Windows 10: Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error

Discus and support Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Welcome to Win10FAQ. In this guide, we will discuss this error message: ms-settings: display this file does not have a program associated with it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error

Welcome to Win10FAQ. In this guide, we will discuss this error message: ms-settings: display this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. In general, this error pops up for some [...]

The post Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Nov 12, 2018

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error

ms-settings: display

I tried opening display settings by right clicking on the desktop and got an error message which says:

ms-settings: display

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if on is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

so I found out I can open anything except the settings app

I tried some ways I found through the internet like going through the regedit but It can't open it either.

Tried sfc/scannow too but it was not able to fix some of the corrupted files. which did make me find out that it has corrupted files.

I tried updating too but my laptop is not set on automatic update which you can only fix by going through the settings.

I'd be grateful for any help or suggestions I could get.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RenzoVisperas, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error

1. Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error - Similar Threads - Fix SETTINGS display

2. ms-settings display

in Windows 10 Customization
    ms-settings display: Já tentei alguns procedimentos mas não consigo de jeito nenhum entrar nas configurações do computador cara, me ajudem por favor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-settings-display/179f7b3d-7f4c-4ebc-8355-a291153b53af
  3. ms-settings display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-settings display: Já tentei alguns procedimentos mas não consigo de jeito nenhum entrar nas configurações do computador cara, me ajudem por favor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-settings-display/179f7b3d-7f4c-4ebc-8355-a291153b53af
  4. ms-settings display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ms-settings error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-settings error: Recently I cannot open my settings app for any reason. Even launching it seems impossible. I tried accessing it within the right-click personalize button but I received...I tried every method on the internet and its not working. I'm starting to panic.Any help will be...
  6. ms-settings error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-settings error: Recently I cannot open my settings app for any reason. Even launching it seems impossible. I tried accessing it within the right-click personalize button but I received...I tried every method on the internet and its not working. I'm starting to panic.Any help will be...
  7. ms-settings error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to fix this error with settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix this error with settings?: [ATTACH] Every time I press it in the Start Menu (I have OpenShell,) this pops up: https://preview.redd.it/nosigcgbk5r61.png?width=353&format=png&auto=webp&s=12cd962242154c3cdb3cfcac936e4536be7bb437 submitted by /u/cherokeer0se [link] [comments]...
  9. error with in display setting

error with in display setting: [IMG] Got a new pc and fiddle with it. anyone why or how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-with-in-display-setting/0e47d25e-23e4-486a-962e-4b7db893421c
  10. ms-settings: display Windows probleme fr en

ms-settings: display Windows probleme fr en: Francais J ai un problème quand je fais clic doit sur mon bureau et j appuis sur paramètre d affichage sa ne s ouvre pas et sa met sa : [ATTACH] Je sais pas comment régler se problème car sa me gâche ma vie merci a celui ou celle qui m aidera English I have a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-settings:display fix

2. ms-settings display regedit

3. error message ms-settings:display

4. how to fix: ms-settings:display,
  5. fix ms-settings display,
  6. windows settings display error