Windows 10: Fix Startbar Icon

Discus and support Fix Startbar Icon in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Does anyone know how I can fix icon pictures on the Start bar? I tried deleting icon cache database (IconCache.db) in my appdata local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/icepick314, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Fix Startbar Icon

/u/icepick314, Jun 4, 2020

2. Startbar doesn't work upon wake

Upon waking my pc from sleep, the startbar stops working. Nothing happens when I click the windows icon in the bottom left(on startbar). I am forced to restart my pc.

If the startbar is working upon wake, sometimes I cannot connect to wifi. Although it is set to 'connect automatically', every time that I need to connect, I have to do it manually. To connect manually, I have to click the up arrow on the start bar to show
    hidden icons. When I click on the wifi connection icon, nothing happens. I'm able to open other programs in this task tray, but clicking on the wifi icon does nothing.

I'm asking for help, because I think it's ridiculous to have to restart my computer every time my startbar stops working or I can't open my wifi connections.

SirChristopherJosephMarcelainIII, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Icons, when will it be fixed.

Hello,

What does it show when you try to change the folder icon?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

1) Right click on folder and select properties.

2) Now go to customize tab and click on change icon and check if you are able to.

Sfc /scannow will inspect all of the important Windows files on your computer, including Windows DLL files. If System File Checker finds an issue with any of these protected files, it will replace it.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).

• At the Command Prompt, type:
      sfc/scannow

Hope it helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Fix Startbar Icon

Startbar searches unclickable.

Startbar searches show results and can be accessed via arrow keys and activated using Enter. These items are un-clickable and keyboard navigation no longer works once a click is initiated.

I have tried disabling"active" Cortana (and the service) and any combo of that and re-indexing. I have also done the DISM health commands. Nothing changes with any of these fixes. I got it the day of the creators install (After of course,) and figured I would live with it. But now I have a user with it and have done all the above fixes on both machines with no luck.

Arbetrayer, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Fix Startbar Icon

1. Fix Startbar Icon - Similar Threads - Fix Startbar Icon

2. Desktop icon position fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon position fix: Hello to everyone,I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.My desktop icons often get messed up when I'm operating on my computer.For example, when I copy and paste a file on the desktop, the new file is added to the top left corner. Sometimes I get confused in finding my new...
  3. How to fix it?? the icons are not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix it?? the icons are not working: [ATTACH] Only the user's desktop icon isn't working, unable to change it or make it default. How to fix it, please help me. https://i.redd.it/1nyhsiqp8is61.gif submitted by /u/Snorlax_lax [link] [comments]...
  4. How to fix those icons?

How to fix those icons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kurokomon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6b0l5/how_to_fix_those_icons/
  5. How to fix this icon ?

How to fix this icon ?: [ATTACH] after bluescreen this app that's on my hard drive it become like this . others are still fine like other games in same hard drive are fine but this one is not. my os is in my ssd submitted by /u/Animebomb [link] [comments]...
  6. Startbar won't autohide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startbar won't autohide: Windows 10: Start bar will not autohide. Can't see my desktop. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startbar-wont-autohide/135c6946-6682-4601-95c9-06a65ff51434
  7. Calendar Not Synchronizing On Startbar Quickmenu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calendar Not Synchronizing On Startbar Quickmenu: Hello! I have all my calendars on Google-calendar, and they work well on my phone, and when opening the calendar-app in its own window, but for some reason it will not show most of the meetings on the quick-calendar that opens when clicking the clock and date. The ones that...
  8. How to fix this black icons?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix this black icons?: How to fix this black things. It's showing on every app properties and another things.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-black-icons/85933089-e447-4479-8e3f-f9d6683bc236"
  9. Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove / unpin from startbar after hard reset: Hi, I am facing this issue after hard reset my laptop. Never been happen before, but this is quite annoying. Refer to my screenshot. I tried to unpinned these apps and uninstall some of it. but it still appear. This is freshly reset. I remove it one by one (unpinned) and...
  10. Startbar searches unclickable.

in Windows 10 Support
    Startbar searches unclickable.: Startbar searches show results and can be accessed via arrow keys and activated using Enter. These items are un-clickable and keyboard navigation no longer works once a click is initiated. I have tried disabling"active" Cortana (and the service) and any combo of that and...