Windows 10: Fix: The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

Discus and support Fix: The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; When connecting to your Office 365 services, you might get the below error saying for any Msol cmdlet like new-msoluser, connect-msolservices and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Noel New Member

Fix: The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

When connecting to your Office 365 services, you might get the below error saying for any Msol cmdlet like new-msoluser, connect-msolservices and other.

The term 'Get-MsolUser' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

To fix this, download and install the Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant for IT Professionals RTW which can be downloaded from this link.

After the installation you can check the installation of the assistant from your control panel. After that open a PowerShell window As Administrator and type.

Install-Module MSOnline -Force

Once done, enter the below

Connect-MsolService

Sign in with your global admin account and presto!

(6541)

read more...

Noel, Oct 6, 2021

2. Powershell The term '%%' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

I run this code on cmd on win 10

but i get this error

Exception calling "Read" with "3" argument(s): "Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: buffer"
    At line:1 char:140
    + ... 5535|%%{0};while(($i = $stream.Read($bytes, 0, $bytes.Length)) -ne 0) ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Fix: The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet :)) [], MethodInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ArgumentNullException
    Any ideas why It says that?
    I saw some tutorials and it works good on them

Born vs. Me, Oct 6, 2021
  3. bro67 Win User
    some one can help with powershell ? I am new in that

Also see https://devblogs.microsoft.com/scrip...rshell-script/ for tracing the execution.

This is your main error:

"Get-MsolUser : The term 'Get-MsolUser' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
    program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again."

The error is because there is no Exchange directory for the script to connect to to verify users. Without that as the case is with Azure needing an AD and Exchange, the script will not get any further when running it. You can see it by setting Trace with the cmdlet Set-PSDebug -trace .

bro67, Oct 6, 2021
  4. sml156 Win User

No PowerShell cmdlets recognized

I don't usually use ISE but it also worked for me

Fix: The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet [​IMG]

sml156, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Fix: The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet - Similar Threads - Fix term ‘Get

2. The term 'Enable-RemoteRegistry' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The term 'Enable-RemoteRegistry' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script...: Why doesn't PowerShell 7 recognize "Enable-RemoteRegistry" like 5.1 does and what is the new commandlet to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-term-enable-remoteregistry-is-not-recognized/9c87b5a8-5a28-4d12-bbed-2bcc421f0c41
  3. The term 'Enable-RemoteRegistry' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The term 'Enable-RemoteRegistry' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script...: Why doesn't PowerShell 7 recognize "Enable-RemoteRegistry" like 5.1 does and what is the new commandlet to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-term-enable-remoteregistry-is-not-recognized/9c87b5a8-5a28-4d12-bbed-2bcc421f0c41
  4. The term 'Enable-RemoteRegistry' is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. gcc : The term 'gcc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gcc : The term 'gcc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or...: I have installed MINGW on my system and have added the path manually. I tried to check gg version by the command --- 'gcc --version' on my PowerShell. It works flawlessly. But in VS Code, it is showing the gcc error. How is that possible. The path is correct since it is...
  6. gcc : The term 'gcc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gcc : The term 'gcc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or...: I have installed MINGW on my system and have added the path manually. I tried to check gg version by the command --- 'gcc --version' on my PowerShell. It works flawlessly. But in VS Code, it is showing the gcc error. How is that possible. The path is correct since it is...
  7. The term 'dism.exe' is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The term 'dism.exe' is not recognized: Hi,My OS is Windows 10 version 22H2 Build 19045this command is not working for me: dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux /all /norestarthttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-manual when I tried to do this, this link...
  8. The term 'dism.exe' is not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The term 'dism.exe' is not recognized: Hi,My OS is Windows 10 version 22H2 Build 19045this command is not working for me: dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux /all /norestarthttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-manual when I tried to do this, this link...
  9. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...: HI, I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message. install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,...
  10. No PowerShell cmdlets recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    No PowerShell cmdlets recognized: Running powershell as Administrator or running the ISE as Administrator (which shows Admin at top of one of the two images) isn't returning what I am expecting for looking at tasks scheduled. Any idea what's up with the output in the images? I was running Windows 7 Home...