Windows 10: FIX to make WINMM-WAV/OGG wrapper to Work on Windows 10?

Discus and support FIX to make WINMM-WAV/OGG wrapper to Work on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to make the WINMM-OGG wrapper to work on Windows 10. It seems that Microsoft changed something in the WINMM.DLL file and all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rkk, Oct 4, 2015.

1. RKK
    rkk Win User

FIX to make WINMM-WAV/OGG wrapper to Work on Windows 10?

Hello, I'm trying to make the WINMM-OGG wrapper to work on Windows 10. It seems that Microsoft changed something in the WINMM.DLL file and all the wrappers based on the WINMM-WAV or WINMM-OGG wrappers got broken.

There are several Forums talking about it, and there are people saying they got it working, though their links are always broken and never reply how the got fixed it, so its unclear that they mannaged to really fix it.

The problems seems to be that WINMM-OGG wrapps arround MS WINMM, and there it fails on W10, entering in an infinite loop.

I allready tried changing the wrapper name to something else than WINMM and change the Game exe to point to he alternative DLL but still the same effect.

I hope somebody has the suficient debugging knowledge to tell where it is getting stuck or tell how to get it working on W10.

Greetings.

INFO:
    Links to WINMM-OGG: hifi-unmaintained/ogg-winmm · GitHub
    Links to the other Forums and threads:
    m$ screwed up winmm in windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_x...ith_windows_10
    Fails on Windows 10 · Issue #4 · hifi-unmaintained/ogg-winmm · GitHub
    Windows 10 and a winmm MCI wrapper

:)

2. Marc Cai Win User

Cortana is not play my music

Hello Sajith,

We got you. Which music file type do you search using Cortana? The most common music file types are
    .m4A, .mp3, .ogg, .aac, .amr and .wav.

Give us an update.

Marc Cai, Oct 4, 2015
  3. My Phone will not sync music on storage card

Only the following music formats are synchronized: mp3, aif, mid , amr, aac, au, awb, dm, m4a, midi, mp1, mp2, mpa, ogg, ram, rng, wav, wma and wve. What format are you trying to sync?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew MSFT, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

FIX to make WINMM-WAV/OGG wrapper to Work on Windows 10?

1. FIX to make WINMM-WAV/OGG wrapper to Work on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - FIX WINMM WAV

2. batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav: Hi folks,my audio devices produce thousands of .WAV files. To analyze them I use a R-package, but the scripts are using ".wav" , so the commands do not work with my files. I tried to rename them with a couple of files in a test folder on the C: drive withren *.WAV *.wavThis...
  3. batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav

in Windows 10 Gaming
    batch renaming file extensions .WAV to .wav: Hi folks,my audio devices produce thousands of .WAV files. To analyze them I use a R-package, but the scripts are using ".wav" , so the commands do not work with my files. I tried to rename them with a couple of files in a test folder on the C: drive withren *.WAV *.wavThis...
  4. ogg file lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ogg file lag: so rencently i want to type .ogg and its kill my explorer so i reset my pc and pls help to fix lag on my windows 11 : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ogg-file-lag/ab013b30-53ea-4725-9384-07f7f0c5aa87
  5. ogg file lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ogg file lag: so rencently i want to type .ogg and its kill my explorer so i reset my pc and pls help to fix lag on my windows 11 : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ogg-file-lag/ab013b30-53ea-4725-9384-07f7f0c5aa87
  6. Windows File Explorer hangs when working with .ogg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer hangs when working with .ogg files: Hey guys; I am at my wit's end tonight after spending nearly the entire day troubleshooting this issue. First, I am running Windows 10 Pro ver 2004 The problem is that when I open a folder containing .ogg music files, the folder will open, and immediately all of the files...
  7. Issue with ogg files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with ogg files: When I try to rename an .ogg file, explorer crashes, when I delete the .ogg file, it doesn't delete it, and explorer crashes too when moving the .ogg file to another folder. I had this problem for some days and it's frustrating me a lot. submitted by /u/bkyaat [link]...
  8. ogg file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ogg file: I can't delete ogg file which is a tranferred file from my phone to my pc. The name of the file is hangouts_message and hangouts_incoming_call. I would love your generous response : God Bless...
  9. play WAV file with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    play WAV file with Windows 10: Ive tried Windows Media Player, Groovie and VLC. All of them give me errors when I try to play an audio .wav file. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-wav-file-with-windows-10/3dfe3b5d-82cf-4b80-8d00-ec3916db05d6
  10. m$ screwed up winmm in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    m$ screwed up winmm in windows 10: Dunno why they changed it, now all older games that used to work fine with an alternate built winmm to read ogg files for cd music (Since later pc's don't have a physical cd connection for audio)..with windows 10.. they screwed it... it will no longer work. I had Shadows of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winmm.dll ogg windows 11

2. ogg-winmm wrapper

3. windows 10 manager winmm solve