Windows 10: Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error

Discus and support Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Welcome to Win10FAQ. In this guide, we will discuss this error message: ms-settings: display this file does not have a program associated with it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error

Welcome to Win10FAQ. In this guide, we will discuss this error message: ms-settings: display this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. In general, this error pops up for some [...]

The post Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Nov 12, 2018

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error

ms-settings: display

I tried opening display settings by right clicking on the desktop and got an error message which says:

ms-settings: display

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if on is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

so I found out I can open anything except the settings app

I tried some ways I found through the internet like going through the regedit but It can't open it either.

Tried sfc/scannow too but it was not able to fix some of the corrupted files. which did make me find out that it has corrupted files.

I tried updating too but my laptop is not set on automatic update which you can only fix by going through the settings.

I'd be grateful for any help or suggestions I could get.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RenzoVisperas, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error

1. Fix the MS-SETTINGS display error - Similar Threads - Fix SETTINGS display

2. Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error: [ATTACH] Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 or even upgrading to a newer version of Windows 10 from an older version of the same is not so simple. No matter if you are using the Windows 10 [...] This post Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10...
  3. ms-settings: display Windows probleme fr en

in Windows 10 Customization
    ms-settings: display Windows probleme fr en: Francais J ai un problème quand je fais clic doit sur mon bureau et j appuis sur paramètre d affichage sa ne s ouvre pas et sa met sa : [ATTACH] Je sais pas comment régler se problème car sa me gâche ma vie merci a celui ou celle qui m aidera English I have a...
  4. display setting

display setting: Windows 10 home, 32 bit, laptop. How to adjust to full size page size, all are now at 2/3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-setting/b9060dbb-26f5-4d53-b80b-9ba82695fd49
  5. Display Settings

Display Settings: I have a HP Envy 27 All in one PC and want to connect 2 x extra monitors ASUS VP247. I was advised to buy a Targus USB 3.0 DV1K-2K Travel docking station to connect the monitors. The problem is that when I go into display settings, I get a response that the computer cannot...
  6. Display settings

Display settings: How can i change my display settings to HDMI to connect my Xbox to my Asus Vivo PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/display-settings/c0af93c0-cb78-43f9-bc0d-92e6b53aabeb
  7. display settings

display settings: how can i shrink my dell laptop desktop screen to fit my TCL flat screen tv? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/display-settings/23140ce4-c282-4c66-8a95-d1001929c364
  8. Windows 10: fixing ms-settings protocol issue

Windows 10: fixing ms-settings protocol issue: Symptoms: - right click desktop, select "display settings" OR - right click windows task bar, select "taskbar settings" OR - Win+R, then type "ms-settings:" --> you get an error message, or another fancy behaviour instead of the correct Windows settings window....
  9. Display setting

Display setting: My display setting has changed and are now ghostly, how can I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/display-setting/92088a26-d5da-4b45-afc1-ee62224cc052
  10. Display settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display settings: My monitor is black & white how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-settings/b8008af4-2c01-4957-a65c-fdbec80b38a6