Windows 10: Fix Unable to display current owner error on Windows 10

Discus and support Fix Unable to display current owner error on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]All users operating a system might not have access to each and every file and folder. The owner of the file (usually the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 20, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Fix Unable to display current owner error on Windows 10

WinClub, May 20, 2019
  2. YoepC. Win User

"Access is denied" - "Unable to display current owner" C:\

Hi,

I created a problem for myself. I have changed the security settings to access the c:\ drive. I meant to change this for additional users, but changed it for all users.

Now I get this error notification: "Access is denied" - "Unable to display current owner"

How can I fix this.

I had contact with the helpdesk, suggestion was to do a clean install. But my pc is not working with me.

YoepC., May 20, 2019
  3. slance310 Win User
    Access Denied - unable to display current owner

Hi,

Have you tried changing the owner to yourself and then adding your account to the list of Authorized Users... Once you take ownership you should be able to delete all of the others in the list if needed...

slance310, May 20, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Unable to display current owner - path not found

It's not an inconvenience @Lady2012lv, it helps increase the knowledge base here. Mark the thread 'Solved' so others can learn.

BTW, there's a trick that lets you see what's on the Q: drive, if you're curious. Open one of the 'Click to run' office apps, like Excel. Now use 'File > Open'. You now have an Explorer window that has full access to the Q: drive, by virtue of being a 'click to run' app that lives there Fix Unable to display current owner error on Windows 10 :)

Fix Unable to display current owner error on Windows 10 [​IMG]

More on how 'Click to Run' works here...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...or-office-2010

Thema:

1. Fix Unable to display current owner error on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Unable display

2. We couldn't set your default save location / Unable to display current owner on D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't set your default save location / Unable to display current owner on D Drive: Hello.I've been trying to save new apps to my D:\ drive, but for some reason it gives me this error.When I try to give myself permissions to the D drive D:\WindowsApps -> Properties -> Security -> Advanced, it says "Unable to display current owner", and when I press change I...
  3. We couldn't set your default save location / Unable to display current owner on D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't set your default save location / Unable to display current owner on D Drive: Hello.I've been trying to save new apps to my D:\ drive, but for some reason it gives me this error.When I try to give myself permissions to the D drive D:\WindowsApps -> Properties -> Security -> Advanced, it says "Unable to display current owner", and when I press change I...
  4. How to fix the current windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix the current windows 10 update?: Hi Guys, Can please help me how to fix this 2020-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4565351 -Error 0x800f0831?...
  5. Fix Online login is currently unavailable – Origin error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Online login is currently unavailable – Origin error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you try to log into your Origin account on Windows 10 and you encounter the Online login is currently unavailable error message, then […] This article Fix Online login is currently unavailable – Origin error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. Currently unable to activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Currently unable to activate Windows 10: I decided to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop. It was already activated so I wrote down the key. Previous version was Windows 10 Home. When reinstalling I chose Windows 10 Home Single Language because I don't want multi-language support. I figured this was just a shortcut...
  7. Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error: [ATTACH] Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 or even upgrading to a newer version of Windows 10 from an older version of the same is not so simple. No matter if you are using the Windows 10 [...] This post Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10...
  8. Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Current Weather Display: How To Have Windows 10 Display the Weather?: Hey guys, I've noticed that when I lock my Windows 10 PC using "Windows key + L" the time is displayed and only sometimes the weather is displayed. The weather is only displayed some times for some reason... What can I do? I just want to see the current...
  9. Unable to display current owner - path not found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to display current owner - path not found: I have inherited a computer that I've had now for a year. There is a drive Q:\ that I just can't access. I've tried advanced option under security tab in properties. When I do the takeown command prompt it says path not found Q:\. I have tried it using the name of the...
  10. Unable to boot Windows 10 - no errors displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot Windows 10 - no errors displayed: Hello everybody My first post here! I am testing Windows 10 on a separate disk. Last week I installed the latest build - 10041 if memory serves - and all was good. I had a little trouble when I installed Virtualbox and the Virtualbox's USB drivers prevented my keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to display full message. you can view it by clicking here yahoo error code

2. unable to display current owner windows 10