Windows 10: Fix slow Internet speed on Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Fix slow Internet speed on Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Internet speeds are increasing all over the world. But it is quite possible that your Windows PC may be facing the problem of slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 29, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix slow Internet speed on Windows 10 computer

Fix slow Internet speed on Windows 10 computer Fix-Internet-speeds-low-on-a-computer-on-Windows-10-100x100.png
    Fix slow Internet speed on Windows 10 computer Fix-Internet-speeds-low-on-a-computer-on-Windows-10-150x83.png Internet speeds are increasing all over the world. But it is quite possible that your Windows PC may be facing the problem of slow Internet speed. If you face this issue, then it could occur due to misconfiguration in the [...]

This post Fix slow Internet speed on Windows 10 computer is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 1809

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Close the Peer to Peer Update Process on Your PC to Fix Slow Internet after Windows 10 Update

Shut down the peer to peer update process on your PC. That is to say, you need to close the channel which you can download applications and system updates from other PC’s connected to the server since it limits your internet bandwidth seeding to other users.

Step 1. Click Start menu and then type Settings to open it.

Step 2. Select “Update and Security“.

Step 3. Click the “Advanced Options” tab.

Step 4. Click the option “Choose How Updates are Delivered".

Step 5. Turn off the On button.

2. Adjust the Internet Bandwidth Settings

Since windows 10, by default, reserves 20% of the internet bandwidth for the system applications and its operating system, you can’t browse or surf on the internet with 100% internet connection. This solution speeds up the dropping internet speed by trimming
    down the bandwidth which is reserved for Windows 10 and system applications. Follow the step-by-step guide to tackle slow internet after Windows 10 Update.

Step 1. Press Windows shortcut keys Win + R to open Run dialog box.

Step 2. Type gpedit.msc and then hit OK.

Step 3. Give permissions. A pop-up window will open with title of Group Policy.

Step 4. Click on Computer Configuration on the right side of the window.

Step 5. Navigate to: Administrative Templates -> Network – > Qos Packet Scheduler – > Limit reservable bandwidth.

Step 6. Click on Enable.

Step 7. Change the Value from 20 to 0.

Step 8. Apply and then click OK.

3. Disable Window Auto-Tuning

Window Auto-Tuning which is enabled by default improves performance for programs by receiving TCP data over a network. Slower internet speed after Windows 10 Update could hit your computer when Window Auto-Tuning feature is “ON”. While luckily, you can disable
    Windows Auto-Tuning level to improve the internet speed for the Windows 10 update. Use administrator privileges to process the following steps.

Step 1. Press Win + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).

Step 2. Type the command netsh interface tcp show global in the window.

Step 3. Check for Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level and if it is normal, you will need to disable it.

Step 4. Type the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled to disable it.

You can perform an internet speed test to see whether those adjustments improve your internet speed or not. If not, you can re-enable the Window Auto-Tuning level by typing the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal in the Command Prompt (Admin).

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-slo...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Fix slow Internet speed on Windows 10 computer

Internet speeds extremely slow

How do I fix slow internet speeds on a laptop running windows 10, other computers running windows 8 are fine?

Deanea (live.com, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Fix slow Internet speed on Windows 10 computer

1. Fix slow Internet speed on Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Fix slow Internet

2. Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10: Hello there,I have purchased Lenovo V15 ADA but somedays ago for some reasons my harddisk was damaged and I have to replace it with nvme ssd but the problem comes there, berofe my laptop was damaged my internet speed was working properly at full speed, I have a broadband...
  3. Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10: Hello there,I have purchased Lenovo V15 ADA but somedays ago for some reasons my harddisk was damaged and I have to replace it with nvme ssd but the problem comes there, berofe my laptop was damaged my internet speed was working properly at full speed, I have a broadband...
  4. Slow Internet Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow Internet Speed

Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  6. Slow internet speed on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow internet speed on computer: Internet speed on my computer is slower than 2 mbps while on all other devices it is 30mbps plus - how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-speed-on-computer/7de02cba-a201-4cc0-a453-8e013eff9e91
  7. Slow internet speed on only on computer

Slow internet speed on only on computer: I have Spectrum 200mbps internet here in my office. We have 3 wired Dell desktops with Windows 10 and a wireless Night Hawk router. 2 of my wired desktops are at 225mbps and one is under 10mbps. Even my wireless cellphone is coming in at around 225mbps How can I speed up my...
  8. slowed internet speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slowed internet speed: [ATTACH] ILitt(Customer)asked a question. Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:54 AM I have a 300MB internet connection. It ran fine for several months and then the speed dropped to 89MB. I have had a tech service guy here and Spectrum. Both tell me my router and modem are...
  9. Slow speed of internet

Slow speed of internet: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-speed-of-internet/e2ad41f0-f2f1-4bc8-b564-75963e4c272a
  10. Slow internet speeds on Windows 10 computer

Slow internet speeds on Windows 10 computer: Hello. I recently installed Windows 10 on one of my computers, initially I had no issues but (2 days later) I've had a significant drop in speed, sitting at around 250kB/ps. Other computers on the same network, one running Windows 8 and the other Windows 7 are both maxing...