Windows 10: FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop

Discus and support FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This may apply to only older laptops upgraded from Windows 7. Mine problem laptop is a Lenovo T420s running Windows 10/64. I have three of these almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JimRollins1, Jan 14, 2020.

1. FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop

This may apply to only older laptops upgraded from Windows 7. Mine problem laptop is a Lenovo T420s running Windows 10/64. I have three of these almost identically the same. great situation for troubleshooting!

After trying almost everything on the forums including checking almost all my drivers, I finally noticed the laptop with the problem was running Win 10/64 v1909. The other 2 laptops without the problem I had fortunately set up to delay the features update for 365 days, and were thus running v 1803.

FIX: Simply reversed the last feature update, ie., 1909, and quickly set the update software to delay feature updated for the maximum of 365 days. Feature update 1803 runs fine.

Hopefully Microsoft can find the specific problem before my 365 day delay expires.

:)

JimRollins1, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Munki Win User

laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Jan 14, 2020
  4. kobib Win User

FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up.

FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop [​IMG]

I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums.
    1. All the drivers updated
    2. Turn of all wake timers and allow device to wake up the computer from mouse, keyboard, Realtek PCIe Controller, Wireless AC.
    3. Turn "wake computer" from UpdateOrchestrator in Task Scheduler
    4. Run all the troubleshooters from windows
    5. Reinstalled Windows latest build
    6. Tried on older Windows build

Has anyone can suggest anything else ?
    It drives me crazy , its suddenly happened and now a can't find any solution

kobib, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop

1. FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop - Similar Threads - FIX Sleep turns

2. Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping: I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver...
  3. Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping: I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver...
  4. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  5. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  6. My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping

My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping: I have windows 11 and my problem is that my laptop turns off/hibernates while sleeping. I can't tell if it's hibernating or turned off. There is no "hibernate after" option in my advanced power options menu. What can I do to fix this?...
  7. Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep: Hey everyone recently my Acer Laptop has been shutting down after I allow it to sleep for too long. As in if close the lid of my laptop, it goes to sleep like usual. But if I don't wake or use it for like 30 minutes it just turns off rather than stay in sleep. Two changes I...
  8. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop: Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I...
  9. Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep or worse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep or worse: Hello. Ever since one of the more recent windows updates my laptop (Lenovo) does not go to sleep when I close the lid or leave for a few minutes. It is set to 'sleep' in Settings (30 mins on battery and 60 minutes when plugged in) but if I leave for just a few minutes it...
  10. Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps: Whenever I put my Acer Spin 7 to sleep and then wake it up again, my touchpad is turned off and I have to go into the touchpad settings and turn it on again. I tried uninstalling the Synaptics drivers and reinstalling, but no dice. The problem definitely has something to do...