Windows 10: Fix: Storage Replica warning Events 10448 Storage Replica has failed an application IO

Discus and support Fix: Storage Replica warning Events 10448 Storage Replica has failed an application IO in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; When checking the logs of the Storage Replica on a Windows Server 2016, 2019 or 2022, using the below command, you get the error saying that Storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Noel New Member

Fix: Storage Replica warning Events 10448 Storage Replica has failed an application IO

When checking the logs of the Storage Replica on a Windows Server 2016, 2019 or 2022, using the below command, you get the error saying that Storage Replica has failed an application IO.

Get-WinEvent -ProviderName Microsoft-Windows-StorageReplica -max 20

Fix: Storage Replica warning Events 10448 Storage Replica has failed an application IO StorageReplica_1.png

In this case, the replication is not working and there are no other issues pointing to what could be the problem. In my case the solution was to restart the Storage Replica service from the services.msc. After this, I ran the Get-WinEvent command again and it was replicating again.

Fix: Storage Replica warning Events 10448 Storage Replica has failed an application IO StorageReplica_2.png

(0)

read more...

Noel, Mar 1, 2023
  2. Arun.T Win User

Verification of Replica failed.

Hi,

We have 4 DC in a domain located in 3 sites and all are running Windows 2012. After some GPO application, the replicated between the PDC and a DC on another site started to fail. We tried all the methods that we could find in the forum but none of them could
    resolve the issue. So we decided to demote the secondary DC and promote back again. But it did not success as we got the error domain cannot be reached.

last attempt we tried to setup a new VM and tried to promote it to DC which also failed with the following error.

Verification of Replica failed. The wizard cannot access the list of domains in the forest. The target account name is incorrect"

Error getting the list of sites from teh target environment. The wizard cannot access the list of domains in the forest. The error is: The target account name is incorrect.

Please help

Thanks

Arun

Arun.T, Mar 1, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User
    SATA-IO to Enable Higher Speed Storage Applications with SATA Express Specification

The Serial ATA International Organization (SATA-IO), the industry consortium dedicated to sustaining the quality, integrity and dissemination of Serial ATA (SATA) technology, today announced it is developing SATA Express, a new specification that combines SATA software infrastructure with the PCI Express (PCIe) interface. SATA Express enables the development of new devices that utilize the PCIe interface and maintain compatibility with existing SATA applications. The technology will provide a cost-effective means to increase device interface speeds to 8Gb/s and 16Gb/s.

Solid state (SSDs) and hybrid drives are already pushing the limits of existing storage interfaces. SATA Express will provide a low-cost solution to fully utilize the performance of these devices. Storage devices not requiring the speed of SATA Express will continue to be served by existing SATA technology. The specification will define new device and motherboard connectors that will support both new SATA Express and current SATA devices.

“The SATA Express specification provides SSD and hybrid drive manufacturers the advantages of performance and scalability enabled by PCIe 3.0 – which is available now – and the ubiquity of SATA,” said Mladen Luksic, SATA-IO president. “We expect the SATA Express specification to be completed by the end of 2011.”

The Complete SATA Ecosystem
    SATA Express is one of several specifications from SATA-IO designed to offer low-cost, high performance storage solutions optimized for specific device segments. Since its introduction in 2001, SATA technology has penetrated 99% of the PC market and evolved to provide options for a number of applications beyond traditional hard disk storage. SATA is now implemented in a variety of applications including solid state and optical drives, embedded mobile devices, consumer electronics products and enterprise storage. Key specifications for implementing SATA technology beyond the HDD device segment include:
    • mSATA: A low-profile solution for mobile computing devices and other small form factor applications.
    • SATA Universal Storage Module (USM): An integrated SATA interface for providing portable, volume storage I/O to consumer electronics devices, as well as PC applications.
    • SATA µSSD: Also announced today, an embedded, single-chip solution that connects directly to the motherboard to enable ultra-thin form factor devices.
    More information on these and other SATA specifications is available at SATA-IO.

btarunr, Mar 1, 2023
  4. Kyle Win User

Fix: Storage Replica warning Events 10448 Storage Replica has failed an application IO

'Authentic' Windows 7 Aero Replica for Windows 10

Thread title is self-explanatory really. Is there a real W7 Aero replica for W10? Complete Aero with transparent glass; start menu, taskbar and Explorer.

Kyle, Mar 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Fix: Storage Replica warning Events 10448 Storage Replica has failed an application IO - Similar Threads - Fix Storage Replica

2. Storage Space Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space Warning: Hi,A storage pool RAID1 has all of a sudden developed a warning, "reduced resiliency" and show which drive has the problem. When switching the two drives the problem is then switched too and the other drive now has the issue.Both drives are new Samsung 2TB SSD, around 6...
  3. Storage Space Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space Warning: Hi,A storage pool RAID1 has all of a sudden developed a warning, "reduced resiliency" and show which drive has the problem. When switching the two drives the problem is then switched too and the other drive now has the issue.Both drives are new Samsung 2TB SSD, around 6...
  4. Cannot click Next on Add Replica on SQL Management Studio

Cannot click Next on Add Replica on SQL Management Studio: Can someone help me on adding Replica, I already created Availability Group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-click-next-on-add-replica-on-sql-management/f7e4bc97-e1ac-4645-a551-2e1532c1ebdb
  5. Cannot click Next on Add Replica on SQL Management Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot click Next on Add Replica on SQL Management Studio: Can someone help me on adding Replica, I already created Availability Group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-click-next-on-add-replica-on-sql-management/f7e4bc97-e1ac-4645-a551-2e1532c1ebdb
  6. Replicating a replica to Azure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replicating a replica to Azure?: This may seem trivial, but I can't find appropriate documentation on the matter.Hyper-V replication from 1 Hyper-V to another.. Easy..But what are the implications of replicating the replica to a third Hyper-V? The idea is to replicate Hyper-V to an Offsite Hyper-V. Then...
  7. Replicating a replica to Azure?

Replicating a replica to Azure?: This may seem trivial, but I can't find appropriate documentation on the matter.Hyper-V replication from 1 Hyper-V to another.. Easy..But what are the implications of replicating the replica to a third Hyper-V? The idea is to replicate Hyper-V to an Offsite Hyper-V. Then...
  8. Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's: I have server 2012 R2 Hyper-V Replication jobs to an offsite server. I tried to run test-failover on these VM's on these VM's and 3 out of 7 are failing. replication status is showing normal and it is replicating every 5 minutes. The error I get is: Start-VMFailover : Hyper-V...
  9. Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's

Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's: I have server 2012 R2 Hyper-V Replication jobs to an offsite server. I tried to run test-failover on these VM's on these VM's and 3 out of 7 are failing. replication status is showing normal and it is replicating every 5 minutes. The error I get is: Start-VMFailover : Hyper-V...
  10. Windows is a replica of neural brain OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is a replica of neural brain OS: You schoolgirl Windows OS developers need to know what you're messing with. Did Einstein foresee, what atomic catastrophic behaviours he contributed to in your schoolyard, garden of rubbish, millitary nuisance strategies, absurd obscenities, in time? You schoolgirls...