However, I have Windows S Mode enabled and don't want to turn it off. The app can't be found in the Microsoft Store and I wanted to ask if there was any way to download the Sims 4 anyway.I hope there is a solution to...
  7. sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sims 4: I have an external hard drive when i move everything into my external drive and open up sims it makes a whole new folder in my documents, can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sims-4/c7c723df-5f3b-4d64-99cd-e8acb5d290b1
  8. Sims 4

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sims 4: I brought sims 4 as a download from the Microsoft store a while ago. My laptop had to be reset and now I can't find it on the store at all. Is it still available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sims-4/b2065ebe-18f8-41f8-8c4b-2ebb0fd1d1a9
  9. sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sims 4: I just recently got the HP 14 stream and was hoping to download the Sims 4 onto the computer. I understand I would need to purchase/download via the Microsoft store, however the game is not available. I also was looking for a first hand downloader through the store and I can...
  10. sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sims 4: I cant get sims 4 to play on my new hp laptop. it says the game is not compatible for this computer. I bought this laptop specifically to play sims 4, and because it met all of the minimum requirements to play the game. please help...