Windows 10: Fix to my Automatic Repair Loop?

Discus and support Fix to my Automatic Repair Loop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, Situation: A few days ago, I downloaded a new antivirus and decided to perform a system scan as I had reasons to suspect malware activity.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Weeulednayr, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Fix to my Automatic Repair Loop?

Hi there,

Situation:

A few days ago, I downloaded a new antivirus and decided to perform a system scan as I had reasons to suspect malware activity. Halfway through the scan, my computer crashed and when i tried to turn it back on, it said “Preparing Automatic Repair” and eventually “Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC”. It’s been doing that ever since..

What I’ve tried/noticed:

- Some video I watched suggested trying the regback command, but it seems like my system32 folder has disappeared from my C: windows folder!?

- No system restore points are available.

- Chkdsk didn’t work, unexpected error occurred at the end

- I’ve also tried backing up files through command prompt-Notepad but I couldn’t seem to find or access my pictures, documents etc. Program files seem intact, but when I tried copying some of the more important programs many of them appeared to be corrupted.

I am very close to giving up and just performing a clean reset but I was hoping someone might be able to help salvage my important documents, pictures, videos etc.

You will have my eternal gratitude!

:)

Weeulednayr, Dec 27, 2019
  2. larry Win User

Automatic Repair Loop Continued Woes

The automatic repair loop might be caused by the following issues:
    • filesystem corruption
    • corrupt MBR or BCD
    • improper registry settings
    This article covers all the possible reasons and solutions:
    Fix Automatic Startup Repair Loop in Windows 10, 8 and 7 | Password Recovery

I hope this helps!

larry, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Fix to my Automatic Repair Loop?

Automatic repair loop

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Here are the steps I generally recommend to fix automatic repair boot loops:

Use Check Disk Utility

Fix Boot and Rebuild BCD via Command Prompt

Restore Windows Registry

Delete the Problematic File

Disable Automatic Startup Repair

Check Device Partition and OsdevicePartition

Perform Refresh or Reset Your PC

These steps are listed in detail with instructions in the below article:

https://www.technology.org/2017/11/14/7-ways-fi...

If you're still experiencing issues after these steps, please let me know and I'll see what else we can try! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Fix to my Automatic Repair Loop?

1. Fix to my Automatic Repair Loop? - Similar Threads - Fix Automatic Repair

2. How to fix automatic repair loop*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix automatic repair loop*: Title. Except I have an interesting and infuriating problem being that I can’t sign in to my microsoft account to utilize any of the advanced options. I can sign in on my phone just fine but I can’t on my computer. Only thing i have access to is wiping it completely which I...
  3. How to fix automatic repair loop*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix automatic repair loop*: Title. Except I have an interesting and infuriating problem being that I can’t sign in to my microsoft account to utilize any of the advanced options. I can sign in on my phone just fine but I can’t on my computer. Only thing i have access to is wiping it completely which I...
  4. How to fix automatic repair loop*

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix automatic repair loop: I’m having an automatic repair loop and I don’t know how to fix it I searched on the internet multiple times and still haven’t found one that fixed the problem the PC also does not have an administrator account too....
  6. How to fix automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix automatic repair loop: I’m having an automatic repair loop and I don’t know how to fix it I searched on the internet multiple times and still haven’t found one that fixed the problem the PC also does not have an administrator account too....
  7. Automatic Repair Loop

Automatic Repair Loop: Hi, I'm currently experiencing this automatic repair loop, I already tried restarting and watched videos of how to fix it but none of them works, I stumbled upon a video where you use command prompt but in my case, I couldn't use it because it needs me to sigj in, I forgot to...
  8. How to fix automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix automatic repair loop: The laptop has gone into a automatic repair loop. I tried switching it off and on 3 times to get the troubleshoot page but instead it is still continues into the automatic repair loop. I tried using an bootable windows 10 usb but did not work. I tried using a bootable windows...
  9. Automatic Repair Loop

Automatic Repair Loop: Can someone please help me. My laptop is stuck in automatic repair loop. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Windows 10. It was working alright this morning until I turn it off then tryed to turn it back on. It was really slow starting up and when it did a message come up...
  10. Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Repair Loop: Have an existing W-10 Home on a Dell 660 Desktop. It keeps starting with the Automatic Repair that goes to the "Diagnosing your PC" to the "Pc did not start correctly". Going to "Advanced" and "Troubleshooting" I first tried to "Reset". Went thru the motions then "Could not...