Windows 10: Fix the stuttering in external monitors

Discus and support Fix the stuttering in external monitors in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I suppose it is windows 10 problem, I just bought a new external monitor for my laptop and any fps game is horribly stuttering. I have seen multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexBen2, Aug 23, 2018.

1. AlexBen2 Win User

Fix the stuttering in external monitors

I suppose it is windows 10 problem, I just bought a new external monitor for my laptop and any fps game is horribly stuttering. I have seen multiple complaints about this issue, I wonder is there any permanent fix for that or I will have to return my monitor back, because windows 10 isn't optimized properly be developers.

:)

AlexBen2, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Aug 23, 2018
  4. W1zzard Win User

HL2 stuttering fix

Valve has released a Patch for Half-Life 2 which is supposed to fix the sound problems people were having. In most cases this is related to video memory texture trashing.

W1zzard, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Fix the stuttering in external monitors - Similar Threads - Fix stuttering external

2. Monitors stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors stuttering: I have been dealing with this problem for probably almost a year now. Originally, I was using a Radeon card RX 6700XT, however after getting fed up with this problem, I decided to switch to Nvidia. I bought a 3070 and it worked just fine for a month. As of recently however,...
  3. Monitors stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors stuttering: I have been dealing with this problem for probably almost a year now. Originally, I was using a Radeon card RX 6700XT, however after getting fed up with this problem, I decided to switch to Nvidia. I bought a 3070 and it worked just fine for a month. As of recently however,...
  4. Monitor stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor stuttering: everytime i turn on my computer the monitor screen stutter and after 4 to 7 seconds its gone and if i restart it doesn't stuttermy rig CPU: AMD A10 7700KRAM: 12 GBGPU: ASUS GT 730 2GBHDD: 300 GB...
  5. Monitor stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor stuttering: everytime i turn on my computer the monitor screen stutter and after 4 to 7 seconds its gone and if i restart it doesn't stuttermy rig CPU: AMD A10 7700KRAM: 12 GBGPU: ASUS GT 730 2GBHDD: 300 GB...
  6. Monitor stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Monitor Stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Stutter: I have a Razer Blade 15 Laptop connected to a Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2, connected to all my peripherals and my monitor. I have no issues with my USB devices; however, I have had some with my monitor. Occasionally it loses signal and sometimes does not even reconnect....
  8. Display to external monitor fix?

Display to external monitor fix?: I recently got a second monitor to connect to my laptop. In the external display settings, I was adjusting the refresh rate for my monitor through Windows, and I think I selected a refresh rate that is not supported by my monitor because when I connect my monitor and my...
  9. Is the stuttering on multiple monitors with different refresh rates fixed?

Is the stuttering on multiple monitors with different refresh rates fixed?: Hi so i am still running Windows 7 which has to stay my main OS until this issue example 1 / example 2 is fixed. Unfortunately i have to run Windows 10 for my VR setup so i will have to install it. Do i have to install it as dual-boot or is this issue finally fixed :/ ?...
  10. External Monitor Stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External Monitor Stutter: Business environment, 5x laptops, all experiencing graphical glitches in terms of all applications show lag/stutter when moving a window or typing using an external screen. The issue never occurs when the laptop is un-docked and when working with the internal screen, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuterring when using external monitor

2. windows animations stutter on external monitor

3. macbook pro windows 10 external monitor stutter