Windows 10: Fix The requested operation requires elevation, Error 740

Discus and support Fix The requested operation requires elevation, Error 740 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If you try to run a program or open a folder or delete a file and you receive a message – Error (740), The requested operation requires... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 8, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix The requested operation requires elevation, Error 740

WinClub, Dec 8, 2018

2. The requested operation requires elevation"

The requested operation requires elevation"in windows 10

PhillipManuel1, Dec 8, 2018
  3. AndreyT Win User
    Updated to 1511: "740: The requested operation requires elevation"

In my normal user account (belonging to Users group) I maintain a folder with a bunch of convenient administrative shortcuts, which run certain applications under "Administrator" account through 'runas' utility. Each shortcut's command line looks as

Code:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:Administrator /savecred "<command line>"
    Before update to version 1511 all my shortcuts were working fine. After the update most of them suddenly stopped working. Namely, running mmc shortcuts, like

Code:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:Administrator /savecred "mmc compmgmt.msc"
    produces error "740: The requested operation requires elevation".

Control panel shortcuts like

Code:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:Administrator /savecred "control appwiz.cpl"
    generate a message box

Code:
    Code:
    ::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}\0\::{7B81BE6A-CE2B-4676-A29E-EB907A5126C5} Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
    Some applications continue to work, some don't. SysInternal's Autoruns works fine. Far Manager doesn't suffer from it either. But CPU-Z shortcut

Code:
    Code:
    C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:Administrator /savecred "C:\Utils\CPU-Z\cpuz_x64.exe"
    also fails with "740: The requested operation requires elevation".

Is the something I can change (policy etc.) to restore the pre-1511 behavior?

AndreyT, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Fix The requested operation requires elevation, Error 740

"The requested operation requires elevation"

I get this error "The requested operation requires elevation" when i launch Dell SupportAssist.exe. I'm unable to install the dell supportAssist program due to this. How can i solve this?

JanithBandara, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Fix The requested operation requires elevation, Error 740

1. Fix The requested operation requires elevation, Error 740 - Similar Threads - Fix requested operation

2. The requested operation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The requested operation requires elevation: What happens is that I call Microsoft and they sent me to do a few steps but what it did was damage it more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-requested-operation-requires-elevation/e93d6fba-5fd7-4b4d-a5dc-36f28bed8b5b
  3. This requested operation requires elevation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This requested operation requires elevation: I’m trying to start fallout on my Pc the Xbox version when all of a sudden it just says this requested operation requires elevate if anyone knows how to fix it lmk asap I’ve done properties and command prompts but it’s still not working so if anyone knows yk lmk...
  4. THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION.: Hello Everyone.I have a query. When I am running any app as an administrator, it is showing the requested operation requires elevation as shown in the attachment....
  5. THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION.

in Windows 10 Customization
    THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION.: Hello Everyone.I have a query. When I am running any app as an administrator, it is showing the requested operation requires elevation as shown in the attachment....
  6. CreateProcess failed; code 740 The requested operation requires elevation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CreateProcess failed; code 740 The requested operation requires elevation.: Hello. I am writing to you today because I came across an error trying to download this addon to a game. It gave me the error code 740, and I am looking for a fix to this error. I hope you can get back to me soon thank you....
  7. "The requested operation requires elevation."

"The requested operation requires elevation.": Tried making the ASUS AURA app to open upon startup however, I get the error message: "The requested operation requires elevation". Any help is greatly appreciated....
  8. THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION

THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION: Iam unable to run .exe files I am getting THE REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES ELEVATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-requested-operation-requires-elevation/421d26f6-05eb-4d10-9ed2-4e64a6761584
  9. Error - The requested operation requires elevation

Error - The requested operation requires elevation: Team, When ever I am trying to access any application with : Run as administration, it gives me to " continue with username and Password. I login it with username and password it shows "The requested operation requires elevation:. Please help....
  10. Updated to 1511: "740: The requested operation requires elevation"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Updated to 1511: "740: The requested operation requires elevation": In my normal user account (belonging to Users group) I maintain a folder with a bunch of convenient administrative shortcuts, which run certain applications under "Administrator" account through 'runas' utility. Each shortcut's command line looks as Code:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. code 740 requires elevation

2. error 740

3. RUNAS ERROR: 740: The requested operation requires elevation.

4. runas error 740 requires elevation windows 10,
  5. windows 10 runas requires elevation,
  6. runas 740 the requested operation requires elevation,
  7. dasc.exe runas Error 740,
  8. elevation 740,
  9. error code 740 requires elevation,
  10. runas error 740,
  11. elavation (740),
  12. 740 elevation,
  13. windows 10 runas 740: the requested operation requires elevation,
  14. windows 10 code 740 The requested operation requires elevation.,
  15. RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run 740: The requested operation requires elevation.