Windows 10: Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error

Discus and support Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 or even upgrading to a newer version of Windows 10 from an older version of the same is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 13, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error

WinClub, Dec 13, 2018
  2. MK_596 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Air Display Error

I have read numerous posts regarding the Air Display error preventing an upgrade to Windows 10, stemming from the Air Display app. On the website they fully disclose they are not 10 compatible.

So, removed the app, removed from device manager (must choose to display hidden) and still no luck. I understand there is a "list" that is run for compatibility and is updated only once per month or so, but the last time my list was updated was back in
    April! The list that I am referring to is the one that appears when you choose the 10 upgrade icon and it gives you the Air Display non-compatibility error, it refers to a list that apparently still has Air Display on it, which prevents the upgrade. Sooooo,
    any other suggestions from the warriors that have licked this problem?

Thanks!

MK_596, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Error upgrading to windows 10: Display not compatible? Wiki no help

Hi Brendan,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to use the monitor in which Windows 10 is upgraded as a work around and check. If the issue still persists refer the suggestions by
    Pratiksha on July 26, 2016.

Error: The display is not compatible with Windows 10, check for the manufacturer for support.

Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Fean0r_ Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade: "Display Not Compatible" on X1950

I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 before the deadline but I'm getting the "display not compatible" error. I've searched these and other forums and it seems my old ATI Radeon X1950 GPU isn't compatible. I've checked ATI's website and sure enough there
    isn't a Windows 8 or 10 driver listed.
    Thing is, I've ordered parts to build a new PC but they won't all arrive in time - and even if they did I won't have time to put them all together before the deadline.
    Is there any way I can use some sort of generic driver just to get the Windows 10 upgrade acknowledged by Microsoft? Or does anyone have any other suggestions aside from finding another stopgap graphics card?

Fean0r_, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error - Similar Threads - Fix display compatible

2. Display Problems and Compatibility issues in Window 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Problems and Compatibility issues in Window 10.: I have HP laptop and it often happens that the my browser doesn't show the websites how they are supposed to appear. Some images just wont appear, the menu and other header options are all jumbled. This might be happening because of the windows installed and is not compatible...
  3. Intel(R) HD Graphics display driver not compatible With Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel(R) HD Graphics display driver not compatible With Windows 10 upgrade: I have multiple machines that I am upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and many of them fail the upgrade due to incompatible software. some digging around showed that there are some Intel(R) HD Graphic display drivers are not compatible with Windows 10. On a test machine...
  4. Compatibility Error in Windows 10 Upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Compatibility Error in Windows 10 Upgrade to 1903: I am in the Insider Program (Insider Preview), I have received 1903 upgrade but when I try to install, I get this error: [ATTACH] I tried to update from a clean boot, but I get the same error. In the log files from "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther" directory, the...
  5. Triple display compatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Triple display compatibility: Hello. My system is able to run games at three displays with nVidia Surround (GeForce 1050ti, using 3x HDMI - DisplayPort cable). People are required to configure nVidia Surround or Eyefinity to let any game run on 5040x1050. By default, games will not recognize the...
  6. QuickBooks not compatible with Windows 10 upgrade

QuickBooks not compatible with Windows 10 upgrade: When I upgraded to Windows 10 my 2016 version of QuickBooks would not load. I keep getting a box that says Windows is shutting down.....
  7. Application compatibility following upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application compatibility following upgrade to windows 10: Hello, Regarding the upgrade to windows 10. After the upgrade is completed and we do a clean install, will the previous applications (e.g. Photoshop or AutoCAD) be compatible with windows 10? Thank you 8689
  8. compatible windows 10 display driver?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    compatible windows 10 display driver?: Successfully upgraded my satellite c655-s5128 from windows 7 to windows 10. Native screen resolution was 1366x768 but now the only choices are 1024x768 or 800x600. Is there a driver that is compatible with my display and windows 10? I know intel is not directly supporting the...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible"

Windows 10 Upgrade Tool says "Display is not compatible": I wanted to upgrade Windows 10 November Update to Anniversary Update. I ran the Windows 10 Upgrade Tool and it said "Display is not compatible" Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics Direct X 12 1st Monitor: 1920x1080 2nd Monitor: 1360x768 Thank you! 58781
  10. Fix error " Windows 10 upgrade stuck"

Fix error " Windows 10 upgrade stuck": error " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS......" the error from MBR, may be you tried rebuild MBR with Minitool but it didn't work. I fix MBR with live elementary OS and it work. Fix MBR - YouTube 18547