Windows 10: Fix The driver detected a controller error on Windows

Discus and support Fix The driver detected a controller error on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Blue Screen of Death errors are every computer user’s nightmare. Some can be easy to resolve, while others were pretty difficult. One of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 27, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix The driver detected a controller error on Windows

WinClub, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Siddhagod Win User

Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Dec 27, 2018
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Fix The driver detected a controller error on Windows

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Fix The driver detected a controller error on Windows

1. Fix The driver detected a controller error on Windows - Similar Threads - Fix driver detected

2. The driver detected an error in the device harddisk1 dr1 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The driver detected an error in the device harddisk1 dr1 controller: Immediately upon booting every time there is an error in the event log:The driver detected a device harddisk1 dr1 controller errorIt began to appear from the day the latest updates were installed:January 9, 2024 — KB5034123 OS builds 22621.3007 and 22631.3007Windows 11...
  3. The driver detected an error in the device harddisk1 dr1 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The driver detected an error in the device harddisk1 dr1 controller: Immediately upon booting every time there is an error in the event log:The driver detected a device harddisk1 dr1 controller errorIt began to appear from the day the latest updates were installed:January 9, 2024 — KB5034123 OS builds 22621.3007 and 22631.3007Windows 11...
  4. Error: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR11: Hello,I keep getting this error on my Windows 10 Lenovo. I then check the drive using a few Lenovo utilities but it never finds a thing. What would be the next steps to troubleshoot this solid-state drive? Which Windows utilities should I try?...
  5. Error: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR11

Error: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR11: Hello,I keep getting this error on my Windows 10 Lenovo. I then check the drive using a few Lenovo utilities but it never finds a thing. What would be the next steps to troubleshoot this solid-state drive? Which Windows utilities should I try?...
  6. Error: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1: Hello I'm using Windows Server 2022 and I have this problem: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1Here is the description of my environment2 physical server with Windows Server 2022. Holding hyper V role and high availability clusterShared FC HPE...
  8. The driver detected an controller error on Device\CdRom0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The driver detected an controller error on Device\CdRom0: After the security update on today, 22/4/2022, my laptop frequently failed to boot up , so i used bios settings to enter the laptop and checked event viewer . i saw the error log and i copied it here.i have done the sfc /scannow and the chkdsk /fand the problem persist. none...
  9. The driver detected an controller error on Device\CdRom0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The driver detected an controller error on Device\CdRom0: After the security update on today, 22/4/2022, my laptop frequently failed to boot up , so i used bios settings to enter the laptop and checked event viewer . i saw the error log and i copied it here.i have done the sfc /scannow and the chkdsk /fand the problem persist. none...
  10. The driver detected an controller error on Device\CdRom0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error device vboxnetlwf

2. pnp detected fatal error virtualbox

3. Detection Verification

4. dell 5490 detection verification driver,
  5. pnp detected fatal error Ps4,
  6. detction verification device driver in windows 10,
  7. windows 10 detection verification issue,
  8. detection veification on latitude 7490