Windows 10: Fix Ugly Start Menu?

Discus and support Fix Ugly Start Menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've just downloaded the newest version of Windows 10, and man, I really don't like the new Start Menu. Is there a way to get the old folders back,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/t3hcoolness, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Fix Ugly Start Menu?

I've just downloaded the newest version of Windows 10, and man, I really don't like the new Start Menu. Is there a way to get the old folders back, like how they were tied to your theme color? They look terrible now. Also, they got rid of colored tiles for me, so applications like Word and Excel just have the same black background (dark theme) and aren't colored like the application.

submitted by /u/t3hcoolness
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/t3hcoolness, Mar 17, 2021

2. how to fix windows10 start menu with this problem

Hi Reuben,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us know few thing to assist you in this regard:

* Are you referring to the Start Menu problem?

* Did you have problem in launching Start Menu?

* What error message you can see when you launch Start Menu?

* Did you made any changes to your device prior?

If you have any problems with Start Menu, suggest you try the below mentioned steps and see if it fix the issue:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Let us know if problem still persist, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Darknova Win User

Fix Ugly Start Menu?

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Fix Ugly Start Menu?

1. Fix Ugly Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Fix Ugly Start

2. Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ugly Fonts and Ugly spacing: In the Desktop screen, everything is dispayed as it should be.Normal and easy to use.But in Explorer and Bing, the Font is changed to an UGLY Font with BIG charaters and BIG spacing.Can I change the Font and spacing in Windows 11?TIA...
  3. Windows 11 ugly start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 ugly start menu: Is there a way to change the start menu back to the 10 version or am I stuck with the 11 version? It is now easy for me to use and too much junk on it. I just want to be able to scroll down a list with words and not all these icons....
  4. Windows 11 ugly start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 ugly start menu: Is there a way to change the start menu back to the 10 version or am I stuck with the 11 version? It is now easy for me to use and too much junk on it. I just want to be able to scroll down a list with words and not all these icons....
  5. Context menu ugly

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu ugly: Hello, before, my context menu is okay but now, it's ugly. How do I fix this? Th is in windows 10. Thanks - - - Updated - - - The context menu is also thinner than normal. 178988
  6. Start menu broke... fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu broke... fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShitPostMan4323 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fh7bca/start_menu_broke_fix/
  7. Why do the icons in my start menu look really ugly and pixelated?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do the icons in my start menu look really ugly and pixelated?: If it helps, I just finished building this computer, everything is working as it should but this is nagging at me. This isn't happening anywhere else and this can't possibly be my monitor since I captured it here, any suggestions? 124421
  8. Start menu FIX

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu FIX: I installed build 10130 then the start menu bugged and tried every solotion i saw from posts but would not work. What worked when i went into Settings -> Personalization -> Start and toggled on / off Use full-screen start when in the taskbar. Toggle it on the click start to...
  9. Start Menu problem - fixed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu problem - fixed.: I've just found a solution to a problem I had with the start menu in 10130 and thought I'd post it here in case others are having the same problem. This morning there was nothing I could do to open the start menu - tried everything. Then I remembered that last night I...
  10. Start Menu - Can this be fixed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Can this be fixed?: Does anyone know how to fix the items below. The ones circled in red. And what is the one circled in green? 10061 start menu is really getting me frustrated. I've tried all the known fixes... WSREST, Reregister apps, try to install them again, etc. Done all the DISM and...