Windows 10: Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error in Windows 10

Discus and support Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some Windows users are reporting the following error when they try to change the Owner in Advanced Security Settings. This Access Control Entry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 18, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error in Windows 10

Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error in Windows 10 change-users.png
    Some Windows users are reporting the following error when they try to change the Owner in Advanced Security Settings. This Access Control Entry is Corrupt. Delete it and create a new one. In this article, we are going to fix this error in Windows 10 with the help of some simple solutions. Fix This Access Control Entry […]

This article Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 18, 2021
  2. IanWacher Win User

Access Control Entry is Corrupt

Background Info

So I was trying to change the "owner" in the advanced security settings. When I clicked "ok", some weird error message popped up. When I go into the Permission Entry for that specific "owner", it shows the error message "This access control entry is corrupt.
    Delete it and create a new one". Background Info So I was trying to change the "owner" in the advanced security settings. When I clicked "ok", some weird error message popped up. When I go into the Permission Entry for that specific "owner", it shows the
    error message "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one". Question So my question is, how do I solve that error message? It doesn't seem to affect anything yet, but it looks like an error message. Is it ok to leave it alone? Or
    if I should fix it, how do I fix it?

Question

So my question is, how do I solve that error message? It doesn't seem to affect anything yet, but it looks like an error message. Is it ok to leave it alone? Or if I should fix it, how do I fix it?

IanWacher, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Access Control Entry is Corrupt

I have the same problem. I bet most people do, if they happen to look. Microsoft is not answering this question, and, yes, I have tried all of their runaround suggestions. The question is simple: how do I delete and create a new access control entry after
    it becomes corrupt?

JohnHester, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error in Windows 10

Access Control Entry is Corrupt

Jamille,

I have the exact same problem. Trying to peruse the folder for Candy Crush Soda in the WindowsApps folder I get the message that I need permission, etc. Then, when trying to modify permissions for this folder (so I can read the contents) I get the error
    message "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one." So, at your suggestion, I ran SFC /scannow and got the message: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." I conclude that there is nothing wrong with
    my system except that I cant repair the app named "Candy Crush Soda".

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

MachineGuy, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error in Windows 10

1. Fix This Access Control Entry is corrupt error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Access Control

2. Cannot access WindowsApps due to 'access control entry' being 'corrupt'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access WindowsApps due to 'access control entry' being 'corrupt': Hi there.I am trying to add a game I purchased off the Microsoft Store to Steam, following all the necessary steps to be able to access WindowsApps but it will not allow me because my access control entry is corrupt. I don't know how to fix it.Please help me. I am...
  3. Cannot access WindowsApps due to 'access control entry' being 'corrupt'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access WindowsApps due to 'access control entry' being 'corrupt': Hi there.I am trying to add a game I purchased off the Microsoft Store to Steam, following all the necessary steps to be able to access WindowsApps but it will not allow me because my access control entry is corrupt. I don't know how to fix it.Please help me. I am...
  4. access control entry is corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    access control entry is corrupt: this access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create new one. while accessing windows app folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-control-entry-is-corrupt/a2e457dd-b3f8-4035-aafa-effcd38fc577
  5. access control entry is corrupt

access control entry is corrupt: this access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create new one. while accessing windows app folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-control-entry-is-corrupt/a2e457dd-b3f8-4035-aafa-effcd38fc577
  6. access control entry is corrupt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Fix for corrupted program entry in Control Panel / Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for corrupted program entry in Control Panel / Settings: Hey guys, Joe13 B- 2.0 here!Yes you read it, I finally found the registry path to delete a corrupted entry in the programs list.In my case, this started a long time ago when I successfully infected my device with trojans and had to do a reinstall. LOL.But somehow I got my...
  8. Fix for corrupted program entry in Control Panel / Settings

Fix for corrupted program entry in Control Panel / Settings: Hey guys, Joe13 B- 2.0 here!Yes you read it, I finally found the registry path to delete a corrupted entry in the programs list.In my case, this started a long time ago when I successfully infected my device with trojans and had to do a reinstall. LOL.But somehow I got my...
  9. Fix for corrupted program entry in Control Panel / Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Access Control Entry is Corrupt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Control Entry is Corrupt: "This access control entry is corrupt. Delete it and create a new one." This is the error that I received after trying to open a WindowsApps folder in the D: drive in a recently-new computer (that previously only had personal files like pictures) that was freshly written...