Windows 10: Fix Slow loading Downloads folder in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Slow loading Downloads folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Do you face this issue where Downloads or any other library folder opens slow as compared to other folders? This is a common problem and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 18, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Slow loading Downloads folder in Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 18, 2018

2. Very slow to load Downloads folder in Windows 10

The steps outlined at How to Fix a Slow-Opening Windows Downloads Folder helped me.

1. Open File Explorer. You can get there by hitting Windows Key + E or clicking on the explorer icon in your taskbar.

2. Right click on the Downloads shortcut in the
    window pane and select Properties.

3. Navigate to the Customize tab.

4. Select "General items" from the "Optimize this folder for:" list.

5. Click Ok.​

MarineGeek23, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2018
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Fix Slow loading Downloads folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Slow loading

2. Extremely slow to load of Downloads folder in Windows 10 containing large files - explorer...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow to load of Downloads folder in Windows 10 containing large files - explorer...: It is a very common issue apparently - I have found out the cause for my case, but was not able to come out with a solution. It is quite annoying. please do not bother with posting "set to General Items" solution - it does not work in this case, I have already set up the...
  3. Extremely slow to load of Downloads folder in Windows 10 containing large files - explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow to load of Downloads folder in Windows 10 containing large files - explorer...: It is a very common issue apparently - I have found out the cause for my case, but was not able to come out with a solution. It is quite annoying. please do not bother with posting "set to General Items" solution - it does not work in this case, I have already set up the...
  4. Extremely slow to load of Downloads folder in Windows 10 containing large files - explorer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow folder load time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow folder load time: Is there any way to speed up folder load times? I have more than 250 items in the folder and they takes a while to arrange themselves (by date). Anyway to speed this up? G4560, 8GB 166128
  6. Windows Folders loading very slow

Windows Folders loading very slow: Hi, My PC is very slow when loading folders. This is particularly noticeable with picture folders. I mean it can take 5 minutes and the green status slider is still going to load the pictures. I have sent hours and hours online trying to find an answer. I've tried...
  7. Download folder slow to load (already set to "General Items")

Download folder slow to load (already set to "General Items"): Hi, Does anyone know how to fix slow loading time for the Download folder in Explorer in Windows 10? I have followed the standard advice to change the settings so it's not loading thumbnails, but it's still slow. I could move all the files of course but it seems like a bit...
  8. Slow loading folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow loading folders: I started experiencing slow folder loading, up to 10+ seconds, some time ago, perhaps a month or two. Maybe after a windows update. I can't remember for sure, but no system changes were made around that time except for those made by WU. A good example where there is no good...
  9. Download to fixed folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Download to fixed folder: My files are basically in a mess because I haven't got a fixed folder for all downloads. I'm not sure what logic 10 uses for saving files. But I seem to have downloaded files all over my disk. It's going to take a month of sundays to clean it all up. Can we define a fixed...
  10. Contents of folders loading slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folders loading slow: Ever since I did a Factory Image Restore, the contents of folders load slow or not at all. What can I do to resolve this? 106640