Windows 10: Fix "The specified account name is not valid" in Task Schedular

Discus and support Fix "The specified account name is not valid" in Task Schedular in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to create a shortcut for cheat engine that will be used for a non-administrator account that can run without the UAC prompt coming up. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Endy896, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Fix "The specified account name is not valid" in Task Schedular

I am trying to create a shortcut for cheat engine that will be used for a non-administrator account that can run without the UAC prompt coming up. I found out you could do this Task Scheduler by making a task that opens the app as administrator. This works just fine, but whenever I try to switch it so that the Task can be run even if the administrator is not signed in, I have to put in my password to save changes to the task.

This is fine, except for the fact that whenever I type in the password, I am told that my account name is not valid. I know that this is an issue lots of people have, so I am wondering if any of you have solved this issue. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Endy896
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Endy896, Jan 24, 2021
  2. donehomr Win User

"An error has occurred for task ~ Error message: The specified account name is not valid" when trying to create a new Basic Scheduled Task

This is my home desktop PC, I am the only person that uses this computer, my account is (supposed to be) the administrator account and I am logged in with my Microsoft account, there are no other user accounts. -- As stated above, I am trying to create a
    simple, basic scheduled task like I did many times in Windows 7 with no issues whatsoever, but now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 (current version: 1511) I am experiencing "An error has occurred for task - Error message: The specified account name is not
    valid" when trying to save the new task. I have been for days trying to find a fix online, but either I'm blind or stupid as everything I have tried fails with the same error (see attached snip).

Fix "The specified account name is not valid" in Task Schedular f544cd8c-3adc-4d44-b4d7-7eb6c23714c0.jpg

I don't seem to be having any other "account name is not valid" issues with any other programs, and this is the first time I have ever seen this particular problem in all of the years I have used Windows.

Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated, and thanks ahead of time.

donehomr, Jan 24, 2021
  3. The specified acount name isnot valid to use schedule task

When I try to finish my new task I got an error message saying that the specified user is not valid, the password is incorrect.

1. Is the computer connected to a domain?

NO

2. Have you tried using the task scheduler in a different account?

I ONLY HAVE THIS ACCOUNT ON THIS COMPUTER

3. Have you tried scheduling the task through an administrator account?

SINCE THIS IS THE ONLY ACCOUNT ON THE COMPUTER IT IS SURE THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT.

SomarServices, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Fix "The specified account name is not valid" in Task Schedular

Windows Task Scheduler Error (one or more of the specified arguments are not valid)

I'm having a rough go trying to use Task Scheduler to schedule tasks.

I had the system working for a 6am program for about two weeks. I decided that I wanted to shift users to a new account about two weeks ago, and my task hasn't run properly since. I get this in general from the task. I have both the latest draft of the task
    and the original one that worked before switching accounts:

When editing the task, every time I get a "one or more of the specified arguments are not valid" error message. I think it has to do with the account I'm running it from. I've looked at other solutions to this issue using the SYSTEM account and switching
    to 'run whether the user is logged on or not' but that's greyed out for me:

I have not tried running this through a different account since I removed the old one. I looked through a bunch of suggestions from

here
    but no luck.

Any new suggestions? Is there a step I may have missed in creating the new account (Atlas) to give it proper permissions?

Here are the screenshots of my setup:

Andrew Schmelzer, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Fix "The specified account name is not valid" in Task Schedular

1. Fix "The specified account name is not valid" in Task Schedular - Similar Threads - Fix specified account

2. Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid: Hi, My windows 10 machine is about 3 years old. When I try to edit the task to change the start time, I get the error "The Specified Account is not Valid". when I click Finish. The task was originally created when I purchased the machine, about 3 years ago. It runs fine with...
  3. Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid: Hi, My windows 10 machine is about 3 years old. When I try to edit the task to change the start time, I get the error "The Specified Account is not Valid". when I click Finish. The task was originally created when I purchased the machine, about 3 years ago. It runs fine with...
  4. Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. mmc snap-in task schedular

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mmc snap-in task schedular: so i was trying to get my anti malware service executable fixed for using high disk but this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mmc-snap-in-task-schedular/8b49a0d3-4a7e-4481-aec2-4aea5bf41f3c
  9. specified account name is not valid task scheduler --- after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    specified account name is not valid task scheduler --- after Windows update: For some reason when I make changes to a job in task scheduler, the logging in I do afterwards to save the changes within task scheduler, is resulting in this message: specified account name is not valid task scheduler I only have a user name for this PC and within task...
  10. Task Schedular and Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Task Schedular and Windows 10 Updates: This PC is mostly not connected to the internet, so the updates got far behind. After I had problems for two days of download as requested by Windows 10, from 1511 to 1703, it got stuck with 1607 while telling me 1703 is ready to be installed. It kept on downloading...