Windows 10: Fix System Protection Background Tasks SrTasks.exe High Disk usage in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Fix System Protection Background Tasks SrTasks.exe High Disk usage in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If SrTasks.exe or Microsoft Windows System Protection Background Tasks is displaying High Disk Usage in Windows 11/10 Task Manager, then this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 3, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix System Protection Background Tasks SrTasks.exe High Disk usage in Windows 11/10

Fix System Protection Background Tasks SrTasks.exe High Disk usage in Windows 11/10 SrTasks.exe-high-disk-usage.png
    If SrTasks.exe or Microsoft Windows System Protection Background Tasks is displaying High Disk Usage in Windows 11/10 Task Manager, then this post offers suggestions that are sure to help you fix the issue. What is SrTasks.exe in Windows 11/10 SrTasks.exe is called System Protection Background Tasks. It is an executable file in Windows 11/10 OS. Windows […]

This article Fix System Protection Background Tasks SrTasks.exe High Disk usage in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 3, 2021

2. srtasks 100% cpu usage

Hi David,

To resolve the issue you encountered with "Microsoft Windows System Protection background tasks", we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Akheel Ahmed in this thread: Microsoft Windows System Protection Background
    Tasks high CPU issue

Kindly update us with the result and let us know if you need further help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 3, 2021
  3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2021
  4. DTYV Win User

Fix System Protection Background Tasks SrTasks.exe High Disk usage in Windows 11/10

Windows 10 - High Disk Usage - 100%

I am seeing high disk usage, often between 90 and 100%.

I have tried adjusting some settings, some help temporarily but after a restart I have the same high disk usage issue.

• Disable superfetch
    • Disable Windows Search
    • Disable Windows Update
    • Disable Geolocation Services
    • Disable Network Services
    • Manually adjust paging file size for programs and background services
    • Got rid of apps (no chrome, got rid of bloat like Amazon, etc.)
    The main user of disk usage appears to be Service Host Local System 13 and it uses anywhere between .5 and 10 MB.

Below is a snip of the task manager. Computer is Dell Inspiron 15 - 3000 series. 4 GB RAM, 64 bit operating system and AD A4 processor if that helps.

Any ideas on how to resolve the high disk usage issue permanently?

Fix System Protection Background Tasks SrTasks.exe High Disk usage in Windows 11/10 5fe3aca9-96e4-4f07-a8e2-c40d4c2b50c7.jpg

DTYV, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix System Protection Background Tasks SrTasks.exe High Disk usage in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Fix System Protection

2. "system" task high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "system" task high CPU usage: Hi guys,I recently bought the GS77 stealth and so far so great. I encountered a problem tho.There is a task in task manager called "system", that utilizes a lot of the cpu and cranks up the temps and fans around 10% of cpu.I tried a safe boot and it worked, but once I booted...
  3. "system" task high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "system" task high CPU usage: Hi guys,I recently bought the GS77 stealth and so far so great. I encountered a problem tho.There is a task in task manager called "system", that utilizes a lot of the cpu and cranks up the temps and fans around 10% of cpu.I tried a safe boot and it worked, but once I booted...
  4. Fix msedgewebview2.exe High CPU and Memory usage on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix msedgewebview2.exe High CPU and Memory usage on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]The ‘Details’ tab in the Task Manager enlists a large number of processes that run in the background of your PC. In Windows 11 is this one particular process named ‘msedgewebview2.exe’ which people are concerned is consuming too much unnecessary CPU memory and...
  5. Fix DCFWinService High Disk Usage on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix DCFWinService High Disk Usage on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you find that the DCFWinService.exe process is using high CPU, Disk, Power or Memory, then this post will show you what you can do to resolve the issue effectively on your Windows computer. What is DFCWinService? DFCWinService is a service of Dell Foundation...
  6. Fix System and Compressed Memory High CPU, Ram, Disk Usage on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix System and Compressed Memory High CPU, Ram, Disk Usage on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some people are noticing that the System and Compressed Memory process shows High CPU, Ram, Disk Usage on their Windows 11/10 systems. In this tutorial, we have a few solutions that can help fix the issue. What is System and Compressed Memory process? System and...
  7. Fix WaasMedic.exe High CPU or Disk Usage on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix WaasMedic.exe High CPU or Disk Usage on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]The Windows Update Medic Service (WaasMedic.exe) is a Windows Service that was introduced in Windows 10. This Service has been introduced to repair Windows Update components from damage so that the computer can continue to receive updates. Now if WaasMedic.exe is...
  8. High "system" process disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High "system" process disk usage: I am having this issue from yesterday. My computer suddenly slow down. I went to task manager and saw system process at top of task manager window. I tried lot of stuff and did not work. I updated windows some days ago. I need help ASAP cause I use this computer for class....
  9. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I tried everything regarding this issue!!! It still causes high disk usage. It is mentionable that keeping the screen idle for some time reduces the disk usage for the "system" but keeping idle every time is not possible as I have work to do. Please give me solutions other...
  10. System causing high disk usage

System causing high disk usage: I don't want to describe anything!! See the screenshot and give me a fix. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-causing-high-disk-usage/af41e44e-be3d-49d9-85d0-816bd7639b41